Suggestion: Tapatalk support

Re: Suggestion: Tapatalk support

You seem to be the only one... Kind of annoying to constantly delete, if I'm brutally honest. I paid for the damn app, don't place adverts into my damn posts! /rant

EDIT: Load up the Settings app, flick to Tapatalk, and turn off the Signature. :)

Last edited:
^ brilliant, thankyou!

Re: Suggestion: Tapatalk support

This is actually really cool. The only gripe that I have about it is that you can't access the user cp, you can only access your inbox. :(

Hmmm...part of me wants to try it out and part of me...doesn't.

I usually browse the forums on Safari...it mostly works. What's the advantage of getting a separate iPhone app?

Hmmm...part of me wants to try it out and part of me...doesn't.

I usually browse the forums on Safari...it mostly works. What's the advantage of getting a separate iPhone app?
Just a UI designed for such a small screen and it's faster loading due to less bandwidth needed.

When VB4 comes out we will try to find a good mobile skin, which will allow everyone to use all the features straight from the browser (and for free). Until then, tapatalk will have to do.

When VB4 comes out, I am assuming that you'll leave support for Tapatalk? I actually quite like the app, and feel that it's much quicker than using Safari, even if there is a mobile version of the theme.

Tapatalk probably works with any VB3 forum. I'm sure they will update it for VB4.

When VB4 comes out, I am assuming that you'll leave support for Tapatalk? I actually quite like the app, and feel that it's much quicker than using Safari, even if there is a mobile version of the theme.
It's just some files and a plugin. Might as well.

Don't give up on a regular mobile theme, though. Some of us use a proper smartphone, not this cloudy-iPhone and Android cruft.

We'll do our best. Theme options may be a bit limited at first, until more people move to vb4.

When you get a mobile theme, will there be an option to turn it off (easily!) if we want?

Never been a huge fan of mobile themes. That's why I got a phone with such a huge screen, haha.

The damn forum is asking me to buy the freaking app in nearly every thread I'm going into, one time is ok but every time is bloody annoying and I don't want to pay 2$ for something that already works well enough in safari! :)

The damn forum is asking me to buy the freaking app in nearly every thread I'm going into, one time is ok but every time is bloody annoying and I don't want to pay 2$ for something that already works well enough in safari! :)
If you click cancel, it should set a cookie to not ask again.

I'll remove the code regardless though.

I like how no one noticed this hasn't been working since we switched to vB4. It's working now, but I guess no one uses this feature anymore. :)

Oh I noticed. I just didn't bitch. :p

Updated plugin to the latest version. Supposedly adds more features. Or something.

I can't find finalgear.com on tapatalk through search and have no idea what category it fits under. Anyone gimme a hand?