North Korean Car Ad - another fine communist product

I can feel the soul of Stalin in this fine automobile.
Jeremy, Richard and James you must find one of these and Piano it like your Morris Marina's.
but at least drive it around first and make fun of it please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmhTKDqrEDo

Gato

First gen FIAT Palio!
I have the hatch version of these. Built in Brazil, of course...but looks the same.

Last edited:
1) 7 min. commercial, is that some kind of korea TV shop?
2) Why do North korea have 8 lane motorway?
3):lol::lol::lol:

Why are communists so attracted to old miserable Italian cars?

2) Why do North korea have 8 lane motorway?

For the same reason America and Germany do. To move resources for war.

The Interstate Highway System was authorized by the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956[8] ? popularly known as the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act of 1956 ? on June 29. It had been lobbied for by major U.S. automobile manufacturers and championed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who was influenced by his experiences as a young Army officer crossing the country in the 1919 Army Convoy on the Lincoln Highway, the first road across America. Eisenhower also had gained an appreciation of the German Autobahn network as a necessary component of a national defense system while he was serving as Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe during World War II.[9] In addition to facilitating private and commercial transportation, it would provide key ground transport routes for military supplies and troop deployments in case of an emergency or foreign invasion.

DPRK is just a nation waiting to go to war, apparently with old FIATs

Compare that to a South Korean car commercial in a comparable market.

Why do they advertise cars anyway? Only the Dear Leader can drive and if you read up, he lapped the Nurburgring in under 5 minutes, on that very same car!

(if you have no idea about what I'm talking about and the extent of indoctrination that the Koreans are subjected to, please watch this very interesting documentary: http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3 . If you know what I'm talking about and haven't seen it, it's very interesting anyway.)

Why do they advertise cars anyway? Only the Dear Leader can drive and if you read up, he lapped the Nurburgring in under 5 minutes, on that very same car!

Exactly, and that car has actually been designed by him from the ground up.

It also explains why it kind of resembles Kim Jong Il, too.