Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

I got a 4.0 for Summer I! w00t.

Baylor divides the summer semester into threes for some reason (which is nice, because classes only last for like, a month): a Minimester (got a 4.0 in that class, too), Summer I, and Summer II.

My in-major GPA for Political Science shot up above the required minimum 2.0 to graduate again! This is the major that I had to take a lot of drop-fails in from illness, so it's been borked for a while. Now I'm out to fix that. :)

Graduating in December with a double-major, here I come! Yesssssss!!!

I got an A in both Verilog theory and lab! Wooohooo! I was only one of the two who got an A in either the lab and theory and the other student only got the A in the theory test!

The prof. was really tough and a DAMN GOOD one. Unfortunately this class would be my final class in the foreseeable future as I am done with my required units and I don't want to go to PhD right away.

Finally, I looooove Verilog!!!!

Just got an offer from a huge technology consulting company... now I've got to figure out whether I want to go there or not :hmm: :dunno:

Will they pay you a great salary? If yes, then go for it.

Just got an offer from a huge technology consulting company... now I've got to figure out whether I want to go there or not :hmm: :dunno:

If its SAP then do it. My dad works for them and he took me to Germany one of his trips. Heidelburg/Waldorf is a pretty solid area though a bit small for my tastes.

Pay's good, but I'd have to move to Frankfurt, so some of that goes towards increased cost of living. Additionally, I'd have to dress well :lmao:
I'm trying to compare it to a local company that is a bit more "my type", I think in the first year I'd make roughly 10k? more by going there - according to https://www.abgabenrechner.de in reality that's about 6-7k? more because of progressive income tax.

Don't go to Software Aus Pakistan, my cousin works with them and it's not worth it.

As a general rule, any company that forces engineers to wear suit and tie has a serious problem with corporate culture. A friend of mine who's an overweight metalhead (...and reads this forum, sorry, dude, but you are overweight!) and does not even own a suit works for a tech consulting/outsourcing company in Hamburg. Don't know if they're hiring, but if you're interested, i can PM you his contact.

Don't go to Software Aus Pakistan, my cousin works with them and it's not worth it.

As a general rule, any company that forces engineers to wear suit and tie has a serious problem with corporate culture. A friend of mine who's an overweight metalhead (...and reads this forum, sorry, dude, but you are overweight!) and does not even own a suit works for a tech consulting/outsourcing company in Hamburg. Don't know if they're hiring, but if you're interested, i can PM you his contact.
Lol @ SAP germany. The Americans can be as fat and slovenly as they want in Palo Alto. Just business casual is all that is required.

It's not the Walldorf people though :tease: while those do consulting as well I'd rather call them a software company.
As far as I know for me it'd be smart casual when in-house, formal business when with customers. They'll send over the contract details now, I'm still :dunno:

As a general rule, consultants should be only slightly overdressed for the company they're at. It's no use going full suit to a company that has little or no dress code, you'll look mighty out of place and people will think you're constantly trying to sell them something or that you think you're better than them. It's much better to go to the same level as the rest of the place, maybe a bit better to look extra sharp.

So I persuaded katwalk to come out of hiding. Only time will tell whether that is an achievement or monumental error of judgement.

Thanks for listening. You can now all go back to being awesome and successful!

I just got a very good score on the GRE. I changed my avatar to celebrate.

I managed to not cock-punch a guy in my Psychopathology course who used fucking Twilight in a class presentation. Yes, he did show a clip - for 10 fucking minutes.

And he didn't give Bella "I-can't-think-for-myself" no Axis II disorder. Dependent Personality Disorder is on page 729 of the DSM IV TR. Also, she's not just "depressed," she clearly has a Major Depression, Chronic, with Psychotic Features (covers her hallucinations and delusions).

Yeah, before the end of class I may be editing this to say that I cock-punched the guy who subjected me to this. He deserves to hand over his man-card and get kicked in the balls until his testicles are hanging out of each of his ears.

Yeah, before the end of class I may be editing this to say that I cock-punched the guy who subjected me to this. He deserves to hand over his man-card and get kicked in the balls until his testicles are hanging out of each of his ears.

Please do that for us, the humankind.

I took a 4 hour psychopathology midterm on Saturday; 16 videos of clinical interviews with clients I had to quickly diagnose and code. The last one the professor said would be very difficult, it was also the only interview that had to be introduced with the client's referral information. I had the correct diagnosis 30 seconds into the introduction.

I just got an email from my professor. 100%!