Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

So... why are they wearing Persian carpets? :p

Well, they suck as floor coverings - might as well use them as ponchos or zerapes, both of which are very much a part of Texas culture.

To be that cool, AC/DC would have to run around with hats made from koalas and have kangaroo skin capes.

Also, the band that commissioned these vehicles is infinitely cooler and more car savvy than the Australian Drum Machine Boys:
800px-ZZTopEliminator.jpg

Eliminator.

gibbons2.jpg

CadZZilla.

zz-top-leapin-limo.jpg

Leapin' Limo.

gibbons3.jpg

Mambo Coupe.

gibbons6.jpg

The 32.

zz-top-8-ball-b.jpg

8-Ball B.

slampala.jpg

Slampala

6a00d834540dd169e20115706f78a4970b-800wi

And, of course, Kopperhed.

They had more made, too.

Other thing is, I've always wondered what a car show featuring ZZ Top would be like. Probably different but just as awesome as Top Gear at its best. Maybe more so, because they'd have at least one impromptu meet-the-fans session and concert every season. Complete with free beer; they're those kind of guys. :D

Last edited:
I was listening to an interview with one of the ZZ Top guys a few days ago. Apparently he doesn't like to drive much (both a combination of busy schedule and other things) so most of the time his cars sit in a garage. -2 points.

-2 points out of +1,000,000, maybe.

One thing is, do you realize how old the guys in ZZ Top are? The youngest member is 60, and they've been a band for 41 years. They can get a pass for slowing down and not wanting to drive quite so much. Plus, the cars they've had built have come about over a 30 year period of awesomeness, not just lately.

The other thing is, have you seen their schedule? They've basically been touring non-stop since 2002 and holding concerts on a schedule that would bring younger bands to their knees. Hell, they've even got a new studio album coming out. They get a pass for being busy, too.

Still better (and more car-oriented) than AC "WAAAAAH ITUNES" DC.

Last edited:
Oh I'm well aware of their workings. Why do you think I only deducted 2 points?

ZZ Top have beards! ACDC is some band I've heard about but never voluntarily listened to. All glory to the bearded men! May ACDC change name to something better, like "beardless old men".

Yeah, it is, it's probably for the american market, one cup for each hand! :p and one free hand for driver :D

/fatjoke

random thought: we have cupholders, why no burgerholders?

ZZ Top have beards! ACDC is some band I've heard about but never voluntarily listened to. All glory to the bearded men! May ACDC change name to something better, like "beardless old men".

All Hail The Bearded Ones!

imager.php

And yes, the guitars are fuzzy. They're just that awesome.

Last edited:
yes, WAS. They peaked at the Maximum Overdrive soundtrack.
As for ZZ top, the first i heard of them was Doubleback (it`s pretty easy to guess why and how) and since them most of what I`ve heard from them is pretty good.

what was this thread again?

Last edited:
Might I just add that AC/DC was an awesome band. And then Bon Scott choked on his own vomit.

I find Brian Johnsons to be a better singer. Back in Black is my favorite AC/DC album.

I'm actually quite pleased this thread is now about ZZ Top. :lol: When I was a youngun', all I had for music was my parents' tape player and their tape collection, and I basically just listened to The Traveling Wilburys 1&3, and Eliminator. To this day they remain three of my favorite albums of all time. ZZ Top FTW!

I'm actually quite pleased this thread is now about ZZ Top. :lol: When I was a youngun', all I had for music was my parents' tape player and their tape collection, and I basically just listened to The Traveling Wilburys 1&3, and Eliminator. To this day they remain three of my favorite albums of all time. ZZ Top FTW!

Hey! Get out of my parents' tape collection!!! :shakefist:

Hey! Get out of my parents' tape collection!!! :shakefist:

All our parents had the same tapes!

So, about those automobiles....

Finally got the sunvisors in my car fixed (factory warranty on a 4 year old car with 44k miles ftw), now I just need to repair the collision damage, change the oil, and probably should rotate the tires while I'm at it. Why does this sort of thing always happen all at once?

I always knew Texans didn't have any class or style, but this has got to be a new low. ZZ Top is a great band, legendary even. But to say things like that about AC/DC, frankly the awesomest, greatest and bestest band in existence, ever, shows a lack in taste and common sense.

AC/DC had the soundtrack for Maximum Overdrive, ZZ Top didn't. AC/DC is *the* band for Iron Man, ZZ Top isn't. AC/DC was the headliner for Monsters of Rock in Moscow 1991. Metallica wasn't and ZZ Top wasn't even there. Now we just need Gibbons to visit TG, drive the old Lacetti and it will be proven that AC/DC is even the faster band.

AC/DC > anything.

[video=youtube;u_4QQHyL-Wg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4QQHyL-Wg[/video]

Last edited:
So, back about automotive things.... When driving home last wednesday, about 15 kms before I got home the info display throws a warning at me about low coolant level. Since it's only 15km from home, I decide to wait untile I get home and investigate further there. When I get on the offramp (first time I need the power steering pump since I went on the highway) all of a sudden the info display starts flashing red CHECK ALTERNATOR STOP. Since it's only 400m from my house, I decide that stop now can wait 400m... The following morning (twas dark when I got home, and a quick check with a flashlight didn't reveal anything) I find a thumbnail sized hole in the waterpump where water is gushing out, and the pulley was all kinds of loose. Looks like the waterpump that made a bit of noise when I got the car and we decided to wait until next service to change it, didn't make next service...

If you listened to ZZ Top you would have had that fixed earlier.