Two Gentlemen of Lebowski

WDWBen

Subaru Killer
Car(s)
2021 Mini Cooper S
A friend of mine wrote this. It is, in it's entirety, The Big Lebowski written as if Shakespeare himself had written the movie. It has EXPLODED across the internet, and is in the process of being turned into a stage production by several acting troupes. I highly suggest you give it a read, retweet, an e-mail forward, et cetera.

If you don't believe me, Google "Two Gentlemen of Lebowski." Or search it in Twitter. It's hot right now.

http://www.runleiarun.com/lebowski/

I'm only up to the second line and I'm already laughing my ass off.:lol:

It helps that I've seen The Big Lebowski at least 20 times because I can picture how it's "meant" to be said.:)

EDIT::roflmao:

Last edited:
I've seen about 10 minutes of that movie and don't get what this is about. But it looks like a looooot of work :?

I've seen about 10 minutes of that movie and don't get what this is about.

Maybe the reason is because you only watched it 10 minutes?

I've seen about 10 minutes of that movie and don't get what this is about. But it looks like a looooot of work :?

It's written in iambic pentameter.

Mh.. no, i meant it differently. I just re-checked.. I've seen more of the movie.. maybe 3/4 of it, but I didn't see anything special or particularly funny in it.

So I'm wondering why your friend chose this specific movie to turn it into literature and not another one. Where does the inspiration come from to use that movie?

I'm well aware that it must have been really hard to write that with all these stylistic devices in it. For me it would have been... impossible. There was nothing that I hated and sucked more in then literature stuff back in school. Iambic pentameters and however these things are called ruined my graduation grade a bit and therefore i was very angry i burnt all my "classic" literature books after that :p

Nevertheless I have great respect for people who can actually deal with stuff like this. Not to mention to come up with something "new" in this classic style. Must be way way way way harder than just reading and interpreting the same 300 year old original shit over and over... that comes from Shakespeare.. Goethe... etc

Last edited:
It's a GREAT movie with an Odd dark sense of humor.
so,,

YOUR OUT OF YOUR FUCKING ELEMENT DONNY!
one of my favorites.:cheers:

Last edited:
Mh.. no, i meant it differently. I just re-checked.. I've seen more of the movie.. maybe 3/4 of it, but I didn't see anything special or particularly funny in it.

lebowski-opinion.jpg

So I'm wondering why your friend chose this specific movie to turn it into literature and not another one. Where does the inspiration come from to use that movie?

I'm well aware that it must have been really hard to write that with all these stylistic devices in it. For me it would have been... impossible. There was nothing that I hated and sucked more in then literature stuff back in school. Iambic pentameters and however these things are called ruined my graduation grade a bit and therefore i was very angry i burnt all my "classic" literature books after that :p

Nevertheless I have great respect for people who can actually deal with stuff like this. Not to mention to come up with something "new" in this classic style. Must be way way way way harder than just reading and interpreting the same 300 year old original shit over and over... that comes from Shakespeare.. Goethe... etc

Does the term "absolute cult" mean something to you? :)

The main reason for that is, because it is funny, original, witty, clever and it never gets old, even if you watch it a million times. It's the prototype of a new kind of comedy: It's like Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola made a comedy while being stoned. Not to mention the brilliant acting of the whole cast, especially John Goodman.

Some say it's the ultimate men's movie.

Walter Sobchak: OVER THE LINE!
Smokey: Huh?
Walter Sobchak: I'm sorry, Smokey. You were over the line, that's a foul.
Smokey: Bullshit. Mark it 8, Dude.
Walter Sobchak: Uh, excuse me. Mark it zero. Next frame.
Smokey: Bullshit, Walter. Mark it 8, Dude.
Walter Sobchak: Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Last edited:
I have to say this is a work of art sir. Favorite Part:
THE KNAVE
Yea, well, that be, forsooth, thy opinion, sir.

QUINCE
Well; but be forewarn?d. It reach?d mine ears
That combustible Walter, o?ercome with rage
Did shed good sense, and raise his sword in play.
I fear not such jade?s tricks, an seeing ill,
Would snatch the burden from the jealous knight
And pierce his gizzard with the wrongful steel,
Points up, as said of Coriolanus.

THE KNAVE
Zounds!

QUINCE
Thou speakest rightly, sir. No man misdeals with Joshua Quince, by Jesu.

So inspired by this thread I rented the original movie and I'm gonna watch it later... Let's see if I can make a sense out of this then afterwards :p

Bump as the live-show dates are selling out fast!