[14x06] Stats

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
Big night for Top Gear as they took the most watched show of the night with 6.4 million (share 26.1%).

The second most watched show was Cranford on BBC One with 5.4 million (share 24.4%).

It was the most watched show on BBC Two as well with James May coming in second at 3 million (share 13.8%).

1. Top Gear - BBC Two - 6.4 million (26.1%)
2. Cranford - BBC One - 5.4 million (24.4%)
3. BBC News - BBC One - 5.4 million (26.2%)
4. Outnumbered - BBC One - 4.8 million (24.5%)
5. Casualty - BBC One - 4.5 million (18.3%)

can't remember the last time i saw something on ITV where i thought "i must watch that" in fact i can't remember the last time i actually watched something on ITV.
BBC on the other hand are likely having a storming xmas period at the moment. i'd probably go so far and say that this has probably been one of their best Xmas line-ups i can remember. Top Gear, James May's Toy Stories, Doctor Who, Day of the Triffids, QI, Have I Got News For You and other stuff. If only they could sort out Eastenders. Each time i see that it just makes me want to top myself.

Me too - I hear it was actually rather good - oh boy does Murdoch hate the BBC. So does ITV, in fact they want our bloody money to prop up their crappy offerings and make profits!

top gear is back! damn love it!

Just wondering if the stats for Top Gear include BBC HD aswell, or just BBC Two?

that was something that occured to me last night since i was watching on BBC HD. perhaps one of our more illustrious members of the forum can help fill us in on how it works.

It's just BBC Two as these are the overnight figures but to be honest there isn't much available in the way of stats for BBC HD and they rarely get higher than 5 figures.

Also - unless you're one of the 5,100 Barb (the ratings agency) panellists (the group of people that represent the whole country in terms of TV viewing figures) and have a box that monitors your viewing habits then what you watch won't make a difference to the ratings figure.

can't remember the last time i saw something on ITV where i thought "i must watch that" in fact i can't remember the last time i actually watched something on ITV.
B.
Funny you should say that there something i am going to watch tonight on ITV with John hurt first time in ages i have watched ITV.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that there something i am going to watch tonight on ITV with John hurt first time in ages i have watched ITV.

actually i jinxed myself there because not long after i saw a trailer on there for Law & Order UK which got my attention, been a while since i thought 'oh i might watch that' and it being a ITV program.
and thanks for the explanation upyourego, that was one of those small things that was niggling away at me while watching the program

Last edited:
Just wondering if the stats for Top Gear include BBC HD aswell, or just BBC Two?

To provide some idea, 14x03 got 412,000 viewers on BBC HD, which is a bloody decent figure for not only a digital channel, but a High definition niche digital channel!

You're probably the only person who did watch that. It got beaten by a Top Gear repeat in the ratings :blink:

Last edited:
Finally going up from 5.x million. Surely the absence of X-Factor and the show being back at 8'ish helped. Here's hoping for 7 million season finale.

:)Thats good to see, the episode deserved it. I find most of the British tv I watch is either BBC or channel 4. Channel 4 has some funny stuff. I watched the first couple seasons of kingdom which was ITV I think, but even that got old.

1. Top Gear - BBC Two - 6.4 million (26.1%)
2. Cranford - BBC One - 5.4 million (24.4%)
3. BBC News - BBC One - 5.4 million (26.2%)
4. Outnumbered - BBC One - 4.8 million (24.5%)
5. Casualty - BBC One - 4.5 million (18.3%)
What!? 5.4 million people tuned into watch the news? what where they expecting exactly? World Peace? Simon Cowell being pelted with eggs? A Kakapo climbing Everest?

What!? 5.4 million people tuned into watch the news? what where they expecting exactly? World Peace? Simon Cowell being pelted with eggs? A Kakapo climbing Everest?

Dammit the BBC News is the best damned programme ever invented!:cool: