Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Well unless the portability will be that useful, more than double the screen real estate and power sounds like a good idea to me. I have to admit though, the 13" is smexy.

its usb because some computers don't have soundcard or doens't have enought good soundcard, so the the speakers use usb soundcards to create your sounds.

One word: crosstalk. It's HORRIBLE on onboard soundcards, having a USB set completely eliminates that.

Also, especially on a laptop, the speakers are probably powered by USB so there's a (small) amplifier compared to passive speakers...at least that would make sense to me...

Awesome, Thanks for the explanations! + Rep to all! :)

I just discovered Google Reader.

I'm addicted.

It is. I've been using it for a few years now... every time I'm bored or have nothing to do, it's the first place to go :) Some 100 subscriptions with constant updates. How many have you got already? :)

This might not be the ideal place to post this, but I'm getting used to my PSP and decided to start uploading stuff to it.

movies/music/pictures are simple enough but what would I do to import a game save ( like 100% complete from gamefaqs.com or something like that :D)

It's for GT psp, I just beat all the missions and I don't want to save money each time I see a car worth buying.

the media manager thing only lists the usual movies/music/pics/games so I'm not sure...

I just discovered Google Reader.

I'm addicted.

It is. I've been using it for a few years now... every time I'm bored or have nothing to do, it's the first place to go :) Some 100 subscriptions with constant updates. How many have you got already? :)

I must admit, i was a google reader hater-I've always used FeedDemon Desktop for reading RSS feeds, but after they shutdown NewsGator Online and replaced it with Google Reader sync, Google Reader is nice. :cool::D

What is the proper greeting, besides a punch in the throat/testicles/va-jay-jay, when meeting someone with an aol.com email address?

What is the proper greeting, besides a punch in the throat/testicles/va-jay-jay, when meeting someone with an aol.com email address?

My msn messenger (Live Messenger now, I guess) is an aol email. Still fully serviceable from back in my dialup days :? :lol:

My msn messenger (Live Messenger now, I guess) is an aol email. Still fully serviceable from back in my dialup days :? :lol:

LOL mine too. I haven't used it for email in years but I don't really feel like changing over my contacts and shit so I still use that.
Worse it is an anime nerd aol email :?

This might not be the ideal place to post this, but I'm getting used to my PSP and decided to start uploading stuff to it.

movies/music/pictures are simple enough but what would I do to import a game save ( like 100% complete from gamefaqs.com or something like that :D)

It's for GT psp, I just beat all the missions and I don't want to save money each time I see a car worth buying.

the media manager thing only lists the usual movies/music/pics/games so I'm not sure...

Game saves are in PSP/GAME/SAVE IIRC, or something like that. It's pretty obvious. You'll have to figure out which alphanumeric code corresponds to GT PSP but then you can just drop it in the folder. Googling the codes should work. Sorry, at work so I don't have my PSP right now.

Only 9 subscriptions so far, but they keep me busy.

Only problem is I wish they made it as a standalone application. I don't like having to go into a browser to use it I just want to leave it open on my desktop.

Only 9 subscriptions so far, but they keep me busy.

Only problem is I wish they made it as a standalone application. I don't like having to go into a browser to use it I just want to leave it open on my desktop.

Give FeedDemon a try: http://www.newsgator.com/individuals/feeddemon/default.aspx

As for Email addresses, i still use my AOL.com address daily. Lame, i know, but i feel like it would be too much hassle to switch over to what the "cool" people are using like gmail en mass. I do have gmail, yahoo and msn addresses though!

LOL mine too. I haven't used it for email in years but I don't really feel like changing over my contacts and shit so I still use that.
Worse it is an anime nerd aol email :?

There's a joke in the Family Guy "Something Something Something Darkside" (might just be two "something"s...) where someone gives his email address "My email is [whateveritwas]@compuserve.com...that's right...compuserve."

There's a joke in the Family Guy "Something Something Something Darkside" (might just be two "something"s...) where someone gives his email address "My email is [whateveritwas]@compuserve.com...that's right...compuserve."

:lol:

Didn't they die off before the end of the 90s?

you cannot use other peoples game saves for GT PSP :(
it only works with the mac address of the PSP that created the save.

Which is better...using a program's "Uninstall" or use Windows' "Remove Program" feature?

Although if you're in the mood, CCleaner's uninstaller is a ton faster than Windows. I'm becoming a big fan of that program for getting rid of programs and temp files and crap quickly and easily.