Crossroad for college

Ice_warmer

So I'm finishing my first year of automotive engineering at college. Still doesn't seem it suits me 100%. So I'm thinking for now ... to enroll for a degree in Design, or possibly PR and communication (less likely). Anyone did something like this ?

I don't actually know what precisely I'm after, but I don't know, engineering ... doesn't seem that interesting, the profs are artists at makeing a rather interesting subject ... boring.

Someone make me change my mind about engineering

Last edited:
My husband has a degree in Design. Do you like drawing, fonts, and color? If so, go for it. If not, pick something else, cuz that will be all you do for the rest of your education and career.

Join your local FSAE and forget about your classes (but still keep your GPA at a reasonable level).

I've got a couple of guys from my group who quit about mid-year(I'm also in first year automotive engineering). I think that you can't really judge how all four years of college are going to be after the first one, in my opinion it should get more and more interesting. The fact of the matter is that you should do what you want to do, and if that's Design, go for it. But if you're really interested in cars, maybe you should continue this one.

Join your local FSAE and forget about your classes (but still keep your GPA at a reasonable level).

No local Formula Student whatsoever. And sponsorships are pretty hard to get when you're still in your first year. Talked to some guys from another part of the country who did a car and said it cost ~50k Euros

Last edited: