Your Camera Equipment

I picked up a Crumpler 7 million Dollar Home in Grey/Red for Christmas. Very happy with it.

Edit:

With pictures:
DSC00890.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

Last edited:
Since we're also mentioning monitors here, I got myself a Philips 220E 21.5" 1080p monitor (1980x1080) for $200 CAD. I'm very happy with it compared to the last monitor I bought (and quickly returned). Colour rendition looks good, no nasty colour cast, brilliant and sharp, virtually no light leakage around the edges... it's real nice to have all this real-estate after years of 1280x1024 on a 17" :lol:

I was given a National Geographic Earth Explorer small rucksack and a Tamron 70-300 Tele/Macro Lens for Christmas. I'm quite happy with both.
18167_390655025586_661680586_10360022_3892877_n.jpg

18167_390655030586_661680586_10360023_6708269_n.jpg

Tools_Of_My_Trade_by_20smoke20.jpg

^ I'm going to need a 50mm prime as well sooner or later, and it might well be that very Sigma. :)

Anyway, even if I've only had it for a day, I must say I can only recommend the Sigma 150mm Macro:

Not that I've owned too much lenses yet, but this one is, without the shadow of a doubt, the sharpest lens I've ever had:

sample pic:

100% crop:

It's a bit hard to handle due to the necessary short exposure times and the very shallow DOF, but when you get it right it's just brilliant! :banana:

Last edited:
I'm glad it lives up to expectations the Interceptor, I was a bit worried after recommending it that it wouldn't perform :p. The only issue now is that I am bitterly tempted to get one too! I'm really looking forward to seeing more from it in here and lens flare.

I'm glad it lives up to expectations the Interceptor, I was a bit worried after recommending it that it wouldn't perform :p. The only issue now is that I am bitterly tempted to get one too! I'm really looking forward to seeing more from it in here and lens flare.
If it wouldn't have performed, I'd have sent ya the bill. :mrgreen:

Nah, it's great! I just don't have very much time for serious shooting right now. :(

Will post what I can get together in Lens Flair though.

I got a Panasonic ZS3 for Christmas. One of the highest rated P & S compacts out now. It's got 12x Optical, 10MP, 25mm wide angle lens, and it shoots video in 720p. I haven't really gotten out to take any good pictures yet, but I expect good things.

Yeah, well, good luck with that! :mrgreen:

sounds like a good starter kit, it has manual modes so that you can learn the basics of settings with it and it is a "cheap" way to start shooting videos also.. nothing wrong with that. No need to :mrgreen: there mister :)

I admit it was a bit cocky, my apologies! :)

It's just ... I was in the market for an as-good-as-it-gets P&S as well when I wanted to get my first digital camera, and after reading a lot of reviews and browsing though loads of sample shots, it became quite clear to me that there is not a single P&S in the world that will satisfy my needs. Actually, I was surprised by the bad quality even the best P&Ss chuck out under everything except excellent lighting. A P&S doing that well seemingly doesn't exist, so I got me a dSLR, which, looking back now, definitely was the right decision.

I think part of the problem with compacts is the retarded megapickle war. Compacts should be 8MP max. Yeah, so Nikon has the beastly D300s chucking out twelve megapixels because they wanted to keep the pixels large and good... and then they make all sorts of questionable compacts with twelve megapixels so as to keep the pixels as small, noisy, and crappy as possible. MAKES SENSE TO ME.

I think part of the problem with compacts is the retarded megapickle war. Compacts should be 8MP max. Yeah, so Nikon has the beastly D300s chucking out twelve megapixels because they wanted to keep the pixels large and good... and then they make all sorts of questionable compacts with twelve megapixels so as to keep the pixels as small, noisy, and crappy as possible. MAKES SENSE TO ME.

Nikon should make a 6mp DX prosumer. That would give it the same potential for high ISO performance as the D3..

;)

dsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsddsgfdgssfdgfdgsdfgfdgsfdsgdfgsfdgsd

Last edited:
That's some great gear you've got there, I'm sure you'll have fun with it. 24-105 is a nice range for a walkabout lens too, I just wish other manufacturers would make something along the lines of that. It's nice to see someone spending on both the body and glass, it saddens me when people buy a lovely top of the range body and pair it with the kit lens they got for free with a previous body!

Some manufacturers do make a lens along those lines..

:p