Doctor Who

The Doctor's mother would call her son "sweetie"...

Anyways if it's either of those let's hope he finds out before he decides to reciprocate with her or something.

Fun fact: The 10th Doctor has kissed every one of his full time companions.

Last edited:
its never really been specified that the Doctor can regenerate into a Woman, although in the Comic Relief Special done years ago, The Curse of Fatal Death. The Doctor did regenerate into Joanna Lumley (as well as Hugh Grant, Jim Broadbent and Rowan Atkinson). the whole regeneration thing has never really been set in stone and given the current nature of the Time Lord extinction we'll probably not find out.
on the subject of Jenny, i really hope they bring back Georgia Moffet. She and Sally Sparrow are the only 2 characters i'd like to see return to Doctor Who even if it was for a single episode. Currently at the moment the whole River thing and her origins could be something we just can't see and the Moff is very good at keeping us guessing with regards to storylines.

Last edited:
Jeez that was a good episode, can't wait for next week's now!

I'm not really reading into who or what River Song is/may become to the Doctor. And she wasn't portrayed horribly as I feared. Yay :)

Fun fact: The 10th Doctor has kissed every one of his full time companions.

Well technically, Donna kissed him. Not the other way around.

I shouldn't have read Doctor Who Wiki just then... I've just found out who River Song really is... :|

You really don't want to spoil this for yourself, but in case if you really do:

Alex Kingston said she was in prison for killing the "best man she ever knew". That HAS to mean the Doctor.

Or actually, maybe that's too obvious. They wouldn't have let it slip if that was true...

Last edited:
^ I think at this stage at least, we cannot rule out any possabilities or move towards one single one. There are too many things that pop up everywhere, all pointing in different directions. Sure your theory may be a possability, but we cannot be sure by any means. Which is great writing from Moffat - he has confused absolutely everyone as to who River Song is. I'm going to assume there are only a handful of people who actually know the answer, or maybe even only himself. But I am certain that I really want to know, and that we won't be finding out any time soon :p <_<

Jeez that was a good episode, can't wait for next week's now!

I'm not really reading into who or what River Song is/may become to the Doctor. And she wasn't portrayed horribly as I feared. Yay :)

You never saw her series 4 eps Silence in the Library?

You never saw her series 4 eps Silence in the Library?

Yeah, loved them :D I mean what happens between now than then more than anything, given the TARDIS wikia spoiler (which I also unfortunately read)

I had heard about this the other day, but a new piece of information i just found out about deserved to be passed on.
Sarah Jane Smith is reunited with another of The Doctor's former companions, Jo Grant (Katy Manning), in a new series of The Sarah Jane Adventures, set to air on CBBC this autumn. They'll be joined by The Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith), in special editions penned by executive producer Russell T Davies.
The two episodes will see The Doctor and his two former time-travelling partners caught up in an alien-busting adventure that will entertain Doctor Who fans of all ages. Elisabeth Sladen, who plays Sarah Jane comments: "It's a fantastic script and I can't wait to work with another Doctor and hope Matt has fun with us. I've known Katy for ages and I am delighted to be working with her. I last met her in LA but this time we will be in Cardiff. LA was good but Cardiff is better." Katy Manning, who recently returned to live in the UK again, adds: "Playing Jo Grant again is something I never really considered. I was gob-smacked when they told me and I am over the moon. What an incredible little treat. I come home and this is one of the first things that happens."
Executive producer Nikki Wilson says: "We are absolutely thrilled to be introducing Sarah Jane and the gang to both The Eleventh Doctor and Jo Grant, and to have a script penned by Russell T Davies is the icing on the cake! Viewers are in for a real treat, with an action-packed story full of Russell's usual wit and warmth, which takes the gang inside a secret base beneath Snowdon and introduces brand-new vulture aliens, the mysterious Shansheeth. All this, plus a trip to an alien planet ? a first for The Sarah Jane Adventures."
Featuring the usual mixture of thrills, laughs and scares, the fourth series promises fun with enemies old and new, including the terrors of the Nightmare Man and a dangerous journey back into history. A galaxy of guest stars are lined up to appear in the series and include Laila Rouass (Primeval, Footballers Wives) and Cheryl Campbell (Pennies From Heaven), whilst David Bradley (Argus Filch in Harry Potter) will provide the voice of the Shansheeth.

The Sarah Jane Adventures is executive produced by Nikki Wilson and Russell T Davies and produced by Brian Minchin.

