Beer

End of History? Swedish brewer tells BrewDog to get Stuffed!

Posted on24 juli 2010. Tags: brewdog, Brygghund, End of History, world's strongest beer

Following the news this week that Scottish maverick brewers BrewDog have launched the world?s strongest beer ? a 55% ABV Blond Belgium ale inserted into dead stoats and squirrels ? a little known Swedish craft brewer has already gone one better.

Darr?n Packm?n, Head of Stuff at BryggHund Brewery near the paper factory in Obbola outside Ume? has shocked the beer world with the announcement he?s created a 60% ABV triple fermented Cascadian Hefeweizen and stuffed it up the rectum of an elk.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/07/24/End-of-the-Colon.jpg
An exclusive first look at one of only two End of the Colon bottles ever made!

Darr?n says he has torn up convention, blurred distinctions and pushed brewing and beer packaging to its limits when he created ?End of the Colon?.

?Those Scottish pretenders used a talented taxidermist to stuff roadkill wildlife. I just got my mate Tre?v?r to go out with his gun and shot a couple of elks. He stuffed them too. Tre?v?r enjoys doing things like that?.

Darr?n reveals that he tried inserting his beer into a number of other forms of Swedish wildlife before deciding on elks.

?I initially wanted to put the beer into a few Baltic herrings as we are quite famous up here in the north for them. But have you ever seen the size of a herring?s arsehole? It became clear pretty early on it was never going to work?.

?Then I thought about a lynx but these are pretty rare and even Tre?v?r?s not supposed to shot them. I did ask him to drive around the woods for a couple of nights hoping he?d knock one down so we could claim it as roadkill but to no avail.

?As a last resort I sent Tre?v?r dressed up as a wolf to Lycksele Animal Park to try and steal their lynx but the keepers spotted him and threw him into the wolf enclosure. He was in there the whole weekend before anyone noticed. To be honest Tre?v?r has never really been the same since?.

When asked whether it would be difficult to pour the beer from an 300 kg elk that stands over two metres tall Darr?n said ?possibly? but pointed out that the advantages of the beer up its bum far outweighed such a minor issue.

?At this high level of ABV I recommend you store ?End of the Colon? for at least a decade before drinking it. As you can imagine the elk won?t fit into any standard fridge but fortunately the ambient temperature up its arse is perfect for keeping the beer in prime condition for generations.

?I do recommend however that you store the beer standing up?, he quickly added.

(Update ? Both bottles of End of the Colon have now been sold to a wealthy Sheik. A source close to BeerSweden can reveal he was so impressed with it he has asked BryggHund to stuff some of it up a camel?s arse. More details will be posted as we get them).

http://www.beersweden.se/archives/4088

Todays beer is delicious despite being a light lager! People complain about the cost but I don't see why, it's far from being a Duvel (24,90 for 330ml). The furry creature is unimpressed.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/07/30/karlovacko.jpg

Karlovacko with a funny thing over the c from Croatia! 17,80/500 ml

Last edited:
LOL Swedish beer prices. I can walk into brewpub and have one of their speciality beers on tap for what you pay for a bottle of mass produced beer in the shop.

Oh it's not so bad compared to what they cost outside of the system (in restaurants/pubs). Had a Mariestad 50cl to the meal last week for the low cost of 65 SEK. Give me some examples of speciality beer. The Karlovacko costs about as much as bottled Coke.

I don't know what do you mean by example, it's usually some kind of a lager or weizen, only better. Sometimes they add some less usual ingredients like fruits, honey, whatever. The key feature is that they brew it small batches in the pub (or in some small brewery in the countryside) and it doesn't taste like a eurolager. And yeah, beer is usally cheaper than coke or even water in the pubs in Prague.

Aha. Weird. I've browsed some bordershops and internet sellers during the last hour to see whats out there, and there isnt much, altough what is is cheap if you pick it up yourself. If you don't transport the goods yourself, it gets tricky as excise tax and VAT is to be paid here. The sellers of course argue differently so you end up paying double taxes or risk the chance of the toll getting hands on your wet merchandise.

Forget the EU internal market, there is no ruling against Sweden saying that taxes have to be paid in the country of origin. Sweden lost the last time when the commission ruled that it was illegal to stop third partys from transporting the alcohol across the borders, but the ruling does not mention anything about taxes, so it's effectively moot. But to comfort me (or you? :lol:) it seems alcohol is more expensive in Finland and Ireland (!) than here. Of course that excludes Norway, the most expensive place (134% over EU average) but that's because the lazy norwegians earn a million kronor a day without doing anything. A pizza there is like 200. Or something. A car costs a billion. They can afford it.

Anyone ever heard of Maudite? It's brewed in quebec and it's been my favorite beer for a good solid year now.

I've never had a beer that tastes quite like it. Super good.

Hoznik! I bought another beer! Yes it's true.
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/08/02/3408891785_3462d202c5.jpg
I stole this picture from the internet

Krusovice Cerne with lots of little funny things ontop of the letters that I don't know how to pronounce. Cheapest beer on the list, 13,90 SEK/500ml, 4,4%. Looks like Coke, only more opaque. Tastes like Coke, but with alcohol, which is strange. It's good and easily drinkable but perhaps a bit weak and bland.

it's either smelling cigarettes or smelling the other people in the bar

i prefer cigarettes...

it could be a european thing, because most of the bars i go to, the people are usually well groomed and bathe, and smell quite decent.

enjoyed one of these the other day

4852455376_6f6cda3d0d.jpg

inBev makes Jupiler and Stella Artois, the main rivals for maes...

these pics were taken bij inBev personel

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

text
93% of the inhabitants of this city like the new Maes, the others work here

:lol:

inBev makes Jupiler and Stella Artois, the main rivals for maes...

these pics were taken bij inBev personel

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

text

:lol:

That's bloody brilliant ! :rofl: :rofl: , man, I pass Inbev at Leuven all the time, wish I was there to see that :rofl: :rofl: