2010 Santander British Grand Prix

We need a Mclaren/RedBull supporter to post something. When we see a ''we'' used, we shall know it's not just Tifosi stuff.

And stop thinking that picking on people that actually support a team loyaly makes you look cool and sensible. Now back to topic.

Who said it was a Ferrari thing? I can understand using "we" in the context of a national team, or maybe at a push if they are, for example, your local football team from your home town. Using we to describe a team that isn't even in the same country is pushing it though.
What makes you think I don't support a team loyally?

So just to summarize your argument
w7o41g.jpg

Perhaps if I can prove 2 of my grandparents were Italian am I entitled to fully support Ferrari how the hell I want?
I'll go search for birth certificates and stuff.
Man, this bureaucracy nowadays, it kills me...

Last edited:
Perhaps if I can prove 2 of my grandparents were

Erm no. You are from Portugal, not from Italy, and as such you will never be Italian and are not entitled to call youself such. Using we makes no sense in F1, you are not part of the team, the racing isn't a national thing and there are no 'local' teams you would have in sport.

Well, I should have known that the McLaren, or rather, the Hamilton patrol would flip over my comments.

We aren't too far behind in the championships. We just need a few good results and we can get back in the chase. The Scuderia is fired up and as Domenicali said in his blog "we have to react calmly, remaining focussed and continuing to work in the way we did over the past few weeks." I think we Tifosi will have something to be happy about over the next few races and our team will rebound. ;)

edit:
Yeah Germans and norse europeans never quite understand what Passion really means, we know. But we feel as part of the team as the mechanic changing the tyre or the driver. There's no explaining, its a feeling, you have it or you dont. And germans generally dont.

Last edited:
Yeah Germans and norse europeans never quite understand what Passion really means, we know. But we feel as part of the team as the mechanic changing the tyre or the driver. There's no explaining, its a feeling, you have it or you dont. And germans generally dont.
I am aware of what you mean, I'm just a little disturbed that you lump together all Germans.

Well, I should have known that the McLaren, or rather, the Hamilton patrol would flip over my comments.

We aren't too far behind in the championships. We just need a few good results and we can get back in the chase. The Scuderia is fired up and as Domenicali said in his blog "we have to react calmly, remaining focussed and continuing to work in the way we did over the past few weeks." I think we Tifosi will have something to be happy about over the next few races and our team will rebound. ;)

I'm not a McLaren or Hamilton fan.
Using "we Tifosi" makes perfect sense as you are part of the Tifosi (much as I dislike the word, or any of these pretentious words to describe a group of supporters). Obviously makes sense for Domenicali as well as he is part of the team.

:lol:

All you guys are so entertaining when arguing.

To spice things up I can add that first person who's using "me" here on FG is McLaren supporter. Just check the older threads if you like.

I don't do it but is it such a problem if someone do? No.

For the record (and because of -rep coming my way), i would like to add that i never condemned using the "fan we" (as opposed to the "royal we"). For me, it makes more sense in a context where the team you support really feels it (as in the "twelfth man" situation of a soccer* stadium) so i would not use it on an internet board. This does not mean one can't or shouldn't support his team in front of a TV or on FinalGear. I'd just not use the "fan we" in that context, but even on that i never took any position.

It's fun how offended everyone got, even down to pulling stupid anti-german clich?s. I never said that Ferrari's problems are down to unwashed italians feasting on pasta and red wine for breakfast and being lazy or chasing girls afterwards instead of sitting down and doing their job in a precise, serious, german way.**

*as long as there are americans here, i'll stick with the unambiguous terminology)
**For those who don't get it, this is humour.

Last edited:
*as long as there are americans here, i'll stick with the unambiguous terminology)

Thank you for being polite, but we understand "Context" here in the colonies, you can football it up all you want.