Votes: 47 7.8%

Votes: 21 3.5%

Votes: 6 1.0%

Votes: 8 1.3%

Votes: 5 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I liked it.

Having weird celebs in the barbecue bit is kind of necessary, why waste a good guest for a one-minute appearance instead of a full interview?
Iceland... yes. Go James :nod:
Reliant... I :lol:'d. The celeb cameos harked back to the P50, various BBC people appeared there as well including the P50 going through the background of a news broadcast.
Bentley... typical power test, but with added funnehs from Jeremy.
Lacetti funeral... sure, why not. At least they didn't drag that bit out and kept it relatively short.

I loved all of it, it's so good Top Gear is back! It just seemed too short, the end came so suddenly, I couldn't believe an hour was over already!

My favourite bit was James on the volcano, that was amazing! Just driving through that blizzard must have been scary, and then the tyres catching fire on the lava... I still wonder how they would have gotten him out if he had got stuck there.... they surely must have had a plan for that??

I found the weakest bit was the reliant robin falling-over film. But I think that was only because I've already seen them in the Top Gear Live show (and it was one of my favourite parts there), but when I saw the film now it gave me a bit of a "I've-already-seen-that" feeling. It was still funny though, and I actually found it quite informative. I didn't know these cars were ever seriously used as road cars and were even popular! How did people drive them? Did they all come with rollcages???
I'd actually like to see them try a challenge to drive these cars somewhere WITHOUT falling over....

OK, I have read all the posts so far and nobody seems to have mentioned the Stig during the Bentley track test.

Small flags on his helmet and on the car, as a homage, to the football fans at the World Cup.

Pretty sure it was Norwegian. (or Icelandic, maybe? :lol: )

Screen shot someone please.

OK, I have read all the posts so far and nobody seems to have mentioned the Stig during the Bentley track test.

Small flags on his helmet and on the car, as a homage, to the football fans at the World Cup.

Pretty sure it was Norwegian. (or Icelandic, maybe? :lol: )

Screen shot someone please.

It was Norway, fairly sure (JC's voiceover confirmed).

By the first corner one flag had fallen off and both had gone by halfway round...either production error or both genuinely fell off at speed.

Have only watched the volcano film so far. Loved it, especially since I just spent 10 days in Iceland myself. What a country, if you get the chance, go visit. All Icelanders I met, by the way, told me that the latest eruption was just a very small one by Icelandic standards. Still, James must have balls of steel to drive up that volcano. :)

Bentley - Usual power test, I especially appreciated the lady with those fire stick things as a styling element for the segment.
James - Awesome.
Lacetti - meh
Reliant - Hilarious, I started laughing with that corvette plastic joke and pretty much all through it :D

I usually don't like the silly segments as much but the reliant one was great !

Apart from the fact that Hammond looked like he'd rolled out pissed from a turf accountants' annual dinner dance, I laughed like a drain

...since I just spent 10 days in Iceland myself. What a country, if you get the chance, go visit.

Must take a moment to concur; been there twice, and it's an epic place in every way. GO, people.

Most common posted thoughts in the thread from the ep so far: James and balls of steel. Whatta film...

Last edited:
I'm happy that TG is back. I think it was a good start with much potential for the later ones to be better.
James on the volcano was amazing. Beautifully filmed, loved every minute of it.
Bently test was ok. Jeremy in his element. Powerful car, TG Testtrack and some tires to kill.
News were good too, actually cant remember then quite well now, I need to rewatch the episode for this.
New RPC... yeah it's a Kia, I like the cee'd, so for me it's a good replacement. But it was a d?j? vu from Series 8 where the Lacetti came. Get some stars, hang out with them at the Test Track and let them do some laps. But the one with the Lacetti was better in my opinion.
Yeah the Reliant Robin film. At first it was quite funny, but after the second and thrid time the Robin felt over, it became boring. I hoped for some sort of race against a Mini, as it was mentioned that the Mini was cheaper. I would have liked something like that, trashing the two around the Test Track, do some small Challenges. That would have been nice, not this falling over getting back on the wheels with some help of celebs. I hope the Robin film is the weakest in the whole series.

Anyway an good average Episode. 7/10 for me. Looking forward for the rest of the series

I give it a solid 8.
It was not like any previous show, no real SIARPC (Thank you very much) and it was pretty damn funny.

I guess the ending of the Reliant bit was a bit over the top but other than that, it was a very entertaining show!

Without being grim, I think the show is like Pokemon on Gameboy. A pokemon can go so far such as evolving and gaining levels etc. and the game can only go for to the length of beating the Gym masters. But once you have that all done and dusted and have achieved what has been done, where do you go next? I think what TG is doing is getting all the other pokemon to level 100, as there seems to be nothing much else to do.

But on a brighter now, I really liked the first episode. I may have cringe at some points, but I think it's because I don't like overreactions. I thought the Volcano part of the strongest segment of the show. The news is getting better, but less scriptiness if possible. The review was good (can't get over how their camera skills though, wish I was a camerawoman) and the SIARPCs were alright. The reliant robin part was good at some bits and I did giggle when it went over, but I think it was just pointless fun.

8/10 from me.

And another thing: WHY HAVE THEY SCRAPPED THE SERIES TRAILERS? I really liked them.

9/10

Just what I needed!
Bentley, boring car but great video. Volcano was great. News was fine. Celeb was funny but a bit forced. Reliant was great!

Meh.

the camera editing for the Bentley annoyed me. didn't need to see the boxers or the fire stick lady and the rapid cuts. Otherwise it was not bad. When the Aston came on screen it reminded me of earlier series. TG used to make awesome films with cars.

James May needs a variety show of his own to do what ever he wants, cause he does it very well. It was great to watch but this wasn't TG.

lost interest after the Iceland bit.

Ahh, it feels good to get the fix =) A solid 8, the Reliant part with Sheffield talk was LOL, lovely Bentley film and of course, our old friend the Hilux was back.

In the Lacetti bit, the montage was actually a bit touching :) But the Kia seems fitting. Good for another 7 series.

I loved it!

I think the random celebs in the Reliant Robin film was just a way of not hiding the fact that it's scripted. I thought it was very funny. You know he is going to roll it but that first one catches you off-guard and then he rolls it in front of all the enthusiasts and then he wheelies into a lampost and then they just randomly chuck a Reliant Robin into another one. :D

I thought the episode was hilarious. The vuvuzela during the Bentley hot lap was absolutely hilarious. The Reliant segment had me laughing harder than I have in a long while. I wish the Iceland segment was a bit longer though. Great episode overall.