MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

I thought Fred McGriff had to die before he was reincarnated as Jason Heyward...

Great job, umps. Who needs video replays or strike zones? The human element rocks!
Awesome throw, Lee. Just the time to forget how to play defense.
Wicked hitting, Soriano. That last hit almost dribbled out of the infield.
Super managing, Lou. Why leave an effective pitcher in for more than 2 innings? Change is good.
Nice job at the plate, Geo. Without all that weight, you won't become as fatigued when striking out.
Awesome changeup, Shark. Thrilled to see you working on your 3rd pitch on opening day.

This picture is weird...it makes Wandy Rodriguez look like a little person... or a midget if you will.

fantasy_g_wrodriguez1_412.jpg

Dear god, how did NOBODY on my fantasy team today hit a home run??? It's all down to Mauer and Lopez tonight.

*EDIT*

And now mlb.com is broken. Can't even watch the highlights of today's games.

Last edited:
A pretty poor hitting day for me; I'll be content if I stay .267 at the end of the day.

EDIT: And sure enough, I didn't. I lost 5 points just with the two 10:05 games. :|

Last edited:
Are these numbers (the red and green) reflecting the change from the previous day?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-&#4.png
    Screen shot 2010-&#4.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 59
Got a question regarding the ESPN pools. I have Jose Lopez on my team, who according to ESPN, is considered 2B/SS (he was 2B last year). This year however, the Mariners got Chone Figgins, and it seems that Lopez will be their new full time 3B. If he plays enough games at 3B to become 3B eligible in the pools, will he lose his 2B eligibility?

Got a question regarding the ESPN pools. I have Jose Lopez on my team, who according to ESPN, is considered 2B/SS (he was 2B last year). This year however, the Mariners got Chone Figgins, and it seems that Lopez will be their new full time 3B. If he plays enough games at 3B to become 3B eligible in the pools, will he lose his 2B eligibility?
As long as a player played a set amount of games at a position the previous year (something low like 15 or 20), he will keep that eligibility for the following season. Lopez will gain 3B eligibility after playing 10 games at 3rd this year and become eligible at both 2B & 3B. :)

As long as a player played a set amount of games at a position the previous year (something low like 15 or 20), he will keep that eligibility for the following season. Lopez will gain 3B eligibility after playing 10 games at 3rd this year and become eligible at both 2B & 3B. :)

Sweet thanks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/newyork/mlb/news/story?id=5060292

BOSTON -- New York Yankees president Randy Levine fired an executive-level brushback pitch at Milwaukee Brewers owner Mark Attanasio.

Levine's message: Stop whining.

Levine believes Attanasio should stop publicly lamenting the Brewers' troubles in signing first baseman Prince Fielder while pointing out how much the Yankees spend on salaries.

"I'm sorry that my friend Mark continues to whine about his running the Brewers," Levine told ESPNNewYork.com in a phone interview Tuesday morning. "We play by all the rules and there doesn't seem to be any complaints when teams such as the Brewers receive hundreds of millions of dollars that they get from us in revenue sharing the last few years. Take some of that money that you get from us and use that to sign your players.

"The question that should be asked is: Where has the hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue sharing gone?"

The Yankees' payroll is expected to be about $200 million this year; the Brewers' will be in the $80 million range.

Levine made his comments in reaction to an Attanasio quote in a USA Today story about the average salaries of this year's players. Attanasio -- as he has done before -- made sure to mention the discrepancy in how much the Yankees spend on players in comparison to other teams.

"We're struggling to sign [Fielder] and the Yankees infield is making more than our team," Attanasio told the paper.

The Yankees infield will make $85.225 million this year. Third baseman Alex Rodriguez will make $33 million, which is slightly less than the Pirates' entire payroll of nearly $35 million.

Derek Jeter, who is a free agent at the end of the season, will take in $22.6 million. Mark Teixeira is scheduled to earn $20.625 million.

Robinson Cano, meanwhile, must survive on a measly $9 million.

Fielder, who is represented by Scott Boras, is a free agent at the end of the 2011 season. Boras' clients usually wait until free agency before signing, but the two sides are reportedly in negotiations.

In the initial seven years of the luxury tax, the Yankees have paid teams nearly $175 million in revenue sharing, according to the BizofBaseball.com. That is 92 percent of the total revenue sharing that has been doled out.
:clap:

In other words: "If you don't wanna sign him, we'll be more than happy to."

I now hate "Baseball Tonight", because I really hate Aaron Boone.

Thought I'd jump in here with a gentle prod from Koenig.

Are there any other Braves fans, or am I the first?

My God, what an epic day Monday. I heard the Heyward call on the radio in my shed and about tore my finger off trying to get back in the house to see a replay. For the first time since I think 2004, I actually have hope for the season. May not have to hang an effigy of Frank Wren until at least September.

Shoulda come sooner. We had set up a fantasy league and everything and could've used another person.

Dempster was lights out tonight and we find a way to blow it; same old, same old. I have a feeling this is going to be another long, infuriating season.

Dempster's pitching is pretty much the only reason I'm in the top half at all today. Absolutely beautiful.

Also, ouch Koenig. :comfort:

WTF how did I go 4/32 tonight. God....I know it's only the 3rd day of the season, but damn, my team is sucking balls.

*EDIT*

Goddamn Vernon Wells is mashing. 2 hrs and 3 rbis tonight. You definitely look like a genius for taking him Clock.

Only to look like a dummy for benching him tonight.

Last edited: