Cop tazers 14 year old girl in head, prongs penetrate skull

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I think the designers of these weapons need a refresher course into what exactly "non-lethal" means...

[YOUTUBE]fizo-sOSE6o[/YOUTUBE]

<_<

Seriously wtf? He used a tazer on a 14 year old girl who hadn't actually committed any crime and got her in the back of the head while she was running away from him? What could possibly be the justification? Too fucking lazy to chase her? Scared of an unarmed 14 year old girl? :-x

It's not the designers of the tazer that are the problem, it's the blatant misuse of the weapon.

On the face of it surely this is absolute proof that tazers are by and large non lethal weapons. To be shot in the head, apparently right through to the brain itself without being killed is quite staggering. Why you would tazer a 14 year old is beyond me and it's even worse that she was tazered in the head. If this is the first reported instance of someone being hit in the head, for all the police officer knew she could have been killed or at least given severed brain damage.

I think the designers of these weapons need a refresher course into what exactly "non-lethal" means...

<_<

she didn't die so it was non-lethal. hardly the point isn't it. I feel that in this situation it was not necessary to taser her. Rather this situation was created by the flux of people who thought that batons too brutal. Im not saying the police officer should have used a baton either just in general. Either way don't run from the police it is never good.

Why you would tazer a 14 year old is beyond me and it's even worse that she was tazered in the head. If this is the first reported instance of someone being hit in the head, for all the police officer knew she could have been killed or at least given severed brain damage.

Don't think he wanted to taser a 14 year old much less in the head. Rather think he aimed at her back and fired hitting her in the rear of her head. He used his taser because he did not want to inappropriately touch a 14 year old girl. Ironic eh!

So let me get this straight.

A fully trained police officer decided not to chase after a 14 year old girl who decided to run away from home but tazer her..uh huh.

^ have you seen COPS in the last 20 years? You think that people would learn from a highly successful TV show don't run from the police.

^ have you seen COPS in the last 20 years? You think that people would learn from a highly successful TV show don't run from the police.

https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2010/01/18/facepalm.jpg

One is filmed with the men and women of law enforcement and one is a fictional drama. Your augment is you should run from the police and see what happens? Putting a cliche and over used photo is not a comment.

How do you not see the irony and stupidity of using a taser rather than using physical force to subdue her?

Cause if used properly, physical force can subdue a suspect without harming them. Tazers, apparently, not. But then again, if the cop had the brain power to use physical force properly, he wouldn't be using a tazer in the first place.

Your augment is you should run from the police and see what happens?
Nobody has said that, don't put words in peoples mouth.
Putting a cliche and over used photo is not a comment.
I don't want to waste my time typing out a response to such an asinine statement.
How do you not see the irony and stupidity of using a taser rather than using physical force to subdue her?
How can you not see that everyone in this thread agrees that it was stupid to use a tazer in this situation. You are the one who keeps implying it was the girls fault for merely running away.

I've seen 24, and yet terrorists don't get caught within the hour.
It's called "24", not "1". :tease:

Excellent; another cop in the "tasers are a pain compliance device" category.

You are the one who keeps implying it was the girls fault for merely running away.

Im not implying it. It was the girls fault. Her action precipitated the action of the police officer. The duty of the officer was to stop her from being a danger to her self in this case. Her legal guardian brought her to the police because of a domestic dispute. The officer told her to stop and warned her of the force to be used. We agree that the officer probably should not have used a taser but the officer had to stop her.

Im not implying it. It was the girls fault. Her action precipitated the action of the police officer.
I agree. The officer definitely pushed the envelope way too far and of course he should not have tased her, especially in the head. However, it is true that if the girl hadn't tried to run away then the officer would have had no reason to tase her at all. That's not really the point though; we're discussing the officer overreacting, not the reason why he had to react in the first place.

Running from the police when told not to is always a very bad idea (but maybe for children we should not hold "grown-ups"- understanding as given) ... but shooting someone posing no threat (and AFAIK the report doesn?t state that the girl would have faced charges or anything - sounds more like the mother saw her as a victim of pedophiles and wanted the police help to help her child) with projectiles that penetrate the skull is an even worse one.

Her action precipitated the action of the police officer..

The topic is the inappropriate use of a tazer and it is not the girls fault how the police officer reacted, which is my point of contention. Her actions may have justified some reaction but certainly did not justify the reaction that took place.

As LeveL and efoolution have said it is wrong to disobey a police officer but that has nothing to do with the topic of discussion that a tazer was recklessly used. Saying that you shouldn't run from police is correct but also irrelevant.

Last edited:
Also this. Isn't it a US federal law now that suspects should pose an immediate threat to the officer before they are allowed to tazer them or am I missing something here?