What little foibles do yo have aka the How OCD Are You? Thread

1. Bite my nails. Constantly.

2. Skittles.

I have some rules about skittles. First, there has to be an even total number in any handful I grab. Second, I count out even numbers of each colors. Odd ones out get thrown back.

Third, I separate them by color on my plate.
Fourth, I eat them, two by two (pick up and eat two at a time), color by color, in a specific order: Orange, Yellow, Red, Purple, Green.

Other than that I'm always checking my phone, over and over, just by habit, even if it has only been a few seconds since I checked.

2. Skittles.

I have some rules about skittles.[...]
I do something a bit similar to gummibears ... I take a handfull, sort them for color and then eat those gummibears of wich color there are more of than others, so I that I end up with the same numbers for each color (let?s just say 2 per color) ... then I don?t eat them anymore for a while untill I decide wich color is more tasty for me at that moment then I eat one of that color ... then I have to eat 1 of each other color so the numbers are even again ... repeat untill hand is empty ...

:bunny:

Last edited:
Yeah i actually tend to do the same with most differently colored/flavored candies.

Except M&Ms. Those just get thrown into the mouth.

That's because M&M's all taste the same!

My rule for colored candies: separate by color, then eat in order of least favorite to best.

Yellow, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, Pink, Blue, usually. Unless the Yellow is banana. That bumps it right to the top. Other colors have a place too those are just the common ones.

No one is allowed to eat in my car and only water may be drank in it.
Anyone who dares throwing up in my car will be instantaniously thrown out no matter what time of day it is, no matter what location we're at.
With that you better be prepared to pull over anytime someone says they are going to throw up when in you car.

I eat and drink in my car all the time, if my car isn't a place to do as I please, then I don't know what is. I do avoid messy foods and uncovered drinks, though. I have a vivid memory of carpooling with someone on my little league team when i was younger.... it was a mid-90s Saturn, manual, and my friend's dad was pouring drinks for us into paper cups from a pitcher, while driving :blink:

I will always choose an end of the row parking space if I can so I have plenty of room to get in and also to minimise the risk of my car getting dented.

Also I will remove the CD from the CD player, if one is in there, before turning the ingition off.

Whenever I sat my alarm I will check it at least three times before I go to sleep.

Also anything that lights up in my room will be off when I go to bed except for my alarm cock and I will position that in such a way that the light from it cannot be seen. I cannot sleep in a room with the lights on either unless I am extremely tired.

When I have a bus, train or plane ticket in my pocket, I will frequently check to see if it is still there for when I need it.

When using a computer I have to have access to a real mouse, this includes laptops, touch pad mouses bug the hell out of me.

Last edited:
All pens must be capped when not in use. I hate, hate, hate uncapped pens. Lose the cap, throw away the pen. It is dead to me.
I won't throw away uncapped pens, but if there is a cap and it's not on...AUGHHHHHHH.

If you lay a pen down on the table and don't intend to pick it back up soon, CLICK IT OFF before I decide I'm feeling...stabby.

Other things I've thought of:

I hate hearing people chew. Hatehatehate. And don't get me started on slurping or burping or whatever. Eeeeeeew, eew, eew, a thousand times eew!

My iTunes has to have as much of the visible (like, in the list) information filled in as possible, and I'm pretty particular about how things are labelled. Otherwise it drives me crazy.

I hate hearing people chew. Hatehatehate. And don't get me started on slurping or burping or whatever. Eeeeeeew, eew, eew, a thousand times eew!

Chewing with an open mouth: I will get murderous. And hypocritical, as I used to engage in belching contests with an old college roommate and can make my outbursts echo across a quad.

Chewing with an open mouth: I will get murderous. And hypocritical, as I used to engage in belching contests with an old college roommate and can make my outbursts echo across a quad.
I'm all about belching contests at the right time and place. Shoot, I'll even join in.

...but at dinner? Eew. I'm trying to eat, y'know?

I'm all about belching contests at the right time and place. Shoot, I'll even join in.

...but at dinner? Eew. I'm trying to eat, y'know?

True. I do regret the one time I let a huge one out at dinner and caught the poor guy sitting next to me right in the face. Afterward I kept the pressure inside and only vented after leaving the dining hall.

tumblr_l7q6089zv71qcretco1_500.jpg

If you're a bit OCD and this pic gives you a calm and slightly warm feeling inside, you'll love this blog: Things Organized Neatly

I know I do.

(And yeah, the corkscrew isn't straight at all.)

What a mess! Whoever sorted that lot out has no clue how to be a safe, organised and methodical chef. I'd grab the nearest chef's knife and stab them for settin gout my kitchen in such a shoddy manner!

:cry: How dare you mistake my collection of slightly used sex toys for kitchen appliances?

If you're a bit OCD and this pic gives you a calm and slightly warm feeling inside, you'll love this blog: Things Organized Neatly

I know I do.

Corkscrew notwithstanding, that is a thing of beauty, that. Better than Xanax/chocolate/tub of Ben & Jerry's/deep tissue massage...

Corkscrew notwithstanding, that is a thing of beauty, that. Better than Xanax/chocolate/tub of Ben & Jerry's/deep tissue massage...

That's a mere starter kit for apprentices. ;)

I know I do.

I'm the opposite. That picture makes me extremely uncomfortable, I just want to put it all in a big pile.

Whereas I'm thinking the whisk and spatula present some interesting opportunities. :grin:

- My pen must be placed in front of my monitor at any time, if it isn't there I will become cranky and start looking for it.
- Firefox tabs must be in the correct order (I always have the same ones open).
- Whenever I leave the house and lock the door I always have to check it several times before walking away.
- Phone in left pocket, wallet, bus pass and keys in the right pocket. If I travel then it's passport in the right pocket.
- Stuff in my backpack has to be ordered in sizes - biggest things closest to the back then smaller and smaller. Water bottle in the outer compartment.
- The Start Menu on my computer has to have all the applications in a certain order. Whenever I start my computer from cold every day I always start MSN Messenger first, then putty then Firefox.
- Winamp must have a playlist with all my songs in it, in alphabetical order.
- All the apps on my iPhone always have to be in the same position, on the same page.
- Whenever I make new documents in Word all the fonts, spaces, alignments, have to be perfect, I get angry when I see someone not paying any attention to the 'editorial'/look of a document.
- Whenever I'm walking outside with stuff in my pockets I check every 30sec-1min to see if they are still there.
- When I eat gummibears I like aligning them up in a long row, grouped in colours.
- I always set my alarm a few minutes before I actually need it, so if I want an alarm for 0700 I set it for 0658.

Another one I remembered: freaking stairs.

Going up them is okay unless I'm carrying a bunch of stuff, which is pretty normal, I think. Most people I know wouldn't want to eat it on concrete steps while carrying a laptop/camera/[insert expensive breakable thing here]. Usually, though, climbing stairs is no big deal.

Going downstairs, though? No. No, no, no, a thousand times NO. I guess there's something about the way it's sometimes hard to tell just how tall a step is when you're looking down at it as opposed to up at it, but there's an elevator or a gently graded ramp somewhere 'round here, right?

I'm the same way on hikes, too. Climbing uphill is great. Climbing downhill...not so much. I always feel like my feet aren't going to catch the ground below me and I'll keep slipping down the hill onto my butt.

I'm not completely nuts. I'll go down stairs and hills, but no sir, I don't like it.