Random Thoughts....

I feel like splashing around like a little kid. :D

If all our puddles weren't frozen over, I'd gleefully stomp in one for you. As it is, if I tried to stomp one, a shard of ice would probably stab me in the eyeball and blind me for life. Stupid incoming arctic air mass.

And for my own random thoughts of the hour:

1. I would like to mention that I win at surrounding myself with excellent people. Even my casual friends are warm, encouraging, devastatingly funny people. And most of my friends are hot, to boot. Dunno what I did to deserve it, but yay. Maybe it's payment for all my shy, bullied years.

2. No matter what kind of mood I'm in--happy, grumpy, other--there are two songs that take me to a mellow place and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Elvis Costello, "Allison" and "Veronica." They're like aural Xanax. Heavenly. Leonard Cohen's "Sisters of Mercy" and Tom Waits' "Come On Up to the House" are even betterworse, like an aural Xanax overdose or something.

The overall gushy nature of this post brought to you by "Allison." Stupid song, making me all maudlin and silly.

Hmm, seems I'm being invited back to HK to sit an initial screening test for Dragonair's cadet pilot program....

Its all a bit sudden really, and if I do go it'll be another substantial amount of money gone to pay for an airline ticket. Not to mention the test date is perilously close to the beginning of university semester.

But then, on the other hand, I'd kill to become an airline pilot.

My head is in a slight mess right now.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero ? "Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future"

Note to companies in the US who have websites but no way to order on-line: I have no problem paying $20 for S&H to get the same part from a company in the UK who has their shit together.

You make an interesting point, to extend it a bit - capital flows to the lowest cost provider of labour all other things being equal - but a consumer who tries to take advantage of the low price of the goods in the market/economy that is benefiting from the jobs so exported can not purchase goods from that market/economy due to Business (Classic example DVD region encoding) and Government (importation taxes) restrictions.

Interesting that - makes tariff and non tariff trade barriers worth looking at as well as manipulated exchange rates. Countries with huge trade surpluses should have their currencies coming up in value and countries with huge deficits (UK - prime example) should have theirs falling. This just does not seem to happen, something very odd and probably shameful/illegal is going on somewhere.

Last edited:
Ha I just checked. Apparently it was cheaper. $237 w/o S&H from US shop, $240 with S&H from UK.

They buy in low numbers and pass the shipping cost to you.

And for my own random thoughts of the hour:

1. I would like to mention that I win at surrounding myself with excellent people. Even my casual friends are warm, encouraging, devastatingly funny people. Maybe it's payment for all my shy, bullied years.

I know, I'm in the same oh so great situation. It is payment for all the Shy, crappy, clumsy, tortured years.

On the line of random thoughts.

1.CAAAAAAAAAAT.

2.How come when you have craploads of cake you get tired of it, and immediately start craving it when you don't have any.

3.I also miss christmas nacatamales

4.If my algorithms were cars, they would be simple, straight to the point but with confusing and unreliable wiring on them

You make an interesting point, to extend it a bit - capital flows to the lowest cost provider of labour all other things being equal - but a consumer who tries to take advantage of the low price of the goods in the market/economy that is benefiting from the jobs so exported can not purchase goods from that market/economy due to Business (Classic example DVD region encoding) and Government (importation taxes) restrictions.

Interesting that - makes tariff and non tariff trade barriers worth looking at as well as manipulated exchange rates. Countries with huge trade surpluses should have their currencies coming up in value and countries with huge deficits (UK - prime example) should have theirs falling. This just does not seem to happen, something very odd and probably shameful/illegal is going on somewhere.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2010/01/28/intfin.jpg

:wave:, I wish.

How come my sigpic is resized even though I set both boxes to 0?

No idea. Don't have one, can't even see sigs and avvies ATM due to bandwidth limitations. There is a size restriction, so you might have exceeded it....Have you had a look at the FAQ? Or someone else around here might know.

Oh, and there's an introduce yourself thread which you might like to do too.

You know what he does and why he does it :D

No idea. Don't have one, can't even see sigs and avvies ATM due to bandwidth limitations. There is a size restriction, so you might have exceeded it....Have you had a look at the FAQ? Or someone else around here might know.

Oh, and there's an introduce yourself thread which you might like to do too.

Probably a size restriction, yeah. I've resized it now anyway. As for the intro, I'm Clark, a 28 year old Irish foot fetishist.

Good, they may not have noticed or remembered that you are in Oz.
Possibly, someone in HR/Recruiting sent out a batch of 100 test invitations and slipped up with you.
Either that or they are a bunch of cheapskates. :p

Your plan B sounds like a good idea, Cathy office in Melbourne or Sydney. :cool:

My Plan B has failed.

I've managed to get a ticket now, but the new problem is that, according to the Manager, they were hoping to do the aptitutde tests in March-April for shortlisted candidates, then interviews in May.

As much as I'd like to, flying back and forth between HK and Australia is 1) Ruinously expensive and 2) Time consuming, especially during Final year studies with final year projects and what not.

I'm now even more unsure about what to do. I was told earlier that I should apply this year for a start in flight training next year, and am not too keen on sacrificing my degree since I am so close to finishing it....

Last edited: