Just Cause 2

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
This game looks awesome!

If I had my PS3 and TV here in Pittsburgh, I'd probably already would have canceled my GT5 pre-order and got this.

The game is hilarious :lol: Just don't try to take anything seriously. And don't be put off by Just Cause 1, this is a huge improvement.

this game has so much win.

d/loaded the demo the other day for my PS3 (there's a demo available on the Xbox 360 as well). I enjoyed the first game a lot and this game looks like a vast improvement over the original. Definately one to be keeping a eye for.

I tried the demo. What I got from it is that this is like Red Faction: Guerilla's mentally retarded cousin. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Stupid destruction and stuff for no reason other than to cause chaos: retarded, but sounds fun enough.

Mine should get here Friday. I was gobsmacked by the demo. It's just so... fun. And gorgeous.

Yeah, this game would have gone straight under my radar if not for the demo (the first had some good ideas but gameplay was awful). Well played, Square.

Also, wtf, SQUARE??? That's a bit out of character.

Meh, I didn't much care for the demo. I was attracted by the huge space, but the driving dynamics suck ass and the voice acting (especially that "leader" woman in the first cutscene) were just awful.

Driving is better than in the first, FWIW (not much).

And yes, the voice acting is god-awful. I can't even find the words to describe how bad it is.

I've made up my mind. If there's no definite news about GT5 from PD themselves by May 10 (weekend I'm coming home from college for summer), I'm canceling my GT5 pre-order and getting this. The game sounds way too insanely awesome.
And no, I don't want to hear Sony blabber on about GT5, I've heard enough from them.

That review is dead-on. I've been largely ignoring the missions, or rather, getting massively sidetracked while traveling between them.

drive this high-value person a very long distance in a very large car that controls like a bag of buttholes and apparently has a Flip Into Ravine pedal right next to the gas.

:rofl:

Been playing this for a while now and I find my self running around instead of doing missions! :D I have a played a bit on Just Cause 1 (When I heard a Just Cause 2 I wanted to know what 1 was) and to me it sort of feels like Just Cause 1 + pretty graphics. Which isn't bad but the problem was that the terrain looks pretty much the same to me. (Although I haven't done any missions further when we get free roaming) :p

lol :lol:

I need to find myself some gas canisters!!

Here is a nice video explaining that its not realistic and the many other ways that you haven't thought to kill other people. :p

Last edited:
Terrain is actually pretty varied, you just have to travel. A lot. My next mission is 13 km away, as the crow flies :lol:

But there's desert and snowy mountains and jungle and a city....

This game is just pure awesome. Though some of the races are a pain. Would be nice to have some kind of stunt challenge or something, but I'm only a couple hours in so who knows.

Anyone seen the Mile High Club yet? Found it totally by accident.

A friend of mine was going to pick this up and recommended it to me, I would honestly buy it too if it had multiplayer.

EDIT: Scratch that, saw a video on the site, I'm going to buy this.

Don't get it for PC. Honestly, the only way this game functions is for a console. Too cumbersome on a keyboard + mouse, plus the controls just suck.

Don't get it for PC. Honestly, the only way this game functions is for a console. Too cumbersome on a keyboard + mouse, plus the controls just suck.

Controls ok on PC for me, and Xbox 360 controller is plug + play :dunno:

I just found the Mile High Club too, then I come on here and see I was beaten to it :lol: