Which car defines your country?

hansvonaxion

Car(s)
Legacy GT-B
Post a pic of the car that defines your country then give your reasons why.

Preferably the car should be made in that country.

Bonus points if the pic also encapsulates the spirit of your country (a picture of a bald eagle driving a convertible '57 chev through a cornfield while drinking moonshine, shooting a revolver and getting a blowjob from pamela anderson to define america wins the thread, for example).

Obviously people will have different ideas as to the definition of their country and you might want to post more than one, but perhaps just make it one idea per post to keep it simple?

Anyway, I'm from Australia so I'll start it off with something predictable...

196085008_f83b22e5f4.jpg

Holden FX ute.

The FX rocks up to the party in his work clobber and doesn't give a shit. He might be a bit slow but he works hard. He's also unrefined and a bit rough but genuinely likable and won't let you down when you need him. He's a little loud and drinks too much but if you take him for a ride he'll put a smile on your face, ladies. :p

dacia-sandero-01.jpg

everybody is laughing...but actually...they want to be part of the family :D

As I'm from Scotland, the choice is between this :

http://img693.imageshack.**/img693/6144/mhvhillmanimp01.jpg

and this :

http://img693.imageshack.**/img693/3963/argyll01.jpg

I think I'd rather just have a horse and cart.

what is that bottom car?? (not that i recognise the first one, but i'm just not interested :D)

Ok, ze Germann's of corse ;

We haz ze Volkswagen K?fer
kaefer_800.jpg

Tja der KDF Wagen ist f?r jedermann bezahlbar! :mrgreen: :lol:

Sandero[/QUOTE]
how's that? :P
[img]http://www.allsportauto.com/photoautre/gillet/vertigo_streiff/2003_gillet_vertigo_streiff_07_m.jpg
I think this defines Belgium perfectly, we want but can't.

0.jpg

Well, Bavaria used to be this:

BMW_M3_E30.jpg

but seems to have turned into this:

BMW_X6.jpg

Predictably I'd probably have to say this.....

Epitomises Swinging 60s style and chic, and yet in a truly British fashion it stands for the British sense of fair play, driven as it was by rock and movie stars as well as ordinary people. Now an icon worldwide for something instantly British as much as the black cab and red London buses.

3225792781_0b7ba1a6a9.jpg

or possibly this..... for similar reasons to the above plus the definitive British Superspy drove one.*

1930056954_2bd8bece3c.jpg

Actually I'm more interested to see if Adunaphel will post the Daf 44, the Vandenbrink Carver or the Spyker C8. Me, I'd post the Carver even if they did go bust.

*And before you start going on about DB5s I was referring to Austin Powers and not that alcoholic nancy with the Walther and the gambling problem!

(Last sentence was a joke by the way!)

Last edited:
I was hoping people would give a bit of an explanation as to why they think that particular car, well not personifies... autonifies? their country.

Might help if you name the country in some instances, too!

For example, Mini - England.

It's small, unassuming and non-threatening. It doesn't cope well in hot weather. Not very powerful but makes up for that with ingenuity.

4a4f261b3bae8.jpg

I think this pretty much sums up Italy: Trendy and happy, it likes to enjoy life and show-off a bit.

It's actually less than what it pretends to be, and the room available is few, but it's easy to live with and can always reserve you some unexpected good times. It will bother you with minor problems but it's unlikely to let you down completely. It's pretty and lucky to be, and people admires it more for what they think it is than for what it really is.

It's also very adaptable, in good and bad, it can be a flashy obnoxious laughable aristocrat-wannabe or a fast agile smart character capable of achieving unexpected results.

Whatever happens, though, it's not going to pass unnoticed.

-------

Plus, I want the bonus for the typical italian "bella-vita"-style stores in the background and the attractive lady on the side.

Last edited:
Ok, ze Germann's of corse ;

We haz ze Volkswagen K?fer
[Beetle image]

Tja der KDF Wagen ist f?r jedermann bezahlbar! :mrgreen: :lol:

Right car - but if you want to capture that spirit of our country, you could have chosen a better picture:
0,1020,999895,00.jpg

a1d5e363c6f7e8e9bda712817423d102_image_document_large_featured_borderless.jpg

I don't think these pictures need further explanation. Modern-day germany, on the other hand, is better characterized by this car:
VW_Polo_BlueMotion_1.jpg

The Polo BlueMotion. A greenish, conservative but also a bit left-liberal, boring car that does everything quite well but nothing really excellent.
Additionally, it has understated badge- and environmental smugness, not being turned to 11 like a Prius Hybrid.

Reactions: MWF
^Is that Ferdinand Porsche in the first photograph? (no, not the one in the car)

+1 For the polo. it's "oekologisch" but likely, not hateful and contemptuous like the Prius.

YAAAA!

02_zenvo_info_st1.jpg

And it easts camels :mrgreen:
09D73823DF0CADD4897A90_Large.jpg

Don't ask what else we have :lol:

Last edited: