Windows Mobile Thread

icon is still green, i keep calling it active sync

okay, got you. Makes sense now.

But I'm done with this for tonight. Seriously, been trying to sort this shit out since 3pm, and its 1am already.... I'm gonna try hook it up to my laptop tomorrow.

EDIT : OMG, I think I found the solution. Since the Nokia N97 works flawlessly on my PC via USB, and the fact that both the HD2 and N97 uses the microUSB format, I decided to try the Nokia USB cable on the HD2. Voila, everything is sorted now, I'm able to get the HD2 hooked up to the laptop. So it seems like T-Mobile's HD2 USB cable is the culprit. Well, it's in the bin now, I'm gonna use N97's USB cable for both of my phones in the future.

Fuck, can't believe I over complicated such a tiny problem.

Last edited:
Hmm, mine connected first time out.....

Have you installed anything or flashed a new rom?

Hmm, mine connected first time out.....

Have you installed anything or flashed a new rom?

Not yet, I didn't even get to unlock the SIM. Spent the whole of yesterday on narrowing down the connection problem... bloody USB cables : (

:lol: you never suspect the cable nowadays since it seems so simple.

yeah pretty much so, since the cable managed to draw power from the USB, I just assumed that it was working...

Last edited:
Lovin' my HD2!

My fave apps so far:
CorePlayer
Resco Explorer
Resco Photo Manager
Resco Registry editor
i-nigma bar code scanner
Slacker Radio

Just tossed about 750 mp3 files on the HD2.

All I can say is wow, loving the built in music player and album display...

Having said that, I'm still busy tinkering around with the phone. Gonna phone T-mobile today and request a SIM unlock code.

Edit : I know the phone runs at 800x480, so should I encode all my vids using 16:9 format, 800x480 @ 1024bit, 24fps?? Or is there any other settings you guys prefer?

Last edited:
Any recommendation on GPS software?

GarminXT? TomTom? Co-Pilot? Google map (meh... I prefer offline GPS ability)

What do you guys reckon?

I have Garmin and TomTom on my phone. offline GPS FTW.

Garmin has more eye candy, but when you're actually driving TomTom is much easier on the eye. It also seems to plot routes faster as well.

You'll need, um, "special" versions of either as they don't officially work with the HD2 (ie There is no "official" version for the HD2).

Here's a good car kit: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23565

I have a slightly different version of that in my car. I have to use the air vent clip though due to my car's weird dashboard and cigarette lighter location. Yes, GPS will kill you battery very quickly.

What case are you using with the HD2 atm?

Last edited:
I have Garmin and TomTom on my phone. offline GPS FTW.

Garmin has more eye candy, but when you're actually driving TomTom is much easier on the eye. It also seems to plot routes faster as well.

You'll need, um, "special" versions of either as they don't officially work with the HD2 (ie There is no "official" version for the HD2).

Here's a good car kit: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23565

I have a slightly different version of that in my car. I have to use the air vent clip though due to my car's weird dashboard and cigarette lighter location. Yes, GPS will kill you battery very quickly.

What case are you using with the HD2 atm?

I'm still using my N97 as my main GPS unit, since I haven't installed any GPS software on the HD2 yet. There is quite a bit of browsing and searching to do, I'm still a bit puzzled on the correct version for HD2. Apparently TT7.918.9193 officially supports the HD2. But I might bug you on this later : )

This is the case I'm using.

01052010229.jpg

And btw, is it necessary to buy a protective sticker for the HD2's beautiful screen? ?

And btw, is it necessary to buy a protective sticker for the HD2's beautiful screen? ?

It shouldn't be, considering that it's capacitive glass a 'la iPhone, it should be fairly scratch resistant.

Some random screenshots of the new test rom I flashed:

ScreenShot4.png

ScreenShot7.png

It shouldn't be, considering that it's capacitive glass a 'la iPhone, it should be fairly scratch resistant.

Never hurts to have one though. I have a matte screen protector which cuts glare when I'm using it as a GPS unit in the car.

Which ROM did you flash madcow?

Never hurts to have one though. I have a matte screen protector which cuts glare when I'm using it as a GPS unit in the car.

Which ROM did you flash madcow?

Josh's beta test Rom v3

It has the latest HD2 RUU_Leo_1_5_TMOUS_2.10.531.1 packages,radio driver, cookie homepage editor and Manila.

Some cool HD2 cases:

momax-icase-pro-htc-hd2_01.jpg

capdase_soft_jacket_xpose_2_htc_hd2_01.jpg

capdase_alumor_metal_case_hd2_01.jpg

capdase_alumor_metal_case_hd2_03.jpg

The bottom 2 are silicone lined aluminum cases. I might pick up one of those, but they're $25 shipped on ebay, so its a little pricey.

lol, this is what happens when you mess around with language pack. I just killed my HD2, now it's time to hard reset : p

Anyway.. those covers look pretty good, do they come with that protective sticker though? It's the touch screen that I'm worried about, not so much about the actual shell.

thanks, that looks pretty decent.

Any fav apps you want to recommend?

Ram sweeper
BSB tweaks
Cookie's home tab + editor
TomTom
Openmarket
Experiment 13
Flight commander
Skyfire browser
JWMD Icon changer
Resco explorer
S2U2 - Alternative lockscreen. Absolutely awesome.
Morphgear.

4 months on, I still :heart: my HD2.

Last edited:
For GPS Software, take a look at iGo 8 as well, I've been using it for ages and it's quite nice with 3d hills, and if you add one of the skins available you can get a fair few extra options...