What car maker are you most angry with?

Oh... and also Volvo for killing off the R line.

I'm peeved at Volvo for looking more like Hyundai than Volvo recently. Seriously, they need to stick a paper bag on those faces. :yucky: Not a fan. I miss the turbobricks--at least they were distinctive from all the other cars on the road.

On this note, Mitsubishi needs to bring back Ralliart, too. :mad:

Last edited:
DAF For being involved with Volvo, and causing the abominations that is FWD Volvo with the 440, 460, 480.

PRV Replacing real Volvo engines with french sillyness, and providing DeLorean with the underpowered boat anchor of a V6.

Toyota For making cars as exciting as buying kitchen appliances, it's like going to a general store and asking for 5 feet of car.

France For making cars, thankfully i'm not a mechanic, and haven't had to fiddle with the mechanics, but the logic used in these cars are mind boggeling, when we have to find the paint code to fix the body on a peugeot, renault or citroen, it's like setting out on an epic quest.
Actually locating the paint code is like finding the holy grail, the type of logic for placing them is as logic as having to open the left back door, and front right door at the same time, while licking the sidewindow, then run five laps around the car backwards, shout viva la france 4 times while spinning counter clockwise, and the paintcode will be delivered by jet powered unicorns with go faster stripes, wearing a beret, they'll only give you the paintcode if your underwear looks like the french flag.

BMW For making the X series of cars, as it weren't bad enaough that BMW started making bland boring cars, they also had to make the bland boring cars even more idiotic, tall stupid things driven by "rich" people that walk around with their nose in the air, acting like Mercedes owners pretty much.

France For making cars, thankfully i'm not a mechanic, and haven't had to fiddle with the mechanics, but the logic used in these cars are mind boggeling, when we have to find the paint code to fix the body on a peugeot, renault or citroen, it's like setting out on an epic quest.
Actually locating the paint code is like finding the holy grail, the type of logic for placing them is as logic as having to open the left back door, and front right door at the same time, while licking the sidewindow, then run five laps around the car backwards, shout viva la france 4 times while spinning counter clockwise, and the paintcode will be delivered by jet powered unicorns with go faster stripes, wearing a beret, they'll only give you the paintcode if your underwear looks like the french flag.

I lol'd
But this must be recent. Whenever I scratch my car, I just ask for "Renault 19 green" and it's always the same...

I lol'd
But this must be recent. Whenever I scratch my car, I just ask for "Renault 19 green" and it's always the same...

you must have been lucky then, and where i worked, it wasn't a brand painter, we painted any car, so we had to look up the recipe for each color, and each color has about minimum 2 variations of the same color, and you have to get the right one to not get a color difference, VAG has prolly 10 variations of each color, i hate it.

Toyota I am not angry with, I just pity them for their boring lineup.

What annoys me is Mercedes Benz. They need to stop doing what they do right now and go back to building cars which scream "GET OUT OF THE WAY POOR PERSON". Take the "new" C-Class. Rip off badges, put on Lexus badge, noone would notice. I want square, wide cars back.

Who I am angry with the most are those fuckers dreaming up new safety rules every day. Yup, them guys sitting in the EU and whatnot and dreaming out more pathetic ways to protect people Darwin (for the Americans: Jesus) wants out of the evolution (for the Americans: Heaven). "LET'S MAKE ALL CARS ROUND AND SQUISHY SO WHEN RETARDO MCSTUPIDPANTS WALKS ONTO THE AUTOBAHN HE DOESN'T GET HURT OH AND IT MUST GET 300MPG AND NOT GO OVER 20 MPH BECAUSE THAT IS DANGEROUS!". Most of all I hate them for taking away popup headlights and the Mercedes star on the hood. Dear EU bureaucrats: FUCK OFF WE ALL HATE YOU!

Reactions: 47
The funny thing is that with all the Euro emphasis on pedestrian safety in external car design, the only conclusion the rest of us can come to is that Europeans are too stupid to get out of the way of cars. :mrgreen:

You're getting hit by a CAR, nothing's going to help you! What next, pedestrian-safe trains? :p

Last edited:
Not true - the F355, F360, F430, 550, 575, 599 GTB and even the 612 Scaglietti all had/have 6-speed manual transmission as options. Not many were ordered with a manual, but it was offered. Save it for the 550 which to my understanding came only with a manual gearbox.
Bolded cars are not in production anymore and are, therefore, irrelevant.

Currently Ferrari makes 5 cars:
-458 - no manual option
-California - manual option
-599 GTO - no manual option
-599 GTB - manual option
-612 - no manual option

So the sportiest/fastest models are not available with a manual. Yay.

The funny thing is that with all the Euro emphasis on pedestrian safety in external car design, the only conclusion the rest of us can come to is that Europeans are too stupid to get out of the way of cars. :mrgreen:

You're getting hit by a CAR, nothing's going to help you! What next, pedestrian-safe trains? :p

To be fair neither are americans since they love to jump out into the road in front of me in the dark and bullshit. One day they'll get hit and will learn round cars will not make you much less dead. Maybe you will win a coma, I think I like dead better.

