No 56k: Surplus Cop Car Shopping; 56K gets cuffed and stuffed.

Yep. All those exotic sports cars used by the police in the US were seizers.

Not an exotic, but case in point:
IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

The (IIRC) King Ranch F350 in the background had the same sign on the back above the Mesquite PD livery.

Last edited:
Please tell me this isn't true! That would be some serious goverment waste, that no one can dispute! Of course if it was a local unit then it was local money being spent, not state or federal, so at least it's not MY cash. ;)

Some highway patrols bought 5.0 mustangs for car chases (Kansas IIRC). California famously had 39 Supercharged Camaro SS's for a while for a similar purpose.

Eep!

Usually rims mean "drive normally!"

Some highway patrols bought 5.0 mustangs for car chases (Kansas IIRC). California famously had 39 Supercharged Camaro SS's for a while for a similar purpose.

Yeah, we have a few non-seized current generation Mustangs as well. They're used when they tag team on the side of the highway as they need to get going from 0-60 fast.

The State of Michigan DNR (Department of Natural Resources) had a Lamborghini LM002 that was seized and used at the sand dunes in the late 80s. It would crack me up to see guys in their lifted trucks just drool over it.

The State of Michigan DNR (Department of Natural Resources) had a Lamborghini LM002 that was seized and used at the sand dunes in the late 80s. It would crack me up to see guys in their lifted trucks just drool over it.

LM002? wow

holy shit thats awesome

That's about my guesstimate from past trips to the junkyards. Add another $250 to that for a new carpet for the interior (after removing the old one whilst wearing gloves and a mask, followed by gasoline induced incineration of said carpet) and it'll pretty much be set for the interior save for little things like a real stereo, etc., etc.

Not entirely, and not even the majority. I'll post up the instructions a bit later. :D It involves the use of a dead tree repository known as a 'library'.

Was the trick simply to use the library's atlas to find all small towns in Texas with their own PD and call them all up to see whose cars were up for auction soon?

Was the trick simply to use the library's atlas to find all small towns in Texas with their own PD and call them all up to see whose cars were up for auction soon?

Getting close, and that's part of the method, but that takes even longer.

Just how long does it take? :blink:

A while, especially if you want it to be memorable and funny. And I'm currently working on client projects, so not a lot of time to write out a long article. :D

A friend of mine drove a Mazda Protege back in high school without a tach. It was a stick shift.

Bit tl;dr, but my car (manual) has no tacho- just a big speedo in the middle of the driver's side of the dash and a temp and fuel gauge on each side of it. Just have to shift, hill start, etc by ear. (will post a photo of it one day, definitely an instrument layout from the "simplicity" school of design!)

On-topic, glad you got the car you wanted Spectre, and I'm sorry to hear about why you have to get it. But like others have said, we are all wishing her the absolute best :)

Bit tl;dr, but my car (manual) has no tacho- just a big speedo in the middle of the driver's side of the dash and a temp and fuel gauge on each side of it. Just have to shift, hill start, etc by ear. (will post a photo of it one day, definitely an instrument layout from the "simplicity" school of design!)

Once you know what you are doing a tach isn't a necessity for daily driving.