2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

Quote of the Grand Prix Weekend (by M.Schumacher):
"We know certain drivers have certain views and then there is Rubens,"

Rubens is on a class of race drivers that is unique and very exclusive. It's not the fact he has raced more than anyone else in recorded history. He beat the Stig, and grants him a unique throne on motor racing.

This week on Top Gear: The Stig hands over a brown paper bag to Michael Schumacher.

Well that was much more interesting than I'm sure most were expecting. Happy to see Webber win and good that despite the dramas no one is heading away from the track in the back of an ambulance.

Sky reported that a pit crew member of the Williams team was hit by the tire gone wild and earned a broken rib. It can't have been too bad however, because he came back to the pits during the race and rejoined the crew for the next pit stops.

Ah man... if people are too conservative, then they're boring. If they try to defend, then they're crazy.
Forward a motion so Formula One is a time attack event and award the points after qualifying and that's it :D
There still are variations in "defending". Every driver is allowed to defend his position, but one should always leave the other guy room to survive. Schuey argued that there wasn't a crash so there must have been enough room to survive for Rubens. But there was a lot of luck involved here. Rubens could have touched the pit wall, their cars could have touched or, even worse, there could have been someone coming out of the pits at the time. And given the speed they were going, all three events could have been fatal for the involved.

If you look at the footage, it was a combination of driving skills combined with a good piece of luck that there was no crash. I am all for overtaking and more courage in doing so, but this was plain dangerous as well as unnecessary. Schuey himself said in his break from F1 that he always hated being overtaken and thus defended his positions to the last millimeter even when he knew he had no chance. And I admire and respect the man for such dedication. But when said behavior leads to highly dangerous high speed maneuvers like this one, my respect ends.

Last edited:
Or, you know, Rubens could have lifted and tried through the outside which is what most people would do and what Schumacher was expecting him to...
Anyway yeah nobody got hurt, it was the ONLY exciting thing that happened on the track today, and people are bitching about it! That's what pisses me off! Do you all want a parade from start to finish or something?

Last edited:
:eek:
Go tell that to Force India, Adrian Sutil and Nico Rosberg... You could even count Kubica as another casualty in my book, he didnt have any fault.

It was funny on the darker side cause nobody got injured, otherwise we'll be seeing a red flagged race. And i do think because the stupid wheel came off, Renault's lollipop man went WTF and dropped concentration forgetting that Sutil's coming in.

Schuey given grid drop for Spa: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85799 10-place drop for unsafe driving when being passed.
3) Schumacher: WTF as most has said here. I think a 10 place penalty for Spa is incoming.

Woot! I predicted correctly!

Or, you know, Rubens could have lifted and tried through the outside which is what most people would do and what Schumacher was expecting him to...
Anyway yeah nobody got hurt, it was the ONLY exciting thing that happened on the track today, and people are bitching about it! That's what pisses me off! Do you all want a parade from start to finish or something?

Or, with wheels overlapping, braking could have caused contact between their wheels and somersaulted one of them through the air at 180mph. Which would plainly have been Rubens' fault because he didn't go to the side Schumacher wanted him to, right?

Don't be an idiot.

Or you could stop talking non-sense.

Sky reported that a pit crew member of the Williams team was hit by the tire gone wild and earned a broken rib. It can't have been too bad however, because he came back to the pits during the race and rejoined the crew for the next pit stops.

The RTL noobs said he didn't get significantly hurt at all.

Webber winning and not Vettel, Alonso succeeding, Petrov getting fifth, McLaren failing, Hamilton out, mayhem in the pits and Schumacher demonstrating he has perfect eye measure equals a perfect race. All that was missing was rain. But I think we'll get plenty of that in Spa.

Did he?
Michael Schumacher said:
"Todays race must have been one of the hardest for me", Schumacher said. "The car was pretty loose at the limit and I fought my way through the race. Toward the end it was like driving on ice. Before the overtake maneuver of Rubens I hinted pretty early that I would go to the inside and simply didn't want to leave that line to him."
Source: http://www.formel1.de/de/3260/Mercedes%3A+Aufregung+in+und+neben+der+Boxengasse/newsID/1661488

Can you please stop selling your opinions and suggestions as fact?

No, but if I have to see more things like these I am not happy either. It was Mr. Schumacher himself who put a great deal of work into making this sport safer in terms of track as well as vehicle safety. That however doesn't give him the right to drive everyone who tries to overtake recklessly off the track.

