Bicycles!

I'm in the process of building myself a custom cruiser bike. I'm pretty stoked because I think it's going to look super cool when I'm done. I've got leather grips and a leather saddle for it with big chrome ape hanger bars. I want to get some chrome rims with white walls for it too.

I'll post pictures when it's finished.

It's no high end bike, but I have a beach cruiser. I bought it used for $25. (sold new for $400) I got it from a beach rental place that was getting rid of old bikes that needed too much work. I had to repaint it, grease the wheel bearings, new bottom bracket bearings, and new tires.

It's not the best pic but you get the idea.

mms_picture-13.jpg

I got a second one and did the same thing but added new wheels, basket, and a motor system. It's great for getting to the store to get milk and such.

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

Excuse me while I vent here.

The seller of the above mentioned bike appears to be a douche. At first I offered him 280 EUR for the bike, he rejected this, telling me the asking price is a fixed price, no bidding allowed. So I agreed to pay the asking price, and I would come by on tuesday. Just checked my mail now, I got an e-mail from him, saying he sold the bike to someone else who wanted to pay more than the asking price. While I can understand more money = better, DONT TELL ME WE HAVE AGREED ON A FIXED PRICE AND THEN SUDDENLY SELL IT TO SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT GIVING ME A CHANCE.

AD5Oq.gif
:blowup:

Right, so, I guess I have to find a different bike. Does anyone have any experience with Haibike and/or Cube frames?

Last edited:
I think so too, e-mail is a written agreement. But I really don't wanna go there, I'm just pissed as hell at the moment.

Last edited:
i'm thinking about getting myself one of these:
rahmen_roadrace_large.jpg

of course in a different colour (very wide choice there, practically anything is possible, any thoughts?)
everything ultegra and for less than 1000eur. no worries about dodgy quality, the thing is actually a dr?ssiger underneath afaik and my old bike's still going great :p

Last edited:
The pedals are missing.

yes i know, but the thing actually comes with pedals :p

I dig the white actually.

I think it looks good as well.

damn it! :p
can't do that, sorry... too many people going around on white "vortrieb" bikes. it's practically a fashion-object.
that's why i didn't want to get one of their bikes at first, but since their frames are actually made by the same company that made my current bike and their prices are... well... very reasonable... i can't really resist :D

i actually like matte colours very much. those three for example i think are rather nice:
farbe_nachtblaumatt.jpg
farbe_graphitgrau_matt.jpg
farbe_sparklingironmatt.jpg

also, the stuff that's gonna be on it:
- full ultegra componentry
- mavic aksium wheels with continental grandprix 4000 tires
- ritchey comp RR ... thingies

Last edited:
i actually like matte colours very much.

Focale44 offers a few singlespeeds in light and and dark matte grey and in matt green, they all look brilliant. I think you can't go wrong with any of your choices.. except the one on the right looks a bit sparkly, but could be the picture.

Focale44 offers a few singlespeeds in light and and dark matte grey and in matt green, they all look brilliant. I think you can't go wrong with any of your choices.. except the one on the right looks a bit sparkly, but could be the picture.

yeah i think it's supposed to since it's called "sparkling iron" :p
can't buy anything i haven't seen on a real bike though, so i'll definitely head over to their place and have a look at as many colours as possible (rather small place, hopefully they have a few...).

So I was looking for an acceptable road bike for ?300, was assured that it couldn't be done.

In at ?30 under budget it's the Decathlon Sport 1

asset_16735683.jpg

A hundred or so miles later i'm convinced, the difference between this and a ?500 bike is really not worth the ?230 extra!

I don't know why, but I have the sudden urge to set this thread on fire.

Maybe it's the last cyclist who slapped my mirror and punched my fender after I made it a point to stay out of his bike lane and let him cross in front of me before I turned.

I don't know why, but I have the sudden urge to set this thread on fire.

Maybe it's the last cyclist who slapped my mirror and punched my fender after I made it a point to stay out of his bike lane and let him cross in front of me before I turned.
Shoulda "accidentely" run him down, they make the rest of us look like cocks.

Shoulda "accidentely" run him down, they make the rest of us look like cocks.

Yep.

I hate those asshats with a passion. Just like most college kids give people the impression that I'm lazy and apathetic. Oh, wait...er...

But seriously, those fuckers need to get bent.

Ok, could we please stop that discussion right there in its tracks? The subject of cyclist behavior towards motorists (and subsequent stream of hate) has been dragged through enough threads, including a nearly weekly revival in the Stupid Drivers thread. I think going through the same spiel in this thread isn't necessary.

I don't even understand why Blind would post that in here, but tbh it reminds me of that one time thedguy barged into the motorbike thread and had a hissy fit because California bikers wouldn't acknowledge his courtesy.

utility_pure_zwart_heren.jpg

I'm in love. Too bad I have no real use for a city bike.

In other news, I did some research upon Cube and have found pretty positive reviews, their frames are very rigid, components used are decent. So I did some looking round and found a nice Analog. While it has v-brakes rather than disc brakes, it shares many similar Shimano components with the Giant I was looking to buy earlier. It is also alot younger than the Giant which was 8 years.

Lets just hope this seller is more decent than the other one.

Ok, could we please stop that discussion right there in its tracks? The subject of cyclist behavior towards motorists (and subsequent stream of hate) has been dragged through enough threads, including a nearly weekly revival in the Stupid Drivers thread. I think going through the same spiel in this thread isn't necessary.

I don't even understand why Blind would post that in here, but tbh it reminds me of that one time thedguy barged into the motorbike thread and had a hissy fit because California bikers wouldn't acknowledge his courtesy.

Maybe because this is, above all other things, a forum for motorists and motoring-related activities. And I just spent the better part of a week driving around a city where pedestrians and motorists have one thing in common - the utter hatred of self righteous cyclists. These people make Prius owners look humble.

Maybe it's the cyclists who constantly run red lights and stop signs in front my car and then shout profanities at me for nearly hitting them. Maybe it's the fact that the law in most states requires a minimum payout to a cyclist involved in a collision with a licensed vehicle - regardless of fault (in Utah it's $1300) yet cyclists carry no insurance of their own. Maybe it's the dipshit fixie riders who tear down sidewalks and through cross walks in front turning cars or cross traffic like they are invulnerable.

Maybe it's Critical Mass.

Maybe it's because these dickheads make me hate all cyclists with a deep, seething, burning passion because nine out of ten times I see a cycle on the road it's being ridden by a complete fuck-stick.

^We're not all bad :(.

I will admit, most the the offenders are roadbikers, and I ain't one of them, so hate on them as much as you like. But I'm very curtious when it comes to biking on the road. Even though I do have the right of way (in BC at least) I won't always take it, because I am a driver too, and I know how frustrating bikers can be.