Random Thoughts....

This is probably a sign that I'm going insane, but I'm starting to have weird nightmares about being murdered by former friends.

Guess who's pulling another all-nighter...

Lost my graphing calculator. :( $200 dollars gone.

On a brighter note, a friend of mine took me along with his sisters and his other friend to a live filming of X-Factor and then that was the moment I found out that all the flyover clapping shots were done in advance, even the reaction shots. I'd say that's just a tiny bit fake. There was some talent there too but there were only a couple that I liked and they were absoloutley incredible but the other ones were mediocre. Overall I'd say it was okay but it seemed they were only looking for mainstream musicians and disregard less popular genres for example Opera. It was free though so I don't have many complaints.

Off to bed now.

Lost my graphing calculator. :( $200 dollars gone.

On a brighter note, a friend of mine took me along with his sisters and his other friend to a live filming of X-Factor and then that was the moment I found out that all the flyover clapping shots were done in advance, even the reaction shots. I'd say that's just a tiny bit fake. There was some talent there too but there were only a couple that I liked and they were absoloutley incredible but the other ones were mediocre. Overall I'd say it was okay but it seemed they were only looking for mainstream musicians and disregard less popular genres for example Opera. It was free though so I don't have many complaints.

Off to bed now.

I don't know about Australian pricing, but years and years ago I got a first-gen TI-89 used on eBay for $60 after losing my calculator. I still have it, and it's still 90% as good as a brand new model (I updated the software at some point).

I can attest that in the San Francisco area, $300,000 will get you shit.

I can tell you that because we just bought a home.

We had to go to $320,000 to find a home that:
a) didnt have holes in the floors
b) wasn't in a neighborhood that made people say "THERE? Are you nuts?"
c) didn't have goofy, unlicensed add-ons
.....for example a toilet added into the kitchen's patry, and a sink and shower added on at the end of the house
.....or two added bedrooms, but you have to walk through both of them, in series to get to the new kitchen at the end of the house.
d) Wasn't missing the back wall of a house.
dalycityhome.jpg

We eneded up with a 780sq foot 2bd 1bth with a potentially-bad roof, no garage door opener, no front door and directly under the airport's take-off path.

Yay! workweek done, vacation starting, sundaymorning I leave for Ireland, for now its of to the pub to get waisted to unwind and get into the spirit :p

Sydney has the most overpriced housing market in the western world according to wiki.

That's quite an accomplishment for a city in the Eastern hemisphere :lol:

That's quite an accomplishment for a city in the Eastern hemisphere :lol:

how do you even decide what's east / west? ... let the greenwich meridian decide what's what? i seriously don't understand, since if it goes like that, it's a rather random choice isn't it?

how do you even decide what's east / west? ... let the greenwich meridian decide what's what? i seriously don't understand, since if it goes like that, it's a rather random choice isn't it?

In similar way to the way Northern/Southern hemisphere are separated. Using the meridian 0-180.

Yes it is. However, what choice wouldn't be random? There are no east/west poles...

Last edited:
I always though western Europe was part of the West.

edit: wiki

Last edited:
People, people, that was just a joke. Forget I said anything.

Yes it is. However, what choice wouldn't be random? There are no east/west poles...

True. All the Poles I've ever met have been from east of here. Builders, mostly.

Is WY midwest? Also its so small you can't count it as a trend. Also its populated by Hollywood yahoos who don't know their ass from their checkbooks.

Well, considering if you divide this country in half into east and west (Chicago is then in the east half, so how Jay said it was midwest is beyond me) Jackson WY lies basically in the middle of the west half, so yes I'd say it's midwest.

You say it's populated by hollywood types, but it isn't. There are maybe a dozen big names who have homes there, but only a few actually live there the majority of the time. The majority of the population who actually live there are rich people (Wyoming has no state income tax, so actually living here if you're rich saves you on taxes). It's a resort town, so everything is expensive. Jackson has been one of the leading most expensive counties for years, in fact Teton county has the highest per capita income of any county in the US according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

So, how can you count it out just because it's small? It beats places like New York City and Los Angeles.

Portugal: your keyboards are even worse than the Germans?.

Staring a picture of a friend for 2 hours while you mask them out of a background is pretty creepy.

Shoulda used Photoshop instead of paint.

Well, considering if you divide this country in half into east and west (Chicago is then in the east half, so how Jay said it was midwest is beyond me) Jackson WY lies basically in the middle of the west half, so yes I'd say it's midwest.

You say it's populated by hollywood types, but it isn't. There are maybe a dozen big names who have homes there, but only a few actually live there the majority of the time. The majority of the population who actually live there are rich people (Wyoming has no state income tax, so actually living here if you're rich saves you on taxes). It's a resort town, so everything is expensive. Jackson has been one of the leading most expensive counties for years, in fact Teton county has the highest per capita income of any county in the US according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

So, how can you count it out just because it's small? It beats places like New York City and Los Angeles.

Exactly, for instance if you took a specific zip code in Manhattan you would be in the tens of millions of dollars for annual income. We can't ascribe that tight an area for most expensive city, especially true for Jackson because it is a small town. Cities of reasonable size 800k+ lets say can be averaged for cost of living, strictly for the fact that across all social/economic strata is there a high COL. The argument is that even poor people have to spend a lot to live in some cities, versus only rich people live here.