FinalGear Ringmeet 2010 - 14th-15th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a full license first. It ain't good if you go and can't drive :p

Obviously. :)

I'm working hard(-ish) to getting it, although I may not be a good enough driver by this time next year to be comfortable on a track (we'll see). Perhaps 2 years from now.

Yeah, a guy who has had his AMERICAN license for a year will do just fine on the Ring :p

?38 to watch some cars? Screw that.
some cars:
(just an excerpt from what I remember my friend telling me)
large amounts of GT40s, some of them original LeMans cars
detomaso panteras (yes, plural, last time there were 3 racing and another 8 or so in the parking lot)
Porsche 904, 907, etc.
Lotus 17s

Hell, they have an entire class just for Formula 1 cars from the 70ies. My personal highlights the last time I went were the gullwing Benz doing crazy position battles with a 356, and most of all the M?cke Motorsport Capri RS which sounds and goes sort of like a WW2 fighter plane.

I?m not going to try to convince anyone to spend more money than they planned, but at the OGP you can see more automotive awesomeness than most people see in a lifetime! I?ve been there twice and it was always awesome. The last 3 years I?ve desperately been trying to go, but other things always got in the way.

A friend of mine has been to quite a lot of these sort of events, and he says it?s second only to the goodwood festival of speed...

I could just use DanRoM's Focus as a mule.
And I thought my days as mule were over when I sold my Passat and purchased the sweet little compact car. :p ;)

@ Oldtimer GP on Saturday: ? 38 is not that cheap, but well, since the Ringmeet is practically my summer holiday, I'd be up for it.

And fail.
The Ibiza is down.
Drove out of our driveway, CRACK, something under the seat (of the SEAT) failed, car is in the shop now. I hope I get it running until Friday, otherwise parents car + no lapping time for me :((

That sucks... But if it?s just a part of the seat that broke it should be a quick fix...

? 38 is not that cheap, but well, since the Ringmeet is practically my summer holiday, I'd be up for it.

That?s how I see it.
I also forgot to mention that some of the people who drive these cars turn up in stuff like F50ies and McLaren F1s. And if you?re still not convincedthere?s this from 2008 http://www.avd.de/ogpracing/fotos/2008/galerie/index.htm, and this from 2009: http://www.avd.de/ogpracing/Bildergalerie/Rennen/index.htm

if you brought it to a Seat dealer, I?m reasonably sure they?ll want to sell you a new Seat seat...

"G'day Sir, what can I do for you?"
"Hello. My seat broke!"
"Okay. What part of you Seat broke?"
"Well ... the seat!"
"Yes, but what on the Seat?"
"Ummm ... the seat?!"

Can I occupy the passenger seat for one lap? :wub:

EDIT: scrap that, I won't be there on Sunday. :(

Driving with MXM in an orange Lotus. WHAT COULD GO WRONG.

Dibs on ride. :p

I called swek, he tries to be there, too. The question is if he's coming with me (I'll be starting Friday in the morning, he doesn't know if he will get a day off from work) or by train, but he will clear it up tomorrow.

Last edited:
DanRom, the later you are in the queue the more likely you are to crash. :p

Remember last year when MXM was around? Orange Exige into wall......

Status
Not open for further replies.