Merc C240

More traction, I assume.

Ja. My car can magically climb snow/ice covered hills with the sandbags. Still plenty of room to drift though... tee hee ;)

4340m-14-240ft-above-sea-level-with-my-merc-1390.jpg

Nice. That's the first I've seen a Merc with a Jeep Wrangler body on it! :p

Last edited:
Shame on you with the sandbags.. I imagine one of those would be a lovely DORIFTOOO machine in the winter :)

Not really with the overzealous ESP. I mean it lets you sorta drift with it off but I wouldn't call it "a lovely DORIFTOOO machine".

However I like the car, the general consensus seems to be the W203 is one of Mercs worse efforts but my dad's has never shown it. It's got like 220 000 km on the clock and still it feels rock solid. No piece of trim has ever broken on it as far as I know. Not even the electronics which I believe are the worst bit. Apparently, if your battery goes flat, you should never connect a charged one because that will create a jolt that might break something real expensive to fix (like 1000's of euros). That hasn't happened with my dad's either even though I only found out about this after having fought with its failing battery.

Last edited:
Why would you need a sandbag? To stabilize the car in the snow?

Nice car, as always :p

More weight on the driving tires. It made my Mustang much more drivable in the snow.

^^I thought the W202 was the worst effort... :lol:

Also, can't you fully disable the ESP stuff by simply removing the ABS fuse? I drove my mum's M-class this morning with the driving assists fully disabled because they broke today... <_< EDIT: Yay, it fixed itself...

Nice car, and some nice scenery to go with it ... but did you REALLY have to park like that? Especially in a disabled parking spot? :rolleyes:

It was two seconds just to jump out and snap a pic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It was two seconds just to jump out and snap a pic. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I'm pointing it out more out of concern for the safety and wellbeing of you and your car if anything. To some people, parking in a disabled parking spot is right up there with murder and paedophilia.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i6qzX5u2AQ[/YOUTUBE]

:p

Internet is serious business. You just wasted bandwidth with that post and lowered others' productivity.

It's summer and I can wash my car again! So exciting I had to post a few pics to make up for those on the first post being lost...

15x5q9j.jpg

314za00.jpg

11vp08n.jpg

Last edited:
I've always kinda liked these little Mercs. Looks nice!

Its still in retirement spec. I'm still dissapointed in you. :p

I was wondering, whether the C240 has a four or six cylinder engine?

A little late to post, but I have a friend with the same exact car, and the car saved her life, its a great car enjoy it!

Last edited:
A little late to post, but I have a friend with the same exact car, and the car nearly saved her life, its a great car enjoy it!
Does that mean she died? How can you be nearly saved? That's like saying I nearly saved that guy from falling of a cliff, I was only 0.1 of a second late! :p
The W203 is generally a very safe car with 5 NCAP stars.

Does that mean she died? How can you be nearly saved? That's like saying I nearly saved that guy from falling of a cliff, I was only 0.1 of a second late!
The W203 is generally a very safe car with 5 NCAP stars.

haha my grammar sucks, I'll fix that