Beer

Call me a nerd but I collect bottle caps and also try to keep a list of all the beers I've tried. Needless to say the list has more names than I have caps, as a lot of beers I drink are on tap. Anyways, I just went through the list and discovered that there are 76 entries and I know for a fact that I'm forgetting a few. I've been 21 for almost 7 months... Am I a nerd, alcoholic, or both?

Call me a nerd but I collect bottle caps and also try to keep a list of all the beers I've tried. Needless to say the list has more names than I have caps, as a lot of beers I drink are on tap. Anyways, I just went through the list and discovered that there are 76 entries and I know for a fact that I'm forgetting a few. I've been 21 for almost 7 months... Am I a nerd, alcoholic, or both?
Connoisseur in training.

strongbow_cider.jpg

is crap

It's not beer either.

I do that too. (Yeah, it's a frat boy thing.) Maybe someday I'll actually get around to building something cool with them, but I like to keep track of what I've drank before.

I also have some caps from Mexican Coke, Saranac root beer :)love:), Italian seltzer water, and random crap like that. :D

P.S.: you're an alcoholic, I've been buying beer for a year longer than you and I don't have that many...I think :think:

I only collect the whisky bottles (and the fancy boxes they came in) I have drank. I threw away old ones when moving in here about 2,5 years ago. In that time I have collected 8 whisky bottles and 1 vodka bottle. There has been two or three bottles I have finished elsewhere and I haven't bothered bring those back here.

I don't think you can call me an alcholic based on that, but you can go ahead and call me a nerd (regardless of the bottles).

fuck, i havent had a beer in weeks. stupid winter vacation.

damnit i cant wait to go back to college

So bottled the beer today. 5 gallons is A LOT! Like a growler, two champagne bottles, and like 20 beer bottles and I still have a gallon left. Think I'm just going to sanitize a couple 2 liters and squish the air out, we'll see how that works.

Had me some Duck Rabbit Milk Stout this fine evening.

The time-honored practice of flipping through the draft pages of the beer book at the local purveyor-of-craft-and-microbrews and picking the one with the strangest name you haven't already had continues to be a winning strategy. (and if you don't see any strange names, just buy the most expensive one you haven't had)

On the subject of keeping lists, I'm at 175 entries and climbing at age 23. Things level off a lot after you hit about 100 because even big-turnover micro and craft joints don't revolve their selection faster than a truly dedicated man can drink them.

Last edited:
Just finished a bottle of Lowerbrau, which I've never tried before. Its not too bad.

On the subject of keeping lists, I'm at 175 entries and climbing at age 23. Things level off a lot after you hit about 100 because even big-turnover micro and craft joints don't revolve their selection faster than a truly dedicated man can drink them.

You obviously live in the wrong country.....we can't bloody keep up!
I'm at +300 something last time I counted but I don't realy keep that accurate track, I do however keep track off things I want to try in the future and cross em off the list as I try them.....

^so true...new brands of beer pop up every moonrise

latest i know of
20090402_gruut1.jpg

have a few bottles at home, but haven't tried it yet. only heard good things about it though (but i'm based around ghent, so opinions might be a bit biased :D)

PS: naked lady on the glass is a reflection of the placemat ;)

Last edited:
^so true...new brands of beer pop up every moonrise

latest i know of
20090402_gruut1.jpg

have a few bottles at home, but haven't tried it yet. only heard good things about it though (but i'm based around ghent, so opinions might be a bit biased :D)

PS: naked lady on the glass is a reflection of the placemat ;)

A word from the Ghents dialect as beername.....hell I like it already :mrgreen:

Then again I'm also biased....had a thing for a girl over there once.....cutest accent you ever heard :p

^was gonna +rep you for that last comment...but i should spread...

my favourite beer..
sorry belgians, but it's dutch.. :D
1141_latrappe_tripel_750ml.png

but i like chimay blue as well
chimay-bleu.jpg

Last edited:
The expression on this dude's face says it all: La Fin du Monde is terrible.

Really? I love La Fin du Monde. Personally I prefer Trois Pistoles, but I really like all the beers made by Unibroue.

my favourite beer..
sorry belgians, but it's dutch.. :D
1141_latrappe_tripel_750ml.png

I love it when foreigners come out to play :p

Its a trappist beer, witch is a Belgian invention, its brewed by trappist munks, witch is originaly a Belgian order, and the actual monistery its brewed in was founded by a Belgian......they have only as recently as 2005 earned the right to call it a trappist again, and that's only because the quality and brewing process is now controlled and checked by the IVT, witch despite is name is a Belgian organisation, run by Belgians....about the only thing Dutch about is is the location where its made.....
So in the same reasoning a Renault made in Croatia is a Croatian brand car?

thank you come again...... :p

Last edited:
Really? I love La Fin du Monde. Personally I prefer Trois Pistoles, but I really like all the beers made by Unibroue.

:dunno: My friend recommended it. In fact, he recommended Trois Pistoles too but I was already getting too much for one day. Idk, I was not a fan of la fin du monde

:dunno: My friend recommended it. In fact, he recommended Trois Pistoles too but I was already getting too much for one day. Idk, I was not a fan of la fin du monde

Yeah, I guess everyone just has different tastes. I actually have a bottle of Trois Pistoles in the fridge I might pop it open when I get home from work...:beer: