Woman warned by police for brandishing a knife (in her own home)

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Myleene Klass warned after brandishing knife to deter intruders
Police tell TV presenter she was acting illegally in waving kitchen knife at youths who were peering in window late at night
Haroon Siddique Sunday 10 January 2010 12.08 GMT

The TV presenter and Marks & Spencer model Myleene Klass has been warned by police for waving a knife at teenagers who were peering into a window of her house late at night.

Klass was in the kitchen with her daughter upstairs when she spotted the youths in her garden just after midnight on Friday. She grabbed a knife and banged the windows before they ran away.

Hertfordshire police warned her she should not have used a knife to scare off the youths because carrying an "offensive weapon", even in her own home, was illegal.

Klass's spokesman, Jonathan Shalit, said the former Hear'Say singer was "utterly terrified" by the intruders and "aghast" at the police warning. "All she did was scream loudly and wave the knife to try and frighten them off," he told the Sunday Telegraph. "She is not looking to be a vigilante, and has the utmost respect for the law, but when the police explained to her that even if you're at home alone and you have an intruder, you are not allowed to protect yourself, she was bemused."

The warning issued to the model comes after a pledge by the Conservative party last month that they would make it more difficult for people who tackle burglars to be prosecuted.

The shadow home secretary, Chris Grayling, spoke out after Munir Hussain was jailed for beating a man who tied up his family in their home. He and his brother used a cricket bat to beat one of the intruders, who was left with a permanent brain injury.

A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire police said no reference was made in the Klass incident report about a weapon. She said the incident was being treated as trespass and "words of advice were given in relation to ensuring suspicious behaviour is reported immediately".

Klass, whose fiance, Graham Quinn, was away on business at the time of the scare, plans to step up security at the property, near Potters Bar.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/10/myleene-klass-knife-intruders

I do apologize for posting an article from the Guardian (bastion of the weak and wrong) but I just had to share this article. The UK seems to be getting more odd as the years pass by.

Last edited:
We have to keep the crime figures up, by making honest, law abiding citizens, only trying to protect them selves the new criminal class. So much easier than chasing real criminals - oh and here are some forms to fill in too Mr Policeman, thump 200 forms hit his desk.

To be honest, the story is pretty iffy. Yes, if everything is as straight-forward as it seems, then this is surely retarded - as far as I'm concerned she should be able to fire off some warning shots at the bastards. However, its not entirely clear what happened here; maybe the kids were just taking a shortcut across her yard :dunno:

^^^ No excuse on the kids even if they were just taking a shortcut (and, according to them, the kids were looking through the window) That's not taking a shortcut.

I think for the most part, specially for women, they will be startled and adrenaline will rush when they see people on their property at staring at them through their window.

To be honest, the story is pretty iffy. Yes, if everything is as straight-forward as it seems, then this is surely retarded - as far as I'm concerned she should be able to fire off some warning shots at the bastards. However, its not entirely clear what happened here; maybe the kids were just taking a shortcut across her yard :dunno:

And even if that was so........all she did was brandish a knife in her own home. She did not go chasing after them.

Yet again Myleene Klass finds a way into the news. So... she got a new show starting soon then?

If someone was walking on my property, I would shoot them and then burn their bodies and go to bed happy and sleep well. Sometimes, you have to take law in your own hands.

Yeah! You give that postman hell!

Let me ask you: if there is a glass window between the knife and the kids, where the F is the danger to them? I cannot wait to get my uni degree sorted and get out of this nanny state.

I doubt the "knife" incident ever happened. It is just a way to get some free publicity. There is no other reason why the spokesperson would even mention it if he wasn't after publicity.

To use the old cliche, Myleene Klass would turn up at the opening of an envelope.

Kind of like Jordan/Katy Price, who bravely fought against benign cancer of the fingernail.

A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire police said no reference was made in the Klass incident report about a weapon. She said the incident was being treated as trespass and "words of advice were given in relation to ensuring suspicious behaviour is reported immediately".

I think that says it all, why would the police contradict themselves? Hint: it's just another "BROKEN BRITAIN ELF AND SAFETY GAWN MAD PC GAWN MAD" story and a means for Myleene to get her name in the papers again.

So at what point will every object in the UK be replaced with a NERF equivalent?

LOL

Nanny state.