Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there was a mod that prevented identical posts. I remember hitting it a bit back.

I suspect it is mostly cases where the page load is waiting on a table-lock to submit the new post, and since that can at times take a while, the user gets impatient and hits refresh. We could well be seeing the problem more because for the first time, the web servers can handle enough traffic that the database server blocks on queries for a noticeable length of time occasionally.

^It they don't write and 'blacklisted' words or links/pics it goes straight through without moderation.
Ah, that?s interesting. thanks.

I suspect it is mostly cases where the page load is waiting on a table-lock to submit the new post, and since that can at times take a while, the user gets impatient and hits refresh. We could well be seeing the problem more because for the first time, the web servers can handle enough traffic that the database server blocks on queries for a noticeable length of time occasionally.

That?s interesting too, so to be clear , I have only noticed this in the Intros Thread, Vikirad may have seen it elsewhere.

:think:

[Holmes mode]
Watson! Fetch me my violin, this seems like a "three pipe" problem.
[/Holmes mode]

I know that I have accidentally double-posted a few times outside of "Introduce yourself", and that I have goten quite a few "the forum requires you to wait 30 seconds between posts, try again in ... seconds" messages. I don't accidentally double-click the button (that I know of, it doesn't happen on any other forums/forms I post in) and I don't refresh the page. Dunno why it is doing it....

Not entirely sure if this is the appropriate thread for this, its rather more of a "Forum Question", but oh well.

Could someone explain the best way for keeping up to date with threads you post in? As in are there tools here that can allow you to know if someone has posted after you in a thread, quoted you, etc. I find I often post something and then completely forget about it. Right now what i do is go to my member page, click posts by user, and then scan my recent posts, but is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for helping out a total forum newbie.

Yeah, you can automatically subscribe to threads you post in. That way, you will be notofied of any changes that have been happening in the threads you are subscribed to.

I recently noticed that all my picture heavy posts take a really long time to post, and then always come up as double posts. I don't know if this has been covered already, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Are they posts using the attachment system or just linking to images?

Had to register to post this. My F-Secure Client Security went crazy when entering page 11 on "The best ever Clarkson, Hammond and May Quotes". It was the only page on my Firefox and F-Secure found a trojan. Report in Norwegian (english translation in red)

Skannerapport (Scan report)
5. januar 2010 13:01:14 - 13:01:14

Datamaskinnavn: xxxxx (computername is censored)
Skannetype: Skann m?l (Scan target)
M?l: C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\adkn6047.default\Cache\9DBA215Bd01 (target)
Resultat: 1 fant skadelig progr. (Result: found 1)
Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.rp (virus) (Trojan)

* C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\adkn6047.default\Cache\9DBA215Bd01 Handl.: desinfisert (Action: Desinfected)

Following last night?s problem with Web2 access to the system GIFs, as you can see, I am now back on the Forum and everything looks OK.

Thanks packetcollision, I hope the Traceroutes I emailed you were helpful in the diagnostics and problem resolution. :thumbup:

Any idea how problem many members were affected?
:)

Whenever I try to post a quick reply, it either works very slowly or not at all. I'm not quite sure why, I've never noticed this happen before.

Just curious if gXboxLive is ever coming back? It's not too big of a deal, but some of us miss it.

Can I suggest that we create a 'travel' subforum under off topic - to discuss world travel and report on where we have been etc?

Can I suggest that we create a 'travel' subforum under off topic - to discuss world travel and report on where we have been etc?

Make a thread first. If it becomes popular enough a forum can be created.

It was disabled due to server load I believe. It's back now. :)

Today all my "view first unread" functions stopped working. I also can't go to a post I got rep for if I click on it. I'm using SeaMonkey. Might be my browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.