The "New Toys" Thread

3-moncarbone-carbon-fiber-iphone-3g-3gs-case.jpg

Genuine carbon fibre cover for iPhone. Nerdness on an all new level.

Now find some cheap place for a Win7 license and this will be one fine thing.

Well, you can just do the rearm thing for the next 120 days. I'm sure there will be a reliable way around licenses by then. Or, you can keep the OS separate from everything else, and just do rearm, then wipe and start over.

Last edited:
I picked up a PS3 to go with my new Panasonic plasma. I wanted Burnout Paradise but couldn't find it so I went with NFS:Shift and so far I really like it.

Two words: PSN Store. It's ultra cheap there.

To cut an extremely long story short, I ended up having to trade my Milestone for one of these monsters:

htc-leo-11.jpg

And I think the Milestone will be my last dabble with Android for quiet some time.

well, i decided to use the gift cards i got for xmas and i went and bought a new 120gb PS3 slim. i had to drive all over the place to find it. i must have gotten the last 120gb Slim PS3 in metro detroit.

And I think the Milestone will be my last dabble with Android for quiet some time.

What was wrong with Android? :|

Edit: I would take that over the milestone any time by the way :p But not for the OS :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to get freely downloadable games for an S60 mobile? I just got my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, and I'd like to extend the selection of games. I'm mainly looking for easy stuff, like Solitaire and Sudoku.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/the_interceptor/2009/12/29/nokia-5800.jpg

By the way: it's not an iPhone replacement, but a nice (and significantly cheaper) piece of kit if you haven't had a Smartphone before.

Last edited:
To cut an extremely long story short, I ended up having to trade my Milestone for one of these monsters:

...so you went from fairly decent to not so decent? :blink:

There was an extremely long and complicated story behind it, but anyway. I am liking the phone so far, and at least I'm already used to WM 6.5

Back onto topic, just finished setting this up:

url

and I installed this for my little Echo:

url

Well, its no big loss. If I don't like it after a while I'll just sell it and get an iPhone 3GS or whatever gets released.

HTC's done a good job with Sense, the screen is absolutely fucken brilliant and web pages load extremely quickly. Also, multitouch!

Does anyone know where to get freely downloadable games for an S60 mobile? I just got my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, and I'd like to extend the selection of games. I'm mainly looking for easy stuff, like Solitaire and Sudoku.

there's a lot of 'free' sites, just look for yours which i assume is S60 3rd gen or later, i forget... if you dont want that getjar.com has some java games that work on most S60s.

Guy i work with has that phone, quite nice interface and the case along with it.

there's a lot of 'free' sites, just look for yours which i assume is S60 3rd gen or later, i forget... if you dont want that getjar.com has some java games that work on most S60s.

Guy i work with has that phone, quite nice interface and the case along with it.
Yeah, its S60 5th gen. Problem is that since mobiles are so popular, there's a lot of sites that want pretend to provide free stuff and then ask you for money or install trojans. And since I have no experience on which ones are trustworthy, I asked.

Yeah, its S60 5th gen. Problem is that since mobiles are so popular, there's a lot of sites that want pretend to provide free stuff and then ask you for money or install trojans. And since I have no experience on which ones are trustworthy, I asked.

try ovi store and google "s60 5th gen free games"

ovi store is slow and fucked up, but it has many programs and some are free.

ps. i <3 my 5800 xpressmusic, did your version of the package had all the accessories or just usb and power?

pps. here's my review of the device :p click me!

Last edited:
try ovi store and google "s60 5th gen free games"

ovi store is slow and fucked up, but it has many programs and some are free.
Thanks, will have a look!
ps. i <3 my 5800 xpressmusic, did your version of the package had all the accessories or just usb and power?
I was not aware there are different packages available. Mine had USB, power, a remote and earplugs and the "plectra" thing. I didn't see a protective case and a video cable though.

After reading posts on here praising the MX1100, I decided to go out and buy one. My old LX5 mouse is wearing out (the middle click was hit and miss) but is 3 years old so I can't complain.

After a bit of messing around (turns out I needed to install the latest Setpoint, then run a program that can only be found by diving into the program folder, to connect the mouse to the receiver. Now that's done though it's working perfectly. It's much more comfortable in the hand than the old mouse, although I can't get the pointer speed to be exactly the same as my old mouse. I'll get used to it.

Edit: I didn't know there was a button under the thumb rest until I just pressed it. That's very useful for switching applications.

Last edited: