HDR pics here

I'd have to agree about the lack of subject. That's actually something I've been working on lately. I had a few pics where people or animals walked into the shot and I thought it was ruined, but it actually turned out better than the bland landscape itself. And then I was like "oh yeah! photo 101 class... subject matter... "

"alkusoittow" comes from the Finnish power metal band "Sonata Arctica" where "sonata" is actually "alkusoittow" in Finnish. I've seen it spelled "alkusoitto" as well... Anyway, I just wanted a username that I could use everywhere, and one that is practically guaranteed to never have been taken, that way I don't have to use "matt1983~xxx~lol~omg~wtf~stfu" and some variation...

I'm surprised there's only two HDR that's been B/W'd. Great process for landscapes.

Ok, here's my B&W HDR...

Getty Center
sideview2crop-re.jpg

well i was just wondering your name because im finnish and to be precise alkusoitto=prelude.

well i was just wondering your name because im finnish and to be precise alkusoitto=prelude.

oh lol well that's even better cuz I drive a prelude. And yeah, awesome of me to explain the meaning of the word to the guy with "Location: Finland" right under his avatar.... *facepalm*

Ever heard of Sonata Arctica?

snipemronkey117: you should get out and take some pics elsewhere. I mean, dont get me wrong, your backyard is amazing photography subject matter ;) but I think you'd be happier with something else. You obviously know how to combine images and change lighting, so why not?

You know, you may not need to go far. A little camera perspective can make the most common places seem exotic. It's all about how you frame it. Maybe try a little macro/zoom action? I bet you dont even need to leave your backyard.

So how popular are they there? I saw Nightwish in concert when they came to Denver, Colorado. Amazing show.
Everybody below 50 in Scandinavia knows about Nightwish, I believe. Also, Anette was born 20km's from my home.:)

Nice pics, mate.

By and far, my favorite is the 1st of those 3. The other 2 have merit, dont get me wrong, but that 1st one really captures that natural beauty that I look for in landscapes. Totally worth blowing up and mounting!

The other 2 are interesting, but they lack a certain tranquility that the 1st exhibits. It might even be the fact that the foreground is more pronounced...

Way to go, though! Great pictures!