Not angry with car makers as such, more car buyers who are buying more and more shopping trolleys with Kia or Hyundai badges, Holden Barina, Viva, or whatever other useless Korean shit they can find for under $15000. Cars that dont really make the grade, but are probably good enough.

Toyota I am not angry with, I just pity them for their boring lineup.

What annoys me is Mercedes Benz. They need to stop doing what they do right now and go back to building cars which scream "GET OUT OF THE WAY POOR PERSON". Take the "new" C-Class. Rip off badges, put on Lexus badge, noone would notice. I want square, wide cars back.

Who I am angry with the most are those fuckers dreaming up new safety rules every day. Yup, them guys sitting in the EU and whatnot and dreaming out more pathetic ways to protect people Darwin (for the Americans: Jesus) wants out of the evolution (for the Americans: Heaven). "LET'S MAKE ALL CARS ROUND AND SQUISHY SO WHEN RETARDO MCSTUPIDPANTS WALKS ONTO THE AUTOBAHN HE DOESN'T GET HURT OH AND IT MUST GET 300MPG AND NOT GO OVER 20 MPH BECAUSE THAT IS DANGEROUS!". Most of all I hate them for taking away popup headlights and the Mercedes star on the hood. Dear EU bureaucrats: FUCK OFF WE ALL HATE YOU!

Leave the EU. Hell they are siphoning your money away to God knows where anyway.

BMW- for making not-BMW products. No offering of USDM M5 station wagon, ever, removing the manual option from the bigger V8 powered 5ers, making cars fatter than needed and the original iDrive. But, they're improving.

GM and Chrysler- duh. They should have been killed a long time ago. Someone else could do a better job producing Corvettes and Vipers anyway.

Mercedes Benz- trading quality for profit, no manuals in any cars outside of SLK and C, consistent unreliability

Fiat Group- Killing Lancia's awesomeness, making fat Alfas, not bringing either over here (and probably not for a while), Ferrari and their flappy paddle heads- since when did aerodynamics matter? I believe the Mr. Enzo only cared that they were pretty and none of the cars they make today are pretty (striking yes, but not pretty)- they're German; designed in zee vind tunnel zu makximze effizenzy.

Audi- no manual option on A4s or TTs. The Q7. Withholding awesome cars from USDM- RS2, RS6, etc.

BL- for bollocksing up quality across the line, making a dog's breakfast of nearly everything, their assembly line workers

That's it for now.

To be fair neither are americans since they love to jump out into the road in front of me in the dark and bullshit. One day they'll get hit and will learn round cars will not make you much less dead. Maybe you will win a coma, I think I like dead better.

Yes, but in the US we consider them "too stupid to live" and leave things as they are. Only in Europe are (apparently) those who are too stupid to live given special treatment and protective measures with regards to cars so they live to breed more people who are too stupid to live.

Idk we have seatbelt laws in my state, I'd rather they go through the windshield.

Idk we have seatbelt laws in my state, I'd rather they go through the windshield.

That's a different idea than trying to protect pedestrians that decide to jump out in front of a moving car. Also, seatbelts do more than restrain you in a crash. :p

Mercedes for ruining one of the best motorsports series of all times - the glorious old DTM.

True. But there are far less pedestrians in the states. Except for a few of the very large cities, the rest of America is quite rural and lazy. Last night, Saturday around 7 p.m., I went for a walk in the capitol city of WV - Charleston. Not a single soul was walking on the sidewalks, except me. There were tons of cars driving around...but no one was walking. It was a really sad sight - all the small shops and cafe's on the main street that had gone out of business, simply because people stopped walking.

But I'm going off topic here.

It's more likely that they were out of business because they got their business eaten by chains. Pretty much every smaller business around here is gone no matter where they were located. Half of the entire strip mall in my town is gone and there is more than enough parking for it.

True. But there are far less pedestrians in the states. Except for a few of the very large cities, the rest of America is quite rural and lazy. Last night, Saturday around 7 p.m., I went for a walk in the capitol city of WV - Charleston. Not a single soul was walking on the sidewalks, except me. There were tons of cars driving around...but no one was walking. It was a really sad sight - all the small shops and cafe's on the main street that had gone out of business, simply because people stopped walking.

But I'm going off topic here.

New York City. And we don't implement Euro-type pedestrian safety even there.

As for all the shops and cafes - recently I saw a rural cafe that showed some of the reasons why they're closed - they had a nice big sign painted on the window, indicating the cafe name that also said "We do not accept debit or credit cards." Right next to that, in the middle of a weekday, when they should have been prepping for the evening crowd in this small town, was the Closed sign, and out front was a sign indicating that the place was for sale.

Adapt or die.

Last edited:
To be fair neither are americans since they love to jump out into the road in front of me in the dark and bullshit.
Uhh... I don't think that you can blame a pedestrian for "jumping out into the road in front of you" unless they are actually suicidal.