MMA anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
117 in a few days.

Chael is gonna trash talk an unbelievable amount should he win. Also Fitch/Alves 2 finally, let's hope it doesn't get cancelled again, Fitch apparently wants to stand with Alves, I hope for his sake that he is bluffing cos Thiago will maul him on the feet,

Also Hughes Vs Almeida, Matt Hughes is a cocky son of a bitch and there isn't really muich left for him to do, so I hope Almeida wins, cos he could be a foce at 170 if he plays his cards right.

Then there's Dos Santos/Nelson, JDS should end it early if it stays standing but Nelson could be very dangerous on the ground. I want JDS to win. Though if Nelson wins I'm going to laugh at the big man haters on Sherdog as they iwill nevitably go berserk.

My money is on Nelson, I'm not that impressed with Dos Santos and I think he's mostly hype like Cain is. I think a lot of people look at Roy and see another Paul Buentello, and I believe he's going to piss off a lot of people on saturday.

Can I interest you in a friendly one week sig bet? (If this is against the rules, then I withdraw.) If Nelson wins, you can choose anything you like (so long as it's not insulting) and I will use it as my sig, vice versa, should Dos Santos win, I choose a sig which you use.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've been spending time on Bloody Elbow. Very well, I accept.

EDIT: I've already got one picked out for you.

"Right leg hospital, left leg cemetery..." And how's that been working out for ya?

gonzagawins.gif

Last edited:
I've never been to Bloody Elbow actually. I do post on Sherdog though.

As a Cro Cop fan, I died a little inside when Gonzaga blasted Mirko.

I accept, I'll return when I think of something for your sig.

so to the un-initiated then, is this UFC? somebody want to give a 101 idiots guide or something. my only taste of this came with a demo of UFC Undisputed 2009 and i honestly had no idea what was going on.

The UFC is simply the most well known MMA org, there are a lot more out there like Strikeforce and the now deunct Pride.

MMA or mixed martial arts, to give it it's full title, is as the title says it combines all of various combat sports into one, boxing, muay thai, wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu etc. As such the diversity of styles is immense and fighters nowadays have to train pretty much all these aspects, where it gets interesting is how they combine each in different quantities to make up their own individual style.

If you want to see really good MMA fights to give you a better idea, I would recommend picking up the UFC's best of 2007 DVD as it full of high quality fights across pretty much evety weight class and should give you a feel for what the sport is all about. If you would prefer to see some stuff online, I can PM you and send you in the direction of some sites which host fight video.

The UFC is simply the most well known MMA org, there are a lot more out there like Strikeforce and the now deunct Pride.

MMA or mixed martial arts, to give it it's full title, is as the title says it combines all of various combat sports into one, boxing, muay thai, wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu etc. As such the diversity of styles is immense and fighters nowadays have to train pretty much all these aspects, where it gets interesting is how they combine each in different quantities to make up their own individual style.

If you want to see really good MMA fights to give you a better idea, I would recommend picking up the UFC's best of 2007 DVD as it full of high quality fights across pretty much evety weight class and should give you a feel for what the sport is all about. If you would prefer to see some stuff online, I can PM you and send you in the direction of some sites which host fight video.

and here i was thinking you lot talking about Strikeforce and it was part of the UFC (my assmumption it was what Monday Night Raw is to WWE, this is how new to it i am). mostly i'd just settle for something thats entertaining, i'll keep a eye out for the Best of 2007 UFC video but if you know of anything good to watch on the net or youtube then i'd appreciate that as well.

Been keepeing an eye on the weigh ins, Alves failed to make weight by half a pound. Although i like him I think he needs a few more fights before being given another title shot, since his last fight was against GSP, as for Fitch, he would deserve it, he has stayed unbeaten since losing to GSP. Also be interested to see how he Alves manages he tends to not do so great after a long layoff, so ring rust might be his downfall.

I think Alves' chances of getting a title shot are quite slim now that he missed weight. He would have to win super impressively to get even close.

Herw we go, main card has finally started, this better be worth staying up all night for.

Dos Santos Vs Nelson up first, hope Roy has something sig worthy to say.

anyone have a site to watch online from?

Roy displayed a good chin and heart, but was ultimately outstruck soundly over 3 rounds.

Should I remove the link then? I mean isn't downloading top gear illegal as well? Anyway, predictions on Hughes v. Almeda?

Give me a couple of hours, it's late (3.45 am here.) and my head is a little cloudy. :lol:

I'll come up with something for the sig by the time the card is over.

Also i'm going with Almeida, want to say submission but a decision is more likely.

Last edited:
Should I remove the link then? I mean isn't downloading top gear illegal as well?

I removed it for you and Top Gear is broadcast free over the air. MMA is not.

I removed it for you and Top Gear is broadcast free over the air. MMA is not.

Yeah, Zuffa would sue the shit out of FG if they found out that people were providing links for UFC programming on here and that would suck royally.

Damn, Hughes choked Almeida out and started it off with a hook, never seen Hughes show that kind of power before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.