Welcome to vBulletin 4! Leave all vB4 feedback/bugs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I missed the answer already, but will the navigation beneath the last post be coming back?

this is the "sprout your requests"-thread right? :D

will the link for "today's posts" be comming back? i used it quite a lot...

1024 x 600 on my netbook, which I often use for the forum :p

Not to mention my cell phone, which is a lot smaller but with all the zooming and scrolling I don't know how big it actually renders the page.

When quoting multiple posts for a reply it won't reset the selection. If you come back to the thread later and try to hit "Reply with Quote" you quote that post and all the posts you checked for "quote multiple" on your previous visit.

Will we get the auto-updating threads back?

I've discovered why the new theme feels so cluttered to me--it's all the little boxes! In particular, it's the boxes around the links to each page on threads. Is there any way to get rid of them? They look super messy on long threads and it's hard to tell when I've clicked on one because they stay the same grey after I've clicked on them.

Also, embedded YouTube videos just show up as blue "script we can't see" boxes on when I view the site on my iPhone (via Safari). YT vids have never shown up there for me, but the boxes around them used to. Then I could click the box's "YouTube Video" text link if I really wanted to watch something on my phone.

I love the new red theme, though. Can it be the default instead of the plain black?

I bet its already been said, but my 2c.

The white background is super white!! A different color set which increases contrast would be great.
Those Huge icons for the threads is... huge..
I agree with others that overall it just seems clutter, really can't put my finger on it.

When I try to reply to threads like I used to, I just get sent to the quick reply - So i'm unable to do multiple quotes.

The white background is super white!! A different color set which increases contrast would be great.

Scroll to the bottom, look for a selectable box in the lower left corner that says "---FinalGear VB4" Select ---FinalGear VB4 - Red. It is a tremendous difference.

I've discovered why the new theme feels so cluttered to me--it's all the little boxes! In particular, it's the boxes around the links to each page on threads. Is there any way to get rid of them? They look super messy on long threads and it's hard to tell when I've clicked on one because they stay the same grey after I've clicked on them.

The boxes were there in the old theme too.

The boxes were there in the old theme too.

I had to give this quite a thought but i think she means the boxes around the page numbers in the forum overviews, which, as i recall, are a new addition.

anyone else for who "&" shows as "&"?

or is it my firefox acting up?

anyone else for who "&" shows as "&"?

or is it my firefox acting up?
Such a problem would be something to do with encoding (UTF-8 etc.) and it's entirely possible that older posts may have been encoded in a different format to the ones made after the introduction of the new version of vB. Personally, the '&' in your post shows up just fine.

I'm on Firefox 3.whateverthelatestversionisbutnotquitethelatestbecauseimlazy.

Last edited:
I really want the "Find All Posts" search working! I can't keep track of the threads I posted (Which isn't many but I like to keep track after I made a post on them! :p)

Such a problem would be something to do with encoding (UTF-8 etc.) and it's entirely possible that older posts may have been encoded in a different format to the ones made after the introduction of the new version of vB. Personally, the '&' in your post shows up just fine.

I'm on Firefox 3.whateverthelatestversionisbutnotquitethelatestbecauseimlazy.

that one showed fine for me as well, it's in the thread titles and under iSpy it's showing wrong...

Those Huge icons for the threads is... huge..
I agree with others that overall it just seems clutter, really can't put my finger on it.

When I try to reply to threads like I used to, I just get sent to the quick reply - So i'm unable to do multiple quotes.

The rightmost button right next to 'Reply With Quote' is the multi-quote button.

I really want the "Find All Posts" search working! I can't keep track of the threads I posted (Which isn't many but I like to keep track after I made a post on them! :p)

YES! I asked about this before but didn't get any answers. Come on Viper/Quicky! :(

I hate not keeping track of my recent posts.

When editing an existing post, the edit box appears much smaller than the space allotted to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.