How many times do you wiggle your stick?

How many times do you wiggle your stick?

• Less than one wiggle

Votes: 38 29.9%
  • One wiggle

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Two wiggles

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • Three wiggles, or more!

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wiggle it all night long, baby! YEAH!

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I don't have a stick, but if I did, I'd wiggle a lot. You hear me... a LOT.

Votes: 12 9.4%

• Total voters
How many times I wiggle my stick depends on how much action I am experiencing. I generally tend to wiggle three times or so just to make sure, or to just pass the time.

I don?t wiggle to check if I?m in neutral. When my car is in neutral I know it?s in neutral because I?m the one who put it in neutral.

Same here. Why is there no option for "not at all"? I abstain from voting. Also, I can tell by where the stick is what gear it's it (by feel that is, not by look).

Same here. Why is there no option for "not at all"? I abstain from voting. Also, I can tell by where the stick is what gear it's it (by feel that is, not by look).

My guess is that the less than one wiggle poll option means one does not wiggle at all.

Hmm, voted 3 before I read. Probably because I thought you meant wanking/day...
Anyway, its 1,5 wiggle for me, I guess, but ever since I got a DSG car, wiggling is only done in sexy time...

:lol: +rep
well I was serious but I?m always happy to entertain...

Well yeah, on my car I know where I am as soon as my hand touches the stick. But even if I?m driving someone else?s car there?s no need to check. Whenever the car is moving it?s in gear, and when I stop at intersections I know I?m in neutral because the car isn?t moving and I?m not pressing the clutch...

I wiggle before I start the car then I also slowly let off the clutch. No need once I'm driving.

Well yeah, on my car I know where I am as soon as my hand touches the stick. But even if I?m driving someone else?s car there?s no need to check. Whenever the car is moving it?s in gear, and when I stop at intersections I know I?m in neutral because the car isn?t moving and I?m not pressing the clutch...

That. No wiggle for me. My dad does it like crazy. Annoys the hell out of me. He wiggles so enthusiastically that I think he's going to break something one of these days.

Last edited:
Left-right-left, so once. Force of habit more than it's necessary, learned to drive on a truck which was as loose as a truck stop prostitute even when in gear, and prone to not going into gear, so you had to have your wiggle sense finely tuned.

No, 3 times a day isn't enough for me. I was trying to be funny, but you know the german clich?...

No, 3 times a day isn't enough for me. I was trying to be funny, but you know the german clich?...

germans wriggle their stick a lot? thats new to me. :D

Left until it thumps against the stop, right until it thumps against the stop. However, I ONLY do this just before startup or when I'm FRAKKING BORED sitting at the longest traffic light in the world, and during transactions when I'm going to take my foot off the clutch (drive thrus, parking passes, etc.)

On an unrelated note, lever travel for reverse is like twice as long as for forward gears and has a stiff feeling pre-engagement a few mm short of being properly engaged - so every once in awhile I'll accidentally half-shift into reverse and lightly grind some gears before cussing and shit. It never fails that I do that in front of someone else who drives a manual who then looks at me like my head's fallen off. No guys, really, it's the shift mechanism. I promise.

L-> R -> L -> R

it's become an unconcious tick

I do not wiggle as much as I slap once to the left.

germans wriggle their stick a lot? thats new to me. :D

If they don't, bad things happen.

(You thought I was going to mention the war, but no!)