Food! [The thread that started this section]

If you were pointing out what I think you were pointing out, I fixed it. :lol:

I actually made Chocolate brownies with macadamia nuts a few days ago, but it went down a treat!
DSC00385.jpg

I realised once most of it was gone that the brownies were nice with ice cream! It's sooo fattening but oh soo good at the same time!

It's a lasagna. The colours are wrong, cause I took it with my cellphone (cam's batteries charging, couldn't wait, was starving). It was delicious. I used a bit more nutmeg for the bechamel sauce than last time and cooked the bolognese sauce more and also used more rosemary and less origano. Didn't mess about with 3 different cheeses this time, so just used mozarella and gouda.

Also, people who sprinkle parmezan on top of lasagna should die in a fire.

Had to shoot for a recent food charity event with my friend who writes for a food review website, some of the highlights of what I shot & ate

Cumin spiced skirt steak, roasted tomato, arugula
4677228532_9e7889a417.jpg

Macedoine salad, uni dressing, Maine lobster @ Bistro LQ
4676616211_72369bed51.jpg

Gazpacho soup w/ strawberry sorbet & cured foie gras shavings @ Comme Ca
4677485344_cc5b35a085.jpg

BBQ Beef Bahn Mi @ Mar'sel
4676865131_147645552c.jpg

Cheesecake, blueberry w/ lemongrass @ Hatfield's
4676869697_1ee9c6d445.jpg

Marinated hamachi, cucumber vinegar, avocado, granny smith apple @ Patina
4677704506_452650e9db.jpg

Mini burger, hatch green chili, benedictine cheese, applewood smoked bacon @ 25 Degrees
4677146375_6705e05658.jpg

Torchon foie gras w/ organic apple gastrique @ marcona almond brittle @ Bottega Louie
4677803450_46bda15dcc.jpg

It's a lasagna. The colours are wrong, cause I took it with my cellphone (cam's batteries charging, couldn't wait, was starving). It was delicious. I used a bit more nutmeg for the bechamel sauce than last time and cooked the bolognese sauce more and also used more rosemary and less origano. Didn't mess about with 3 different cheeses this time, so just used mozarella and gouda.

Also, people who sprinkle parmezan on top of lasagna should die in a fire.

*parmesan
*oregano

:p

This is why i love Michael Ruhlman

does anyopne know of a website that sells raw zaatar herb? i need it cause i love zaatar, but i need to make it without sesame seeds because i'm allergic.

Nice photos Edkown, looks like some spectacular food too!

My family went to Koko at Crown on Sunday night for my brother's birthday dinner...DELICIOUS Japanese food.

Image here

Also I just made myself scrambled eggs for brekkie...eggs, cream, parmesan, salt and pepper. Yummy but I feel a bit sick now.

An attempt today at something calzone-ish...

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/re/renaultfan/2010/06/24/DSC_3150.jpg

Tried slightly varied stuffings, sausages, ham and even a bit of smoked fish in one of them. Onion, tomato paste, garlic and mushrooms are the common denominator. Just finished eating the first one, and the chili paste mixed with the tomato paste really tells.

Last edited:
If i were to do this (which i just might) I would add some seasonings to the burger perhaps some sort of mexican taco flavor. Also i would use WAY more cheese* than a single slice.

*also i would use actual cheese.

Last edited:
^what you think the yellow stuff is?

but i don't care about the seasoning, it's a fucking hotdog, won't find me eating that :puke:

Last edited: