Series 9 Available on iTunes USA Store

Kiskaloo

Noticed today that Series 9 is now available in the US iTunes Store.

These are uncut, but will have different music from the original BBC2 broadcasts where the BBC does not have worldwide broadcast rights.

FYI: It's only five episodes instead of six. For some reason, Episode 01 is not included (what is listed as Episode 1 is actually Episode 2).

Maybe due to the Jade Goody reference in the Stigtro? (Jeremy called her a racist, pig-faced waste of blood and organs or something. She died of cancer last year.) I don't think they'd pull it because of The Crash footage.

I would've thought they could just cut the Jade Goody reference if they were worried - I know that channel Dave never shows that episode - and that is because of the crash footage. But it is a shame it's not available for whatever reason.

BBC America has shown the crash footage so it would strike me as odd if that is why they chose not to release the episode on iTunes...

Exactly. That's why I'm thinking it's, more than likely, the Jade Goody reference in the Stigtro.

But to yank an entire episode for something they could easily cut?

And might very well have on the BBCA re-broadcasts?

Hrm. That's a good point. They have shown 9x01 somewhat recently, but I didn't watch it so I don't know if it's still in there. It was there well before she died, though.

Is there anyway to find out what the download figures are for these episodes are? Would be interested to see how popular legal episodes are over the other side of the pond.

And the removal of 09x01 is very strange. If it is the Goody reference then surely they could edit that bit out. It's Proberley that the BBC are not happy about that episode being seen these days and so block it from being sold/shown.

But it's been seen fairly recently on BBCA (within the last month or so, IIRC), so they can't be that unhappy about it. It's only Dave that has an embargo on it, it seems. (That said, anyone watching on BBC World or BBC Prime know if they skip over 9x01?)

Mabey its just (and this is a wild card here) that Hammond himself didnt want people to be able to watch himself crash over and over again. not in a petty way, just in a lets all move on way. Idk. If it was the goody refrence though they would have cut it. Anyway its not like jade goody jokes have gone out of fashion since she died... a friend of mine was doing his best big brother impression this morning and said
"day 374 in the big brother coffin. and jade is still sleeping." to which my other friend responded "Jades 24 hour coffin cam will be screening through the night on E4"

What. A few of my friends have... unusual senses of humour ;)

I kind of doubt it. Series 6-8 (at least 7 and 8) are on iTunes US and they're not on DVD.