Not your average family saloon - Contour SVT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh...I could have sworn that a friend of mine had a manual transmission equipped Mystique that was SVT...he must have just done some work to it and added the badge. I did some sleuthing around on the internet- nothing came up.

/Resume regularly scheduled programming full of SVT goodness

There was no Mystique STV, but the Cougar has a funny little bit of trivia with that engine. The Cougar S got so far into production planning that you can still find it listed as a model on car insurance websites and even on tirerack.com, even though there were none ever sold. In europe, it was sold as the Ford Cougar ST200, though.

I drove my grandma's second gen Contour with the V6 for a while and it was one of the slowest cars I've ever seen. It wouldn't do 45mph if you dropped it off the empire state building.

Yours looks like it'd be a few ticks faster.

I had the opportunity to drive an SVT Focus a few months ago, it was fantastic. SVT knows their shit.

That bumper is, erm, safe... Other than that, its a great looking car. Its a Mondeo ST24 in Aus, theres a nice tastefully modified one that I see around town sometimes. And the FWD doesn't really matter as long as you don't overload it with your tuning. Mondeos always had good chassis, I imagine they didn't soften it too much to make the American version.

I'm really diggin your SVT!

Its nice to see one looking shape and be essentially race prepped and ready for some track abuse! keep up the good work!

Nice. I love those things.

However...I still like the SHO better.

That bumper is, erm, safe... Other than that, its a great looking car. Its a Mondeo ST24 in Aus, theres a nice tastefully modified one that I see around town sometimes. And the FWD doesn't really matter as long as you don't overload it with your tuning. Mondeos always had good chassis, I imagine they didn't soften it too much to make the American version.

SVT made the Contour SVT (the Mondeo ST is just the SVT without the V). So it isn't softer. SVT only puts their name on cars they developed.

How'd you get the cams to fit the 3.0 motor? or are the heads for the 2.5 and 3.0 very similar?

Heads are very similar, the port shaping is different on the 3L's, rather than having dual runner ports, it has one oval port. You need to change the whole timing gear assembly in order for the cam gears of the 2.5L to work on the 3L's though.

Awsome SVT Contour. I had a friend with a '99 and it was a blast to drive. I dig the Mondeo ST's too. Got any videos yet?

P.S. If you haven't driven one yet drive an SVT Focus, they are a blast too. :D

Good to see more SVT owners on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.