Unveiled: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

At least it doesn't have a huge tacky wing.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/01/18/Ford_Mustang_Cobra_R.jpg

That said, I still have mad respect the Cobra R.
That wing was functional on a purpose-built car. I don't see a problem with it.

1. Its not him, but the damn bureaucrats running his company.
2. That isn't as bad as Hennessey.
And a Kia isn't as bad as a Geo Metro... I still wouldn't want one :lol:

Yeah this one rubs me the wrong way. Maybe with a less aggressive front bumper it might be ok.

Lose the hideous body kit and change it to side exhausts like the original.

then we'll talk Shelby

Why do so many people assume a Shelby is as costly as it is for the performance? For a long time now the majority of the money you pay for a Shelby has been for that Shelby name, not the performance. It's no secret at all that if you want performance, you buy the standard GT with the options you want, then take your money and mod the car to your taste- you'll end up with a car exactly how you want it and one that cost less and performs better than the Shelby. When I was at a large Mustang show last year, the autocross was interesting because the standard 2009 GTs were only slightly slower around the track than the 2005-8 Shelby models.

If you want a good reason to buy a Shelby now, it's to hold onto it until he dies then sell it at markup with the inevitable price surge. Morbid, but it's going to happen.

The problem is the Shelby name means nothing now because of what he's doing to the reputations of these cars. The GT350 was a homologation car that actually had a purpose, this is just a means of bilking people out of $20k.

*rant on*

nope sorry, does nothing for me. The original was conceived for a purpose, racing. This is just marketing.
It's happening with Holden and Ford here in OZ, re creating old homologated nameplates for a marketing spin but have no real substance behind it.

*rant off*

Too much NFS styling and the original was a stripped down purpose built racer this is more like a purpose built douche mobile.:no:

I was really hoping for a light weight TTv6 track focused car but I think that will be exclusive for the Terlingua brand.hopefully :dunno: