2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Don't start anything.

I am reffering to his ever present ''wisdom'' of being a former team boss, hence he is THE man on F1 topics. I wasn't making fun of him because he tore down Schumi.

Well now that he HAS started something, (not that I disagree with him the slightest bit :p), I was meaning to ask, what are you gonna do with that sig you have there...it's not right is it? :p

Ofc it is. From a historic point of view.

Eddie Jordan is a moron who provides some comical relief through his ridiculous comments. But I do agree that Schuey has got it tough this year with so many competitive teams.

But being a 7-time champion that he is, I do expect some good results this year.

Last edited:
Eddie is an idiot, is there honestly anybody here who would think MS's rep would be down at all if he has a not great year? Thats like saying people dont think Michael Jorden is as good a basketball player for those questionable years in Washington. All people might do is describe the year as that, a questionable year for one of the the if not the greatest driver of all time. And not only that, when you look at my comparison, I think MS has a far better chance at success then other athletes in a similar situation.

I think Eddie has a point there. There will be no NBA all-star line-up ever that would not, after or before praising "Air" Jordan, mention his unsucessful comeback, while, otherwise, there would be only praise. Was it worth that, Air? I don't think so.

I think Eddie has a point there. There will be no NBA all-star line-up ever that would not, after or before praising "Air" Jordan, mention his unsucessful comeback, while, otherwise, there would be only praise. Was it worth that, Air? I don't think so.

People talk about MJ all the time, especially lately with this whole Lebron changing his number to respect Jordan thing, and I actually haven't heard the Wizards experience brought up at all in these discussions, which primarily focus on a league wide retirement of Jordans jersey number. It may not have been a great choice, but it far from tarnished his reputation and it does not become a factor in determining his place as one of the greatest of all time.

In something completely unrelated, is there any news as to how far along the track in Korea is? It would suck if the race got called because its not far enough along and with the economy being so bad and memories of the Donnington fiasco I cant see the FIA being to lenient with them.

Last edited:
In something completely unrelated, is there any news as to how far along the track in Korea is? It would suck if the race got called because its not far enough along and with the economy being so bad and memories of the Donnington fiasco I cant see the FIA being to lenient with them.

~10 days ago, they reported its progress as on schedule.
"The racing track itself is at 70 per cent completion rate and the main grandstand currently stands at 80 per cent."

I wouldn't expect Korea to have an issue keeping with a schedule.

What's the saying?
Oh yeah, "Pride cometh before the fall."
I'm watching intently for karma striking.

Schuey to Jake Humphrey:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jakehumphrey/2010/03/hanging_out_with_two_world_cha.html

Big words. I'd love to see him eat his own words and get consistently beaten during 2010.

What's the saying?
Oh yeah, "Pride cometh before the fall."
I'm watching intently for karma striking.

This is exactely why i hate his guts. This words will come back to haunt him. I think Alonso, Hamilton, Jenson and maybe Vettel and Webber are in Schumacher's league, if not above him, talent-wise...

Oh really. Then I suppose you people will also hate Mark Webber from now on:

Mark Webber is not a man to mince his words. In the past few weeks he has labelled the sport which has made him rich and famous "embarrassing", and called the decision to allow untested debutants, Hispania Racing, on to the 2010 grid as "Mickey Mouse", adding that it would have made more sense to field MotoGP star Valentino Rossi in Bahrain this Sunday on his motorbike.

So when Red Bull's Australian driver, the "dark horse" for this year's championship according to his team principal Christian Horner, tells you he does not consider F1's emerging brat pack to be "real men" in the way that their predecessors were, it does not cause the same shockwaves as if, say, Jenson Button had said it.

"The cars are easier to drive," he explains. "You don't look at these guys and think 'they are real men'. They are talented, no question, but there is less in common.

"There is power steering now; a lot of things that make the cars easier to drive. That's why these youngsters can get away with it. I came through the categories with gear sticks and what have you. And that was beneficial for me. But there is no point whingeing about it. They come along and do a good job for the most part. Some don't.

"But every now and again ? whether it's a Lewis [Hamilton] or a Seb [Vettel] ? they can, with phenomenal grooming, come in and do a good job."

A lot of people would read those comments and think "arrogant" but that is not Webber's intention. He is just trying to give an honest appraisal of an issue that vexes him; that of youngsters turning up in Formula One unprepared for its demands.

In fact, in an effort to redress the balance, Webber has set up a team in the new GP3 feeder series this season with Horner, which he intends to use as a vehicle to prepare young talent properly.

"I want them to learn from what I learnt along the way," he says. "Teaching them that when they get that meeting with [McLaren team principal] Martin Whitmarsh, they haven't made it, because he has had every ------ in there.

"I won't hold their hand. For me, if someone is holding a silver spoon for you the whole way through, when you get to the top someone like Fernando [Alonso] will rip you to smithereens. You have to have been in the back alleys."

As someone who was managed by Flavio Briatore until the Italian's recent ban, a cynic might suggest Webber would be well schooled in the dark arts, but he defends his former manager.

"You know, we have some stale individuals in this paddock," he says. "Flavio was a character, flamboyant. You need those types in every sport. The Jose Mourinhos of this world."

In any case, Webber intends to bring all of his street-fighting expertise to bear this season. Written off as a talented, but ultimately doomed driver after stints at Minardi, Jaguar and Williams, he finally found himself in a winning car last year.

And despite driving the season with metal pins in his leg as a result of a horrific mountain-bike accident, he went a long way to proving his doubters wrong, picking up his first ever victory ? at the 130th attempt ? in Germany, before repeating the trick in Brazil. He ended the year in fourth place in the drivers' championship. It was a huge confidence boost.

Now he believes he can become the first Australian since Alan Jones in 1980 to lift the title, although not many would agree with him.

"It is all motivation for me," he shrugs. "I'll do my talking on the track." But before he goes he cannot resist having a typically forthright say on the comeback of Michael Schumacher. "I think it will be a bloody hard season for him," he says. "I think he'll go all right but I have never, ever seen a phenomenal comeback. When has the second career ever been better than the first?"

Once again the honesty hits you. Formula One will miss Webber when he has gone.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...rivers-are-not-real-men-says-Mark-Webber.html

He is saying the exact same thing as Schumacher, but seeing how everybody here worships Webber (yes, I am a fan also), you just think "Well crikey, Webber is a real man, he can say this stuff, Schuey is just an arrogant bastard"

The same deal with Stefan GP. I for one love the guys behind the team. They have the resources and they clearly have the will and they have basically said a big fuck you to Bernie, which I can only applaude. The same story here with Webber and Schumacher; I happen to agree with both of them and I would love for Schuey (and Webber) to spank the shit out of the young lot, just because everyone says he can't do it and he is full of himself.

For fucks sake people !! The one time you find characters, people who shoot from the hip, you go and demonise them. What for ? I am especially disappointed in the attitude this section of the forums has towards Stefan GP: I would've welcomed them with open arms - USF1 was a miserable disaster and Hispaniawhatevertheirname is isn't exactly encouraging. Revealing their car a WEEK before the first Grand Prix. Really ?? They have literally yet to turn the wheel and they expect to beat Lotus ? Come on...Whereas Stefan GP came in with a huge noise, claiming this and that, just like every other new team. The difference is, that they clearly have what it takes to at least make it to the grid, they want it, badly. And what does the FIA do ? Tell them to piss off, because they are not quiet and politically correct people.

I....I just....fuck you FIA with your rules of behaviour and "proper conduct". Look, this sport needs characters, show and talking points. This sport needs people like Webber, Briatore, Schumacher and Stefan GP. People who are not afraid to ruffle up some feathers, people who stir things up and most important of all, people who raise interest. It's a fucking disgrace to have banned Stefan GP from coming in, just because they have an ego to match Bernie's and the FIA's.

And going back to the interview with Webber: the man has a point. Does this also make him a self indulgent weener, who claims to be the next incarnation of God ? Fuck no. You guys just hate Schumacher, because he is ruthless. Absolutely no compromises, going for first blood, total driving machine. He wants to....no, NEEDS to win and he shows it in everything he does. You lot should appreciate this sort of attitude. Everyone else in the grid usually keeps bitching and whining "Oh the tires won't work"..."I got stuck in traffic"...."I don't get equal treatment as my teammate".

Shut the hell up and drive the god damn cars. Be like Mark and Michael. Be real men.

Last edited:
Brother Michael speaks the truth!!
:+1:

Last edited:
Schumacher is just trying to impart dominance. If you dominate your competitors mentally, you'll have a huge advantage because driving a racing car is very mental. Saying they're nothing special is crude, but if true is no less effective. None of us have driven the cars, so what the hell do we know about it?

I have no doubts that he's a better driver now. Riding bikes does wonderful things to your balance, and would most certainly alter your perception of grip with only having 2 wheels.

So well said... just because of the Schumacher last name, flaming occures. Let there be some flamboyance, action, teasing, not just pre written PR speak, that drivers mumble out every time they are presented to a reporter.