2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Whats there left to do on it (the car)?

As of this moment:

Install front seats and Lincoln console
Install Mercury Grand Marquis door panels and dashboard accents (turns out Town Car ones don't fit without extensive modification) - which I am about to leave to go pull from the junkyard now.
Strip and replace carpet
Strip and replace headliner; add optional domelight with map lights
Locate and install better OEM head unit (so someone looking inside doesn't see an aftermarket stereo and immediately realize what the car is) and install real speakers
Replace all four shocks with new OEM ones.
Install the 'new' headlights pictured above.
Refit strobe light system and connect to hazard lights/switch (stock Ford hazards suck)
Install alarm with RKE, connect to original police siren on pushbar (I guarantee nobody's going to ignore that alarm siren)
Install second battery in trunk with cutoff
Install new pursuit rated tires
Edit: Forgot this one - install antennae and grommets to cover holes in body where equipment was removed and fit a CB radio to justify antenna farm.

Other than that, just normal maintenance things, like oil, filters, lubricant changes, etc., etc.

:lmao: You make me want to get a P71

I don't think the driver was expecting the Crown Vic to push him to 60+ over that three block interval, even though he had accepted my offer of a push. :D The passenger was clearly terrified. :D

Last edited:
I don't think the driver was expecting the Crown Vic to push him to 60+ over that three block interval, even though he had accepted my offer of a push. :D The passenger was clearly terrified. :D

Must have been great for his auto tranny. :p

Wow this really does look like a genuinely fun and cheap project. I only wish I had such mechanical skills or I would buy CVPI in a heartbeat.

Wow this really does look like a genuinely fun and cheap project. I only wish I had such mechanical skills or I would buy CVPI in a heartbeat.

Theres a huge support community for them (ask or search for questions and you will get answers pretty much immediately). I know someone who bought one, and replaced the entire interior as well as fixed the slightly arthritic engine before they were 18 (I'm not sure how long they worked on the car)

Yeah - plus none of this stuff really is all that difficult. Mostly just a few bolts here and there and hey presto, it's out with installation being merely the reverse of removal. I'm not really having to modify much of anything to make it fit, no fabrication, etc., etc.

Like I am going to post all the gear going into a car on an open internet forum.... :p

Heh - that is unfortunately the fate of a lot of these ex-copcars.

Any updates on the progress of the interior? Are the door panels going to remain the same? (I doubt that Town Car ones would fit anyways). What about the carpets?

Awsome car Spectre. I miss my P71. My fianc?e won't allow me to buy another one. :( But she will let me buy a Marauder if I so choose. :D

Any updates on the progress of the interior? Are the door panels going to remain the same? (I doubt that Town Car ones would fit anyways). What about the carpets?

Carpet kit is on order, Mercury Grand Marquis door and dash panels are on (pictures soon) and I'm having issues with the front seats.

Awsome car Spectre. I miss my P71. My fianc?e won't allow me to buy another one. :( But she will let me buy a Marauder if I so choose. :D

Heh, perhaps you have chosen poorly in your selection of fianc?e? :mrgreen:

I'll just leave this here.

Yeah, per this post and for others' information - the fuel pump failed and we had to tow the thing back to the Volcano.

I'll just leave this here.

Heh, you got arrested by teh Spectre! :D

Carpet kit is on order, Mercury Grand Marquis door and dash panels are on (pictures soon) and I'm having issues with the front seats.

Heh, perhaps you have chosen poorly in your selection of fianc?e? :mrgreen:

Nah, she just needs convincing. Besides, an all blacked out Marauder is actually cooler than the P71. Slightly...

Glad it's just a fuel pump and not a stripped out spark plug. My friend's '02 P71 just fired off another one off and he's debating whether to fix it or get some late model heads. Either way, it's going to be a real pain.

There's a rethreading kit that can be applied; it's actually a Ford approved process.