Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Being "established" has generally worked against many European religions organizations. Religion succeeded in the United States because no one sect was placed above another and thus there was strong competition for practitioners.

Spraying "In God we trust" all over your bank notes is a bit 'over the top' to us - but hey different strokes of course.

We were probably fed up with all the stupid wars I suppose.

The whole religion=war concept is less applicable than one would think. If you actually look at many of the wars that are said to be instigated by religion one usually finds some underlying non religious cause for the conflict.

Last edited:
Someone explain to me why we are counting illegal immigrants in the Census? The census is primarily to determine voting districts and House seats. Illegals can't vote, so why do they count in districting but Military service men and women serving overseas don't get counted?

Someone explain that to me.

One funny thing I found - in the US non established church but try being President without being a church goer. Here C of E is established (I bet 99% of Brits do not even understand what that means) but woe betide any politician who even mentions religion.
That's a funny banana, a state church leads to athemism and secularity, no state church leads to religiousnes and a more religious government. Ironicly.

Someone explain to me why we are counting illegal immigrants in the Census? The census is primarily to determine voting districts and House seats. Illegals can't vote, so why do they count in districting but Military service men and women serving overseas don't get counted?

Someone explain that to me.
Cause every free man is to be counted, while every slave is counted as 1/3 person, if I recall correctly?

^ That was changed by the 13th Amendment.

Sorry, I'm just pissed that during this joke of a Census no one who staffs any of our 860+ overseas military bases in 150 countries are going to count for voting districting but we are spending money to have actors on Mexican soap operas tell illegal immigrants to fill it out.

Fuck, I'm starting to sound like a damned Teabagger. I wonder what would happen to California's seats if you discounted all the illegal aliens from their population when determining House seats?

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]t5CeszhEsOk[/YOUTUBE]

Poll: Half of Israeli high schoolers oppose equal rights for Arabs

Last update - 15:19 11/03/2010
By Or Kashti

Nearly half of Israel's high school students do not believe that Israeli-Arabs are entitled to the same rights as Jews in Israel, according to the results of a new survey released yesterday. The same poll revealed that more than half the students would deny Arabs the right to be elected to the Knesset.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1155627.html

^ That was changed by the 13th Amendment.

Sorry, I'm just pissed that during this joke of a Census no one who staffs any of our 860+ overseas military bases in 150 countries are going to count for voting districting but we are spending money to have actors on Mexican soap operas tell illegal immigrants to fill it out.

Fuck, I'm starting to sound like a damned Teabagger. I wonder what would happen to California's seats if you discounted all the illegal aliens from their population when determining House seats?

The live here, they work here, they love this country (usually), many pay taxes, whats the problem again?If you're pissed about voting, rally for amnesty, problem solved. Then, go get your lawn landscaped for next to nothing. Welcome to America my friend

The whole religion=war concept is less applicable than one would think. If you actually look at many of the wars that are said to be instigated by religion one usually finds some underlying non religious cause for the conflict.

You're right. Most of the war are fought over things other thatn religion itself, but religion is the most effective deceptive veil that you can use; you wouldn't make a people go to war by just saying "we want to get rid of those people so we can grow wealthier and do what we please", you would just seem so violent and inhuman and crazy. But since religions are so full of mindless fanatics, the only thing you need to do is mildly modify that sentence into "we want to get rid of tose people because they are blasphemous and sinners in the eye of god" and there you go, the massacre can start. And it's not only about killing one another in a war, but also about making laws and money. Put a little bit of god in that and you can get whatever you want. Sadly.

What was Napoleon saying about it? "A man would'nt have himself killed for a half-pence a day or a petty distinction, you must speak to his soul to electrify him." That's it; what better boost than god's will (even if you had just made god up yourself)?

The live here, they work here, they love this country (usually), many pay taxes, whats the problem again?If you're pissed about voting, rally for amnesty, problem solved. Then, go get your lawn landscaped for next to nothing. Welcome to America my friend

No.

Go back home, get in the back of the line and enter our country legally. I have no problem with legal immigration, but I do have a problem offering amnesty or citizenship to those who flagrantly broke the laws of this nation to get here. If you want to be a US Citizen so badly then do it the right way.

Of all the people I've talked to there is one group that is more opposed to illegal immigration than any other: Legal immigrants.

Along with illegal immigration comes other crime, the worst of which is identity theft. With the half-assed checks on social security numbers, all they do is get a real SSN and fake an ID to match that name. When they run a check it comes up with the proper name, but it really belongs to another person. As soon as you do that you are using another person's credit rating and identity. When I was in California someone was using my phone number to open service accounts for everything from satellite radio to cable TV. When they decided to not pay the bill, guess who got the harassing phone calls?

No sir, I don't think I will rally for amnesty. Many of these people are not violent criminals, but they are criminals - their presence in this country is proof of that. If you want to get to the land of milk and honey* then do it right and go through the process.

*- Not so much these days

Last edited:
No.

Go back home, get in the back of the line and enter our country legally. I have no problem with legal immigration, but I do have a problem offering amnesty or citizenship to those who flagrantly broke the laws of this nation to get here. If you want to be a US Citizen so badly then do it the right way.

Of all the people I've talked to there is one group that is more opposed to illegal immigration than any other: Legal immigrants.

Along with illegal immigration comes other crime, the worst of which is identity theft. With the half-assed checks on social security numbers, all they do is get a real SSN and fake an ID to match that name. When they run a check it comes up with the proper name, but it really belongs to another person. As soon as you do that you are using another person's credit rating and identity. When I was in California someone was using my phone number to open service accounts for everything from satellite radio to cable TV. When they decided to not pay the bill, guess who got the harassing phone calls?

No sir, I don't think I will rally for amnesty. Many of these people are not violent criminals, but they are criminals - their presence in this country is proof of that. If you want to get to the land of milk and honey* then do it right and go through the process.

*- Not so much these days
There is no legal way, I for instance, could become a US citizen, there is no queue I can join, not even allowed in the lottery. :(

(What was that you said - "thank God for that" was it?) :lol:

Last edited:
Someone explain to me why we are counting illegal immigrants in the Census? The census is primarily to determine voting districts and House seats. Illegals can't vote..

They do here. Sometimes several times on election day.

What irks me is that it is far easier to be an illegal than it is to be a legal immigrant here. A person at my work who spent several years and finally became a US citizen is plenty ticked that he did the right thing, yet countless others do it the illegal way and and benefit more, politically.

Hey, if was from Mexico, had some indigenous blood in me, thus making me a second class citizen, you can bet I would be heading North to a country that doesn't have a caste system.

Someone explain to me why we are counting illegal immigrants in the Census?
If you were here illegally, would you seriously fill that out? I'm sure some people will, but I know I wouldn't.

but we are spending money to have actors on Mexican soap operas tell illegal immigrants to fill it out.
... because illegal immigrants are the only ones who watch Univision? :p

In my opinion amnesty is the only option. All the illegals aren't going to go home and "get in line". Not going to happen. To say that's completely unrealistic would be putting it kindly.

[YOUTUBE]t5CeszhEsOk[/YOUTUBE]
He can go choke on his own vitriol. The Republicans have been doing this same shit for decades and all of a sudden (now that it's the democrats instead) it's a big deal. To quote Duke Nukem, "Blow it out your ass." :p

Last edited:
He can go choke on his own vitriol. The Republicans have been doing this same shit for decades and all of a sudden (now that it's the democrats instead) it's a big deal. To quote Duke Nukem, "Blow it out your ass."

I am assuming that is the reason he is angry. He was expecting the Democrats to "change".