The "New Toys" Thread

All in one.

It's a lot easier to move a large laptop around (e.g. taking it to work and back, brining it on vacation, etc.).

Plus, if you buy an all in one, people will call you an Apple fanboy (if you bought an iMac) or a wannabe Apple fanboy (if you bought an HP/Dell). :p

Nokia N900, loving it so far. Browser especially is something i'm liking alot.
Next thing i'm looking for is Apple tablet. As long as it got flash i'm probally in.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you buy a norwegian phone if they made some good ones over a phone from a different country? :D

^What are you saying?

Of course. The only things that aren't running right now are BT, GPS (geolocation via towers works) and camera.

That no, I wouldn't. Unless it was running Android and performed better than an HTC.

You are saying something there. You can't beat a HTC with android (Since the nexus is made by HTC too) :p

Of course. The only things that aren't running right now are BT, GPS (geolocation via towers works) and camera.

Do you still boot into Android from windows?

Any major bugs? Thist sort of makes me wish I'd kept my HTC Diamond for mucking around with...:(

Yes, but I put a shortcut to haret into startup and disabled TouchFlo in Today, so as soon as the splash screen goes away, it starts booting into Linux.

There are a few bugs left, which are being addressed, of course. Battery life is better than it was a few months ago, but nothing stellar yet, maybe a good 12 hours out of one charge, nothing like 3 days you'd get in Windows. And for now the wake up procedure takes quite a few seconds, which is most annoying when you get an incoming call and you have to let it ring before the screen turns on to show you who's calling. Other than that and the missing features I've stated before, it's pretty much top notch.

Next thing i'm looking for is Apple tablet. As long as it got flash i'm probally in.

Im in if it dosent come with services that has no use to anyone other than Americans (Subscriptions, Netflix ect)

... Also under ?700

What is it about Finnish people buying Nokia's?
Made in Finland sticker makes wonders :D Thought when it comes to smartphones Nokia surely isn't the far number one like it used to be even in here.

Anyways got myself Zune HD to replace my ipod touch 1G.

Yeah. For a long time our mobile needs were filled by Nokia and Sonera (operator), because they both were finnish. Now Sonera is owned by the swedes and people are realizing that Nokia is not necessarily the best phone out there.

Yeah. For a long time our mobile needs were filled by Nokia and Sonera (operator), because they both were finnish. Now Sonera is owned by the swedes and people are realizing that Nokia is not necessarily the best phone out there.
That's why i'm using the bigger all finnish Elisa ;D

Well, since my sister's laptop has been pronounced dead, I'm building a new machine. She needed a cheap TV monitor so I sold her my19" Samsung for ?50. It was win-win, because I got to upgrade to this:

samsung_syncmaster_p2470hd_lcd-210909.jpg

I'm not knocking the old monitor but the picture quality of this is stunning. Using the built in DTV tuner you could be forgiven for thinking it was HD quality. It's also great to have 1080p so my Xbox looks stunning too. So much so I went through all of my old videos I've downloaded on XBL. Currently TF2 'The Engineer' is my favourite.

Anyway, the PC parts are at home waiting for me.

Asus TA-K51 case
Asus P5G41-M LE MicroATX Skt-775 Motherboard
Core 2 duo E7500
2GB Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400 RAM
320GB WD Caviar Blue HDD
Bog standard 400W PSU
DVD-RW drive
Belkin Bluetooth dongle for...
Logitech Media Board Pro - bluetooth with integrated touch pad

The reason for that keyboard is she's used to a laptop now and likes the touch pad, and it's not practical for her to use a mouse where the machine will be.

It's not meant to be a rocketship, I just want to give her something solid and up-to-date with enough power to get the job done. At ?350 for all that you can't get an equivalent laptop to the one she had. I'll be building it tonight, will get some photos.