Swede may have to pay $ 1 million for speeding in Switzerland

I think you can all skip the obvious, and realize what I meant.
Performance cars require instructed drivers or else they're an extra danger for the drivers as well as other vehicles. How did the 911 get the reputation of being a 'widowmaker'? Perhaps if the fat businessmen who could afford them had had some training on how to handle a rear engined car with those power outputs, it would have been a little better?

How did the 911 get the reputation of being a 'widowmaker'?

It had a shity suspension. They fixed it, which is why for the last coupe of decades they haven't had those problems with snap oversteer.

French bankers who hid away their treasures in the Alps said:
Le Su?dois pinc? ? 290 km/h d?clare que son compteur ?tait en panne
10 ao?t 2010 - 17:34

Le ressortissant su?dois qui a ?t? contr?l? vendredi ? 290 km/h sur l'autoroute A12 ? la hauteur de Guin (FR) a d?clar? ? la justice que son compteur ne fonctionnait pas. Une expertise technique du v?hicule, qui a ?t? saisi, pourrait ?tre ordonn?e.

Dans un communiqu? publi? mardi, le juge d'instruction fribourgeois Markus Julmy indique en outre que la voiture est l?galement immatricul?e en Allemagne avec un num?ro provisoire. Apr?s avoir ?t? auditionn?, le conducteur a ?t? lib?r?, priv? de son permis de conduire. Il devra passer devant un tribunal.

Ag? de 37 ans, il a ?t? flash? vendredi ? 13h21 par un radar fixe alors qu'il roulait de Berne en direction de Lausanne. Son exc?s de vitesse mesur? ? 290 km/h, sans la d?duction de la marge d'erreur de 7 km/h, constitue un record "absolu" sur territoire fribourgeois, voire peut-?tre suisse, selon les porte-parole de la police fribourgeoise et de l'Office f?d?ral des routes.

SDA-ATS News Service
Driver says the speedometer didnt work. In related news, I've just been to Mars and I don't encourage anyone to go there, the nightlife is shit and their cuisine is dry and unimpressive. I did meet with the president of Mars, Oookllook Blooozolom and he bestowed the highest honour onto me ever given to an alien, the "golden glory probe".

Brand new luxury car, speedometer doesnt work. Go lie to jail... that's where this guy belongs.
Or better yet, take his word for it, and then revoke his driver license for life, for being an idiot and not knowing the visual difference between 100km/h and 250
"Oh I thought every other car was doing 40.. not my fault"

290 is insane... I like speed and usually think most of european roads and even some brazilian ones should have a limit higher then the 120-130 km/h they currently do. But what this guy did is all kinds of irresponsability. And the faulty gauge... give me a break.

PS - This speedo thing actually made the news many years ago in Rio. We have a big, 3-4 lane avenue where the limit was fixed at 90 km/h. This lady was caught by the then brand new photo-radar system at around 90 MPH! Her defense? Her recently imported car (and if I remember, it was a Volvo!) was so good and smooth she couldn't tell she was going much faster than the limit. And told she'd sue the importer because he didn't let her know that by changing K for an M changed so much in the scale! :lol: I don't remember how the case ended, but I woudn't be surprised if she'd walked away.

Apparently if you go fast enough the cameras get confused.

It is believed the unnamed 37-year-old had only just picked up the car from a seller in Germany when the cameras clocked him. He had also managed to avoid being caught earlier in his lightning journey because the cameras he passed could only register speeds up to 200km/h. It took a new generation machine to record that he was going close to the 300km/h barrier.

Road he was speeding on.

His residence.
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/08/13/topelement.jpg

His identity is still shrouded in mystery and even more so now, because that's where he was staying. How does a gypsy afford a SLS? If he can afford an SLS, why doesnt he check into an hotel?

Last edited:
Doing 290kmh for extended period of time to get yourself clocked on a camera is pretty stupid.. especially when Germany is so close. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted to max the car on a single straight and then slow down to a civilized speed.

edit: my post #1,000, yay! :D

The latest news is that the man told the press that he was not satisfied with his driving. "I should have done better, I was hoping to reach 360km/h" he said. But now he's skipped bail and made off somewhere with his band of gypsys. The car remains with the swiss police. Still have no idea who he is (all we know he's a romani with a swedish citizenship), why he was driving a SLS, or why he's travelling with a band of gypsys. He could be a goalkeeper, he buys the car on credit and then drives somewhere to sell it. Or it's a money laundering operation. Or he's shitting money, he paid bail (altough an unspecified amount) after all.

It's complicated.

Last edited:
Well, in Europe it doesn't necessarily turn into a police chase, when the police tries to stop somebody ;) People here simply turn over and stop, when the police signals them to do so :p

The Swiss police are not stopped by anything, not even the language barrier.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/09/01/DSCF0035.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2009/08/24/swiss.JPG
^ lip