Oklahoma Now Closed - Yes, the entire state!

Snow my ass. I would hijack a plane to get the snow over here, but then it would just melt halfway through. :(

You just need an outboard motor from a boat, a bit of steel to form a chute and some shields, and some blocks of ice to make snow.

Sounds like east Kansas/west Missouri will be in the same shape tomorrow. There's a good 6" of snow on the ground now, and it's still falling. Which means I'm going to fix my heater tomorrow and then go see how stuck I can get. :D

Tonight in Dallas me and gf took a drive to her moms house. 3 hours of 20MPH and random bridges closed. Finally turned around and took another 2.5 hours home. Easily 30 wrecks on the way. Only like 1in of snow max.

PS
I drive a 2 wheel drive F150 with standard all weather tires. It gets trail happy fast with no weight back there, but I know how to handle it.

Last edited:
It's not snow out there any more. It was ice and getting worse when I was out a few hours ago.

It's not snow out there any more. It was ice and getting worse when I was out a few hours ago.
It was just a solid sheet of ice as I was driving home... Was an absolute bitch...

Saw a c6 vett do a 270 spin then end on the wrong side of the road and get smashed by a explorer.

Your snowstorms are so cute and tiny.

Your snowstorms are so cute and tiny.
Doesn't matter. Idiots can't drive in it. Cities don't maintain enough plows for it. Plus it does fun stuff here like rain all day, freeze, then start dumping snow. That really screws the soccer moms in their SUVs up.

Doesn't matter. Idiots can't drive in it. Cities don't maintain enough plows for it. Plus it does fun stuff here like rain all day, freeze, then start dumping snow. That really screws the soccer moms in their SUVs up.

QFT.

Even if I had a lot of experience driving in snow, I'd still want to stay at home here.

Wacoans are awful enough in perfect weather. Add even rain (much less snow!) to that and it's a royal mess.

Last edited:
Dude Oklahoma by itself looks like it's pointing towards the west. Best to take the advice and come to sunny California IMO

Clark Griswald: Roy, could you imagine if you had driven all the way to Florida and it was closed?
Roy Walley: Closed? Uh, they don't close Florida.

But they do close Oklahoma. :lol:

All these "snow chaos" threads are always a great laugh from a swiss point of view.

All Oklahoma resident's are advised to download "The Day After Tomorrow" as a nex-get public service announcement. ;)

I just looked out of my windows to check how the roads look... and the damn National Guard is driving their Humvees up and down the street, pulling cars out of snow banks.

I just looked out of my windows to check how the roads look... and the damn National Guard is driving their Humvees up and down the street, pulling cars out of snow banks.

:blink: pics plz! :lol: