FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but I don't think that would work out too well. Those aren't designed for continuous use, just short bursts.

Have you guys decided on where we're staying yet?

That's one of the many things that still needs to be worked out.

For some reason i interpreted this homemade cool suit as using the fuel from the car to cool the driver, which, in my head, resulted in a hilarious fireball...

For some reason i interpreted this homemade cool suit as using the fuel from the car to cool the driver, which, in my head, resulted in a hilarious fireball...

... Well, it would work, but it wouldn't pass tech, and it wouldn't be all that cool.

Do not let that man anywhere near anything you're about to wear.

Still searching- in prior years we stayed at the Super8 in Lancaster, and the Holiday Inn Express in Camden. HIE = $100-ish/night with decent parking, S8 = $60/night, no trailer parking.

Few things on the todo;
-Hotel arrangements
-Tow vehicle arrangements
-Replace tierods ends on the gtp
-Change the car #
-insulate the trailer, and get another ac unit.

Have you guys decided on where we're staying yet?

Still searching- in prior years we stayed at the Super8 in Lancaster, and the Holiday Inn Express in Camden. HIE = $100-ish/night with decent parking, S8 = $60/night, no trailer parking.

Few things on the todo;
-Hotel arrangements
*snip*

I'm saving money and bunking at the track... *shrug*

Hmmmm, anyone not staying at the track then?

I still don't know if a hotel is in the cards or not, but I'll be bringing ultra cot with me anyway.

I'm all for sleeping at the track. The driver's seat of my crappy little car is better than most hotel beds I've yet encountered (save some legendary 4 and 5-star stuff)

If I make it out for this race....and I'm trying to get the time off..

I'm in a hotel! I do like my creature comforts. :p

Alright, I'm getting worried about the rooms selling out. I'll pick one of those 2 hotels this weekend and get a 2 bed room from Thursday to Monday (as long as it's same price as 1 bed). Whoever decides to share later can join.

Quiky just got back to town tonight, but neither of us had time to sort out lodging details. All I know for sure right now is that I'll be staying at Quiky's place prior to the race, during and after I'm still not sure about but I'll have my camping gear with my anyway.

I'm planning on the Super8 in Lancaster SC. Two queen beds = $60/night-ish+tax, and its a reasonable motel (stayed there last year).

I'm planning on the Super8 in Lancaster SC. Two queen beds = $60/night-ish+tax, and its a reasonable motel (stayed there last year).

That might be a possibility for me. I know an 8 hour drive doesn't sound like much, but I still remember the last drive for one of these.

Lost in the mountains with a craptastic GPS. :p

Now, to see if I can get the time off of work.

I booked a 2 queen bed room, it was only $20 more for 4 nights than a 1 queen bed so I went ahead with it just in case someone decides they need a bed.
Thursday check-in and Monday check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.