Gran Turismo 5

By the way, March 31st was the original (and only) release date set by Polyphony Digital, most likely just because Sony told them to make one. You guys need to do some GTPlanet-ing!

Found some new videos with sound.

Sounds much more like a 3 rotor, if a bit tame, when compared to microsoft's 'attempt'

I think that RX7 is a GT300 car, so its probably a near stock 20b though, so I think its still fairly accurate.

I can't wait for this game. I can already feel that 787B Mazda :) Is the driving force pro a decent wheel? I want to get one for this game.

The DFP is the best wheel to get when you're on a budget. :)

I had mine for almost 2 years and it still works great; I even played the GT5 Academy with it and it was pretty good! :D

See I don't really care much for having an actual H pattern or anything like that. If I want to row some gears, I'll just get in my little red mazda. I just want something with good FF and pretty reliable.

The Driving Force GT is the one you want, it's a little more powerful than the Pro (drifts a bit better) and I hear more reliable too. The Pro is pretty old, the GT is newer and not that much more expensive if you get one used.

Last edited:
Yes, the DFGT is better than the DFP, but you still should get the DFP if you're on a tight budget; if you're not, then get the DFGT.

I actually might sell my DFP to get a DFGT...:hmm:

Probably the GT. I'm not up to date with the market.

What if you're on a REALLY tight budget? ;) You can get a DFP for under $50.

Also, I've decided to put my DFP on sale and get a DFGT as a replacement! :D

I read reviews saying that the wheel itself feels very similar to the G25. :)

^I've read reviews saying it's miles ahead (and i've tried one!).

It's more powerful, but mainly, it's practically silent compared to the DFP. and H-pattern, and clutch! It doesn't have all the fancy buttons, but that's a small price to pay.

I actually have a DFP right now. The DFGT doesn't feel dramatically different from the DFP, but the G25 does imo.

Cue: "Racing Wheels/Cockpits" thread.

Stop discussing those wheels when I can't buy one for less than USD400. It's cruel.

Last edited:
FINE.

I love this guy. Whoever he is. He's awesome. Is he like an employee or did he manage to get a dev copy somehow?

I'll get a PS3 one of these days. Then I'll be ready. Assuming Fanatec fixes my wheel of course.

Last edited:
:motherofgod:

I love how the air brake pops up at 0:53!

What ever happened to more than 8 cars on the track at once?

Do we have one?

We really should have one... With a list in the first post with links to the cockpits...
Mine is finished, but if some stuff is inspiring I'm not againt re-engineering some stuff ;-)