VW News Combo: Volkswagen wants to buy Alfa-Romeo and recruits Mr Opel

It sells well enough in Europe actually to guarantee its life

I stand corrected. However I still feel that their expansion policy will bite them in the ass.

I personally don't want to see VW get any bigger than it is right now (I wish it had stopped growing before absorbing Porsche). We don't needing VW to get so big that it eventually crumbles under itself, taking half the world's cars with it.

On the whole skin lamp and soap thing: EWWWWWWW

And the lamp should go to the Holocaust museum as further proof that Jews were killed by the Nazi regime.

VW is on an acquisition spree to help its bid to topple Toyota Motor Corp. as the world's No. 1 automaker.

Toyota is still number 1?

While it is a shame that Fiat can?t manage to get Alfa back on track (and RWD), despite having some of the best looking cars of the last 2 decades ... Alfa under VW ownership ... feels wrong. While the VAG Platforms and technology certainly are some of the better ones in the industry, they could very well rob Alfa of the last bits of soul and passion ...

Alfa will be moving to RWD with the help of Chrysler.

On the whole skin lamp and soap thing: EWWWWWWW

And the lamp should go to the Holocaust museum as further proof that Jews were killed by the Nazi regime.

It gets worse than that, but that's no longer germane (no pun intended) to this topic at that point. PM me if you want more references. Suffice it to say that human skin lampshades and human soap were far from the worst to come out of that, and that as time has gone on, we are finding out that what were thought of as the more 'extreme' accusations from that time were, in fact, true. No matter how much we all wish it wasn't.

Toyota is still number 1?

Apparently, yes.

Last edited:
It gets worse than that, but that's no longer germane (no pun intended) to this topic at that point. PM me if you want more references. Suffice it to say that human skin lampshades and human soap were far from the worst to come out of that, and that as time has gone on, we are finding out that what were thought of as the more 'extreme' accusations from that time were, in fact, true. No matter how much we all wish it wasn't.

Let's put it this way: Given the extensive amount of documentation available one should assume any supposed nazi atrocity to be true until proven otherwise, which, by the way, is exactely why i insist of making fun of the Nazis, no matter how distasteful: The aura of ultimate evil around Hitler is part of his ongoing appeal especially to adolesents, fueling nazi skinhead, bonehead and neo-nazi movements all over the world. But let's end this tangent here.

Last edited:
Let's put it this way: Given the extensive amount of documentation available one should assume any supposed nazi atrocity to be true until proven otherwise. But let's end this tangent here.

QFT and :+1:

Let's put it this way: Given the extensive amount of documentation available one should assume any supposed nazi atrocity to be true until proven otherwise, which, by the way, is exactely why i insist of making fun of the Nazis, no matter how distasteful: The aura of ultimate evil around Hitler is part of his ongoing appeal especially to adolesents, fueling nazi skinhead, bonehead and neo-nazi movements all over the world. But let's end this tangent here.

I knew it. Hitler did anally rape space aliens. Which naturally brings us to VW wanting to buy Alfa Romeo somehow.

Reactions: MWF
Why can't VW make interesting VWs instead? :| Line up too boring Volkswagen, fix plz.

I knew it. Hitler did anally rape space aliens. Which naturally brings us to VW wanting to buy Alfa Romeo somehow.

VW have the found ashes of Hitler which they have used to reconstruct him and augmented him with telekinetic implants from captured space aliens. Cyborg-Hitler have in secret been dispatched to Turin to make Marchionne an offer on Alfa-Romeo he cannot refuse. We should see the results shortly.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/08/25/8vZVaLrqhke45g7nc3YxTRXLo1_500.jpg

This is his vehicle

Last edited:
VW wants to buy Alfa-Romeo, and recruits former Opel boss for that job?

...did I overslept 6 months and today is 1st April? :lol::lol::lol:

So what VW is basicly saying is, that the Alfa Brand has a better prestige than them and Opel has built better Cars than them. :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder when they're taking over Polski Fiat, killing the Skoda brand. :lol:

It's the Alfagen Golfietta! :+1:

So now we'll have VAG products that not only have electrics that don't work, they'll randomly burst into flames with twice the former amount of parts falling off? Plus they'll have satnavs that only go to Poland and Ethiopia, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
But this thread is barely 2 pages long :D
Also I thought the first rule of the internet was "You don't talk abou..." I've said too much :blink:

Reactions: AiR