On a sidenote, saying that this was an ok move from Schumacher because it was the only thing that happened in the race is pretty idiotic. And yes, I just said that because the giant piles of bullcrap you post in the F1 threads are so annyoing that it hurts really bad.

Yeah, but it matches with the mechanic getting back to work quickly - you won't do that with broken ribs.
I would suppose it was a partially fractured rib.

Last edited:
mpicco said:

Did he?
Michael Schumacher said:
"Todays race must have been one of the hardest for me", Schumacher said. "The car was pretty loose at the limit and I fought my way through the race. Toward the end it was like driving on ice. Before the overtake maneuver of Rubens I hinted pretty early that I would go to the inside and simply didn't want to leave that line to him."
Source: http://www.formel1.de/de/3260/Mercedes%3A+Aufregung+in+und+neben+der+Boxengasse/newsID/1661488

Can you please stop selling your opinions and suggestions as fact?

Can you stop and read what I wrote before going against me again and again in blind hate?
I said:
"Rubens could have lifted and tried through the outside"
Schumacher said:
"I hinted pretty early that I would go to the inside"

So follow me here ok? I'll go slow for you:
Schumacher hinted he would go for the inside line
What did that leave for Barrichello? The outside line. Exactly what I said.

Relax man. Stop and read before you just blow your steam on me. I know you don't like me, but get a grip.

I say again, I don't think it was that dangerous. To me both of them are a bit to blame, cos Schumacher was indeed showing that he was cutting the inside line from quite early on the straight. I thought it was exciting racing and about the only exciting thing that happened this race. Stewards think it deserves a 10 grid penalty, oh well. I don't share the opinion but I respect it.
Again, it's my opinion and not a fact. I think I'm entitled to put it out there. Feel free to disagree but calling me an idiot and telling me what I say is bullcrap is going a bit too far.

This was a fine race, don't wanna get into arguments here.

Last edited:
Can you stop and read what I wrote before going against me again and again in blind hate?
I said:
"Rubens could have lifted and tried through the outside"
Schumacher said:
"I hinted pretty early that I would go to the inside"

So follow me here ok? I'll go slow for you:
Schumacher hinted he would go for the inside line
What did that leave for Barrichello? The outside line. Exactly what I said.
You said:
If Schuey would expect Rubens to go for the outside line, why would he pull to the inside? He would leave the door wide open.

Relax man. Stop and read before you just blow your steam on me. I know you don't like me, but get a grip.
You know, everyone can get along with me. Everyone. I don't dislike people for whatever general reason, everyone gets more than one chance. But it's not in my hands rather than in yours. I'm not sure whether you realize that though...

I say again, I don't think it was that dangerous. To me both of them are a bit to blame, cos Schumacher was indeed showing that he was cutting the inside line from quite early on the straight. I thought it was exciting racing and about the only exciting thing that happened this race. Stewards think it deserves a 10 grid penalty, oh well. I don't share the opinion but I respect it.
Again, it's my opinion and not a fact. I think I'm entitled to put it out there. Feel free to disagree but calling me an idiot and telling me what I say is bullcrap is going a bit too far.
Regarding that I have seen a respectable number of good posts in non-F1-threads of you, I stand by my statement. And yes, of course you are entitled to your opinion, everyone is. Yet, your opinion often isn't based on fact rather than feeling or opinion, which you also do not indicate. And you are judgemental of people.

Last edited:
You said:If Schuey would expect Rubens to go for the outside line, why would he pull to the inside? He would leave the door wide open.

Exactly, and which line is the slower? Schumy was trying to make him run wide (in my opinion) so Barrichello would lose in the following acceleration battle (this is how I see it and it's a totally personal opinion and not a fact), so let's agree to disagree and call it quits?

Anyway I have a new theory about this whole incident. Give me a minute, gonna do some image editing.

Last edited:
About the Barrichello/Schumacher incident, Schuey should have closed the gap when it was a gap, not when the gap was full of car.

Exactly what I was thinking about it. Whole incident reminds me a bit of the last lap of the ALMS race at Laguna Seca last year between the Flying Lizard Porsche and the Corvette.

Crash is at about 8:07

There is racing hard and defending your line and then there is doing something stupid and dangerous like what Schumacher did today. Thankfully nobody was hurt in either situation.

Exactly, and which line is the slower? Schumy was trying to make him run wide (in my opinion) so Barrichello would lose in the following acceleration battle (this is how I see it and it's a totally personal opinion and not a fact)
... which would be a good idea if Rubens wouldn't have had the pace to actually overtake him on the straight, which he had. In a break-to-overtake battle into the corner I would agree with you. But this wasn't one.