Splinter Cell: Conviction

ordered for pc

Last edited:
This weeks online unlockable is the FAMAS G2 Assault Rifle
Specializing in effective stopping power over far distances, the FAMAS G2 is an ideal assault rifle

That's the one thing I don't get in this game. MOST of the weapons should be silenced. Or at least given the option to put it on and off like in Rainbow 6.

That's the one thing I don't get in this game. MOST of the weapons should be silenced. Or at least given the option to put it on and off like in Rainbow 6.

i know, silenced weapons become a absolute necessary in the hunter and infiltration game modes. fire off a unsilenced weapon is so redundant i might as well just start yelling "i'm over here if you didn't know!"
Mind you, this isn't Rainbow Six... bloody wish they got a move on and did one though.

Still waiting on my pre-order! (PC) :(

I site where I ordered it from says it's out of stock and will ship on May 5th. :(

just completed singleplayer... the perfect length on a game for me.....

That gives me a bit more faith because the official Conviction forums are FULL of complaints about how short the SP campaign is (among many other complaints). :)

Last edited:
Just played a couple of hours on my PC...One weird thing is that the sensitivity is so low even though it's on maximum, mouse movement feels as slow as an Xbox controller, I don't know if Ubisoft deliberately do this to stop people from shooting very quickly...but I have to say the game is very sweet though

FINALLY! IT CAME!!!

Anyone notice the super cheap feeling of the box the disc comes in and the fact that there's no hard copy of the manual? Stupid eco-obsessed game companies...:glare:

Remember when PC games came in those huge boxes with a jewel cases, and several books/manuals? Even the most recent "large plastic case" that can fit 6 discs are pretty cool, but now every PC game has to come in these shitty DVD-cases. :(

:sigh: Oh well, gonna install it later and finally play a game I was waiting 3 years to play! :D

Last edited:
If you're a fan of the classic Splinter Cell 1-3, then the game feels really weird, hollywood'ish, short, unrealistic and so on. If you approach it as a completely new game then it's fine, sort of a stealth action with a few interactive features built around a novel or a movie script. Only thing not fitting anymore is Ironside's voice, it's too low, slow and completely doesn't match the 'younger' character, terrible lip-sync doesn't help either, plus, as always, gfx are on that shitty 2007 Xbox 360 level most games have these days, so that's a bit of a bummer as well.

Last edited:
Heh, and I thought DA was bad. I do kinda like the new navigation concepts but man, the story stinks and makes no sense whatsoever, the action is so linear it hurts and insofar as I can determine the only object of the game is to run, duck and shoot - aside from the cheezy and eventually boring interrogation scenes. The foes' heckling has like 5 phrases on a loop and you get tired and annoyed by "C'mon Fisher" real quick.

SC 1-3 were about stealth, intelligence gathering and collateral damage, and they were great. This one's none of those things and it's crap. Even Sam doesn't look like Sam anymore so that pisses me off too. Graphics are from 2007 as ViperVX mentioned although that would be minor point if the game itself was actually any good. Overall definitely not worth the price tag.

Did anyone else find it hilarious how in the EMP mission, you can ledge-grab kill every guard in the area? You ledge-grab one guy, then your LKP is shown, so they just come one by one and you ledge-grab kill them all! :rofl:

Then you can see a pileup of like 5-10 guys under the ledge, and a pileup of all their guns where you grabbed them! :lol:

My thoughts on the game: I am an avid SC fan and I knew this one isn't going to be the same as the old ones (and won't be as good) and the thing I was most interested in was the story. This game was designed for killing almost everyone while using stealth, while you can "ghost" missions in the old ones. It probably is possible to ghost soime missions in SCC, but it would be VERY hard.

It is a disappointment, but I still like it so far (just finished the EPM mission). The action is pretty cool with M&E (especially that part at the end of the Third Echelon level where you have unlimited M&E and you just keep pressing the execute button to clear groups of guards! :D).

Basically, if you are having doubts, get it for the story; it ties up a lot of loose ends. :)

Last edited:
I'm trying to play multiplayer but it seems to be impossible: I've added some friends, and when I tried to accept their invitations, an error always pops up saying the connection is not responding. Sometimes the game prevented me from getting into multiplayer at all, saying the sever is down...I've set DMZ to my computer but it feels impossible to play the game at all

Just finished the SP campaign and I have to say I was really disappointed. Really loved the whole stealth approach of the previous versions but now it just felt like any other action game. Cover, Shoot, Run. Rinse and repeat :(

Just finished the SP and wow, what an ending. CAN'T WAIT FOR SC6!!! :D

this weeks free unlockable is the Vikhr Machine pistol. It's 3 upgrades are a 2x scope, gun stock (which improves accuracy) and Match grade ammo (which inceases the range)

just a heads up. A new DLC pack is now available for Splinter Cell: conviction. The Deniable Ops: Insurgency pack cost 800 MS Points. The pack as far as i know includes 4 new maps the docks of San Francisco, a New Orleans cemetery, a prison in Portland and a hidden research complex in Salt Lake City. i honestly don't know anymore than that and Ubisoft haven't exactly gone out of their way to give out screenshots.
personally, while it may have 250 new achievement points i honestly can't see me getting this. 800 points is a bit steep for just 4 new maps, i would have preffered some more Co-Op levels or an hidden chapter in the main game.