FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the full course. Lemons usually runs the west half only, which is decidedly simpler and much harder on the hardware.

It looks like a damned straight line compared to Summit Point.
Oh wow... yeah, that's like, what, 4 corners?

Are we going to have a camera or a place to mount a camera in the car? I have a GoPro (old non HD) but last time I tried it it didn't work. I may be able to borrow another.

We almost had video last time. Didn't have time to mount it up, though.

At a bare minimum, Q has a bullet cam (SD?) for in the cockpit, and I'll be bringing along the ill-advised Bumpercam (quasi-HD, sort of) which got mounted last time, but I forgot to turn it on until I was already strapped in - and gave the wrong instructions.

Bumpercam, in all its most-forward-part-of-the-car glory.

Last edited:
Well we did have in car video, it was just from inside the wrong car and was pointed at the roof.

In other news, I'm planning on driving in this one. For real this time!

*laughs*

I shall live vicariously through v0od0o.

Hey, that sorta rhymes. :p Well, even if I can't race, I'll see what else I can add to the fund.

Still might make it out to the race, but this time, I'll bring a proper GPS. :p

That's the full course. Lemons usually runs the west half only, which is decidedly simpler and much harder on the hardware.
It looks like a damned straight line compared to Summit Point.

Mind you, we won't know for sure on the active layout until the driver's meeting at the earliest (and green flag at the latest). For example, I've never seen that tire chicane in any other video (10 bucks says "it sounded like a good idea at the time, and then someone went head on through it")

We have 4 more of the good ones, and then some indestructible, 600-treadwear all seasons. It'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.
Looks like my kinda track, to be honest.

I've been looking a bit further at all the costs involved into coming to the event and it's gone from "I'm definitely coming" to "Fuck, I don't think I'll be able to make it" :-(

LeMons just flat out isn't cheap, even if you're just a crew member. This last race wasn't nearly as bad thanks to Quiky letting me stay at his house, but at the previous one I spent $200 alone on a hotel room I hardly got to use. When you figure in gas or air fare plus food and lodging it really adds up.

LeMons just flat out isn't cheap, even if you're just a crew member. This last race wasn't nearly as bad thanks to Quiky letting me stay at his house, but at the previous one I spent $200 alone on a hotel room I hardly got to use. When you figure in gas or air fare plus food and lodging it really adds up.

Yeah, when it gets down to it, I'd rather sleep in a car, or a trailer, or a tent at the track than pay for a bloody hotel room.

And really it's not LeMons that isn't cheap. It's racing - and by extension any hobby that requires you to travel to random places around the country to participate.

Yeah, when it gets down to it, I'd rather sleep in a car, or a trailer, or a tent at the track than pay for a bloody hotel room.

Mmhmm. If you had camped at Nelson Ledges like I did, you'd sing a different tune.

An interesting casualty from the LeMons race at Thunderhill this past weekend.

brakes%20gone%20bad.jpg

Not only did the rotor split in half but it also tore the caliper in half when it exploded.

:blink: Never seen that before. Love the note.

There was also a car (or maybe that's the same one) that dropped a caliper and punched a hole in another team's fuel tank with it.

We almost had video last time. Didn't have time to mount it up, though.

At a bare minimum, Q has a bullet cam (SD?) for in the cockpit, and I'll be bringing along the ill-advised Bumpercam (quasi-HD, sort of) which got mounted last time, but I forgot to turn it on until I was already strapped in - and gave the wrong instructions.

Bumpercam, in all its most-forward-part-of-the-car glory.

Problem with the keycam is, at an 8gb mem card you have an hour of video and charge, so you are only getting that much till the 2 hour recharge.

Also that doesn't look very stable D: bit of a good quality velcro under layer and it sticks fine :D

Problem with the keycam is, at an 8gb mem card you have an hour of video and charge, so you are only getting that much till the 2 hour recharge.

Also that doesn't look very stable D: bit of a good quality velcro under layer and it sticks fine :D

Actually, that was on there stabler than my regular velcro mount for it is. Due to its limitations, it's not the IDEAL thing to be using, but it's a damn sight better than dangling something that actually costs money off the front bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.