Writers on the fourth series include Phil Ford (also co-producer), Joseph Lidster, Rupert Laight, Gareth Roberts and Clayton Hickman. The Sarah Jane Adventures is a BBC Cymru Wales/Children's BBC production.
446sarah_jane_jo_grant.jpg

RTD writing for the Eleventh Doctor? should be interesting. I don't normally watch the Sarah Jane Adventures (except for the Two part featuring the Tenth Doctor) but this i'll probably end up giving a try. Now all they need to do is sort out Torchwood. Not sure about Jo Grant either... she looks like she's had so much plastic work done she could almost pass a ancient Cyber Woman.

tonights episode i thought was a great second part to last weeks, i like how everything is tying together.

have to say the doctor was mad at the end to turn down :p

miss pond is extremely sexy

i am extremely confused at the cracks in time. something is very wrong with the universe. from what i understand this is also responsible for no one remembering a giant cyberman walking around victorian london. the fact that Amy doesn't remember the daleks and how the duck pond now seem to be coming into play means that there's a lot more to come out of this arc. how the hell the Doctor turned Amy down is beyond me, mind you the absolute nutjobs of the GB lunatic fringe would probably all go nuts if the Doctor ended up getting some. Especially since they probably have not had any before.

loved the episode and really enjoyed how they are taking the time to start explaining some of the myth behind the cracks. Had this been RTD there would have been continued cracks right up until the end of the season and then being explained. They've managed to explain some of it but maintaining the threat so it can return towards the end of the series. The moment where the Angels began to turn and move did enough to scare the crap out of me. those things are still incredibly scary.

Last edited:
I KNEW Amy was slightly crazy!!! HA!!

Tonight's ep. was fuckin' brilliant. Everything that needed to be wrapped up, was wrapped up really well.
The handcuffs bit was brilliant.

Way scarier than last week, especially since none of us, not even the Doctor, have any clue what the hell is going on.

One thing I didn't like was that we saw the Angels move. It kind of ruined the effect, because I think they are much scarier when we can't see them move.
It might have been better is maybe we saw them all change expression before they were sucked into the time field or something.

By the way, did that scene remind anyone else of the ending to Doomsday?

With the ending, my first reaction was "Oh bollocks, not another companion in love with the Doctor!" , but looking back on it, I did like the horny side to Amy, slightly crazy, which we got the impression of in the Eleventh Hour.

Also, I am pretty sure that the Doctor is gay this time round. He seems quite fiated on Jeff being "the good looking one", doesn't he? ;)

Overall, 9/10
Can't wait for next week. The vampires look pretty fucking scary. And totally un-Twilight :)

one thing i did notice, the date, 26th June 2010. I'm fairly sure thats when the season finale of Doctor Who airs. especially since the 26th June actually falls on a Saturday.

Last edited:
one thing i did notice, the date, 26th June 2010. I'm fairly sure thats when the season finale of Doctor Who airs. especially since the 26th June actually falls on a Saturday.

i was wondering that too when it popped up. the timing i recon works out quite well, perhaps given a 1 week break at some point im guessing

lol amy is a slut

In all seriousness though, that was pretty awesome. I don't know why, but I found seeing the angels move strangely creepy. Overall Series 5 has been a success so far, and I cannot wait for next weeks.

i also noticed that there was a reference to the Pandorica. In 5x01: The Eleventh Hour, Prisoner Zero said
The cracks in the skin of the universe ? don?t you know where they came from? You don?t, do you? The Doctor and the TARDIS doesn?t know. The universe is cracked. The Pandorica will open. Silence will fall.
and then River said at the end of tonights episode
you'll see me again quite soon, when the Pandorica opens
obviously something is definately going on and my gut tells me that Amy, the cracks and the Pandorica are all connected.

Last edited:
A redhead is always the most important thing in the universe, I like that!
How could he turn down?

What a whopping episode!

Stupid bloody going over my dl limit this month, proably won't be able to see this ep until Tuesday at the earliest :(

And on the "Doomsday-ish" comment (don't think that gives anything away really), that was one of Digital Spy's ten (which was actualy eleven this week) teasers for this ep :lol: Good picking up!

I loved this episode. Scared the crap out of me, but that's what happens when you watch in the dark, alone, on a big TV. (Hooray for TVs with computer inputs.)

For the not-a-dudes and wannabe not-a-dudes around, can we all agree how fantastically lucky Karen Gillian is right now?

As for the angels......I somehow get the feeling they might show back up again, perhaps with everything else that's fallen in a crack? Haven't a clue, this is just wild speculation on my part. To me, seeing them move didn't make them less scary - to me, they're scarier now that we hear them creaking about.

As for the River Song bit - my friend had an interesting theory (she's a bit crazy, but shit happens) - River Song could be Amy's mother? Song seems very...maternal, for lack of a better word.

I'm very impressed by the new season so far. Doctor Who now seems a lot more like the show I watched and loved as a kid.

The show has become scarier, the story and humour create a balance between the obvious and obscure, whereas RTD's version war very much self-explanatory. I think this show is more challenging for kid's imagination and bed linen, in equal parts from nightmares and wet dreams thanks to Amy .